Windows 7 doesn't boot faster

Windows 7 looks nice, feels very responsive and yeah it boots fast. But, I am interested to see if the speed will be maintained over time. I am skeptical. :)

As for anti-virus applications... I also don't use them either. Pointless software. :)

I have been using Win7 for six months now, no problems with 'developing lags' but it will happen for sure, but further down the track. Win7 is built on the base of Server 2009 technology, so in effect these OS's shares server's archtitures which means less vulnerable, light, fast, more transparancy and also follows an idea in which the internet to behave more like a neural network...

the WIn7 i have here is the 'ultimate' version on RC (evaluation copy) so willl have to purchase a real copy , this time will be the Professional level, slightly 'less' than ultimate - i could not go down to Home Prem or Basic no way, if so I mainly use this computer for study and general home uses, ( I dont even play games now) I'd like the flexibility with a higher-grade OS's - my preferance.
Lastly Windows 7, with Kaspersky boots up real quick.absolutely no complaints here. I suspect people were picking wrong AV's, wrong bunch of applications that bloats the boot sequence, moreover buying a ready-take-home computers with Win7 supplied is bound to be riddled with bloatwares - all this trial softwares shit. That is a problem. It is best to get a fresh copy and start from there, so if possible buy a new Computer ask for discount to minus the OS, and supply yourself the real thing.

I am new to Windows 7 Professional as of tonight, and the boot was faster than the Vista used to... will get back to you once I have gotten used to the new OS :D

Back