windows 10

caz

Reaction score
I have just tried install it but page say problem and my computer not compatible I have windows 7 why is this what do I have to do

Buy new computer that's compatible, problem solved

Buy new computer that's compatible, problem solved

rofl or crying. not option I bought this computer last year thinks I been screwed and not legit windows,apparently that one of the reasons

progress the windows 10 icon has moved from right to left and have put all pass words in again..is that it window 10

Is your computer a laptop or desktop?

If it's laptop, buy new whole laptop.
If it's desktop, upgrade what is necessary on CPU, RAM, HDD/SDD, etc.

You might not have the SP1 for Windows 7 installed. Make sure you update whatever is needed from Microsoft for Windows 7 before doing 10.

it desktop..for some reason it put icons of searching history just under the google box..i no idea if sp1 on computer. i lost will to live dealing with computer try use ipad

You might not have the SP1 for Windows 7 installed. Make sure you update whatever is needed from Microsoft for Windows 7 before doing 10.
HP announced they will no longer provide SP1 or any others.... so if you recover a computer you will lose it if you do not back it up.

That's oddly. I upgraded my five years old HP Touchsmart Tm2 laptop from Windows 7 Pro OEM to clean Windows 10 Pro without issues after I restored it back to HP's OEM version with the recovery discs. Same with my gaming desktop, ran on Windows 8.1 Pro.

See if you can obtain the recovery discs for your desktop.

Microsoft provide Service Pack updates via Windows Updates or download from the official website.

I think DeafDucky's got it.

Caz, if I were you, I'd run windows updates and make sure all the updates are installed, then try upgrading to Windows 10 again.

I recommend to use Windows 10 media creation tools. Google it and you find more info about that. Downloading to DVD or 4/8 GB USB bootable drive. Install from media.

Those of you who already installed windows 10- did you notice your antivirus software getting uninstalled and vanishing with Windows Defender turned on by default?

Two of my friends have said that their antivirus (McAfee and ah crap can't remember the other one right now) disappeared after Windows 10 fully installed, one had to re-install hers, the other will likely redo everything this weekend with her son there to help.

I'm still with Windows 7 on my old computer....and it's fine...called my Tech about Windows 10...and he said..."nah"...let it go.

if your tecki said that then that good enough for me

Those of you who already installed windows 10- did you notice your antivirus software getting uninstalled and vanishing with Windows Defender turned on by default?

Two of my friends have said that their antivirus (McAfee and ah crap can't remember the other one right now) disappeared after Windows 10 fully installed, one had to re-install hers, the other will likely redo everything this weekend with her son there to help.

No. Windows 10 upgrade didn't remove Comodo Internet Security, antivirus of my choice, from my desktop. However, the program alerted me the firewall isn't working correctly and I fixed it by redownload then reinstalled the antivirus.

CPU requirements are PAE, NX, and SSE2

might your cpu is old

explain: Pentium 4, 478 socket, won't Win 8.1 and 10
but 775 socket work them, because CPU's chip PAX,NX and SSE2

my other computer is pentium D (775) with Windows 10, it is working, fine,

I tried it. Not compatible with some of my apps. Also display on older apps like Adobe CS3 is terrible. At least the downgrade only took 5 minutes back on 8.1. And if you downgrade the win 10 upgrade option reappears right away.

Back