Windows 7 doesn't boot faster

No, first time Vista is fast boot than SP1 and SP2, becuase first time, it is sort program, later, more update, secuirty, SP1, and SP2, all in vista too much... then slow... Windows 7 will fast.. but next year, Windows 7 will slow later... I know microsoft is cheat becuase they need money every 2 or 3 year, many people complint xp is slow then buy vista slow then buy 7 etc... etc...

Mac OS X Snow Leopard boots up faster than Windows 7. ;)

I'm not a Windows user, but I've always been curious why people are so absorbed with the concept of faster boot times...I consider speed more important once the machine actually starts running processes

No, first time Vista is fast boot than SP1 and SP2, becuase first time, it is sort program, later, more update, secuirty, SP1, and SP2, all in vista too much... then slow... Windows 7 will fast.. but next year, Windows 7 will slow later... I know microsoft is cheat becuase they need money every 2 or 3 year, many people complint xp is slow then buy vista slow then buy 7 etc... etc...

Not for OSX. :)

Your post is moot because I have Vista SP2, it is more improved and faster than Vista with no SP so your computer must be sucks.

I'm not a Windows user, but I've always been curious why people are so absorbed with the concept of faster boot times...I consider speed more important once the machine actually starts running processes

Fan boys (pc and mac nazi's) always bring those kind of topic up, as one of their defense mechanism. I agree with you.

I dont see much elitists discuss about booting up speed, only cpu benchmarks.

So what..... They do not have any stuff programs then make faster boot up. Installed Anti-virus and all other stuffs make slower boot up.

All my 3 computers do not have Anti-virus, Anti-spam, etc. Just installed Office, Acrobat and Photo software. No junk stuff in my computers.

So what..... They do not have any stuff programs then make faster boot up. Installed Anti-virus and all other stuffs make slower boot up.

All my 3 computers do not have Anti-virus, Anti-spam, etc. Just installed Office, Acrobat and Photo software. No junk stuff in my computers.

And risk your computers? Your computers will not survive that long... You are letting a big hole for malwares, hacker and so on. Good luck.

And risk your computers? Your computers will not survive that long... You are letting a big hole for malwares, hacker and so on. Good luck.

Yup, without anti-virus has cause Vista to become slowly degrade into crappy OS in later so I have reformat and clean install because I visit too many unfamiliar websites, I noticed that Games took over min to load instead of loaded in less than 10 sec at new clean install Vista.

Christer & Nathan

Sorry for little Off Topic (OT)

At my workplace, they always have anti-virus but still got virus and malwares. I noticed that Win XP Prof got virus more than old Win NT or Win 2000.

My son has Anti-virus on his computer with Win XP. He got virus.
Other my son complains.... too slow and some virus. Soon, I will help him re-format his computer at college. All colleges require all students/staffs have McAFEE AV or other brand AV. Anti-Virus does not really big help to prevent virus.

I used to have computers since 1977. Not often, I got virus or malwares.

Last December, my wife use my laptop. She got malwares on my laptop. Last Jan, I installed Win 7. Sometime, I do download McAfee Stringer (to check any virus). Not see any virus since Jan 2009.

Most times, HACKERS always target business. No reason target on home users. They always look for free WIFI at next door. Few times, our internet went down then I do pick unsecure Wifi from neighood.

I do not use IM, AIM, etc... Also, I ignores all junk emails. Very few times, I got strange pop-up then computer's power off/on. I do not trust to click "Yes or No or Cancel" They do trick us (malwares). My best choice is power off better than be sorry myself.

If you use IM/AIM, check email with attachments, etc... You should have Anti-virus but STILL NOT 100 PERCENT SECURITY!!!

My father has Apple Mac. He got Virus. That's not common for Apple users. I am not familiar with Apple Mac. Let my brother took care for his dad's computer. My brother worked for Apple Computer - (Gov and film industrial).

Windows 7 looks nice, feels very responsive and yeah it boots fast. But, I am interested to see if the speed will be maintained over time. I am skeptical. :)

As for anti-virus applications... I also don't use them either. Pointless software. :)

Deafscooter's Custom Dell Mini 9 with Mac OSX (SL)
Run Boot up from Cold to Fully Loaded to ready use

===>> Only 10 Seconds! After press power button

Windows 7 64 bit version boots faster than xp on my computer . I deleted xp and installed windows 7 .

Deafscooter's Custom Dell Mini 9 with Mac OSX (SL)
Run Boot up from Cold to Fully Loaded to ready use

===>> Only 10 Seconds! After press power button

Your Dell Mini is hackintosh?

Apple try to kill Hackintosh netbook. The current recommendation is to stick with 10.6.1 if you're running Snow Leopard, or 10.5.8 if your Hackintosh has Leopard. You could also try upgrading to 10.6.2 using an older or modified kernel.

Hackintosh Netbook users take note: Snow Leopard 10.6.2 update kills support for Atom Processor - OS X Daily

My Windows 7 Ultimate x64 has a much faster boot than my Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I am real happy about it.

I installed the windows 7 upgrade that where I got it from Dell. It is very stable and response faster.

Is anyone satisfy with that windows 7 than previous windows os?

Back