Windows 7 desktop wallpaper issue

Steel X

Reaction score
So...I'm using windows 7 on my netbook. I have saved the picture as a theme for the desktop however, abt every time I turn off my netbook and turn it on, the picture gets all stretched and looks terrible and I went to the options to turn it back to fit or fill but it kept staying in the stretched position and it piss me off. I dont know why it's like that...so I had to go to the internet and click properties on the picture then set it out with the blue background the way I want. So its done...but it kept going to the stretched position every time I turn on/off my netbook. It annoys me...anyone know how to fix this?

Hmm...
It could be a problem with gpu drivers/software or third-party software may be tempering with desktop wallpaper settings. Update the gpu drivers and software or check the task manager for foreign software running in the background.
Is the picture bigger than the screen resolution? Resize it to fit in the resolution to see if it can fix the problem.

I did not know that you have netbook, thats so cool.. what kind of netbook you use? Anyway, If you upgraded OS on your netbook, Yeah Screen resolution is issue, not easy. Did you update drivers for vga after upgraded OS?

For facts, the resolution of 800x600 and 1024x600 if you use Window7 on netbook, thats very limit option. otherwise you have to downgrade OS, if update drivers doesn't work it out.. its up to you.

hp-mini-311-netbook_3.jpg

This is exactly what I have. HP mini with Windows 7, Intel Atom, and NVIDIA ION. I only got this as for internet use, mostly and that's why the netbook is perfect for me.

I got this as a good deal from the Verzion store so...anyway, since u two seem to think upgrading drivers is a must...how do I upgrade drivers?

hp-mini-311-netbook_3.jpg

This is exactly what I have. HP mini with Windows 7, Intel Atom, and NVIDIA ION. I only got this as for internet use, mostly and that's why the netbook is perfect for me.

I got this as a good deal from the Verzion store so...anyway, since u two seem to think upgrading drivers is a must...how do I upgrade drivers?
Oh, Now I got it. you bought the pre-installed OS netbook.. :D no need update drivers.

Like I said, the resolution is limit options. your netbook running 800x600 and 1024x600 only, I am right?

btw your netbook is awesome and sexy!

Good luck with your sweet netbook. smile.

HOLD on, folks..

did the Window 7 come with the netbook pre-installed?

Oh, Now I got it. you bought the pre-installed OS netbook.. :D no need update drivers.

Like I said, the resolution is limit options. your netbook running 800x600 and 1024x600 only, I am right?

btw your netbook is awesome and sexy!

Good luck with your sweet netbook. smile.

I checked my display options and it says :

Display 1. Mobile PC Display

1366x768 (recommended)

Orientation : Landscape

*shrugs*

Yes. There are some out already.
Then it has nothing to do with the upgrade, since the current netbooks now come with Win 7 - I need to find the settings wwhich my PC has Win 7

are you on home basic version?

Then it has nothing to do with the upgrade, since the current netbooks now come with Win 7 - I need to find the settings wwhich my PC has Win 7

are you on home basic version?

Yes.

Don't you realized that you may have Windows 7 Starter edition. Most Netbooks fequently uses this. There are 4 different editions of Windows 7. Starter Edition do not have option to configure wallpaper unless you know how to hack it's registry file ect.

Windows 7 Home Premium does have option to configure wallpaper but it don't have XP mode to run old softwares. Maybe your netbook would work with it if you upgrade it with Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade kit.

Windows 7 Professional have better options including Windows XP mode to work with older softwares.

Windows 7 Ultimate is everything but it's for system with lot of power to run it. It'll ultimately kills your netbook :rofl2:

Just FYI

Catty

Enter model number of your netbook, printed on label found on bottom of the netbook, at
24/7 Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products - HP Customer Care (United States - English) and click 'Next' button. Then select the 'Software & Driver downloads' link and select the operating system to bring up the correct drivers for the netbook.

Don't you realized that you may have Windows 7 Starter edition. Most Netbooks fequently uses this. There are 4 different editions of Windows 7. Starter Edition do not have option to configure wallpaper unless you know how to hack it's registry file ect.

Windows 7 Home Premium does have option to configure wallpaper but it don't have XP mode to run old softwares. Maybe your netbook would work with it if you upgrade it with Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade kit.

Windows 7 Professional have better options including Windows XP mode to work with older softwares.

Windows 7 Ultimate is everything but it's for system with lot of power to run it. It'll ultimately kills your netbook :rofl2:

Just FYI

Catty

Not true because Steel got netbook from Verizon.
Enter your location

Steel X, had you saved the picture to the netbook?

Yes. I even saved the theme. It still keep going into "stretch" mode everytime I turn off/on my netbook. I try to change it, it still stays there.

Back