Windows 10 Upgrade free

I posted in the other thread but will ask quick here...

Anyone who have installed Windows 10, did you notice anything going on with your antivirus software?

Two of my friends said their antivirus software 'disappeared' as in uninstalled and Windows Defender turned on by default. One friend had to re-install her antivirus.

Anyone who have installed Windows 10, did you notice anything going on with your antivirus software?

Two of my friends said their antivirus software 'disappeared' as in uninstalled and Windows Defender turned on by default. One friend had to re-install her antivirus.
It checks to sew I'd your AV software has a change registration (aka approved software reported to Microsoft) if not it gets uninstalled and replaced with Windows Defender.... Like I said. Orwellian...

all the things in my virus wear need upgrading....I just lost will to live putting 10 on so I get tecki sort it out

Windows Defender looks like almost same to Microsoft Security Essentials.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Yes, this happen even on Windows 7. It's depending on two things, didn't get all the latest update on any of Antivirus. I seen one person still kept older version, example Bono Antivirus version 8 where today is Bono Antivirus version 12 you know? That will replace with Windows Defender. Secondly, sometime antivirus not installed properly but still work. That causes MS couldn't find existing antivirus in the registry so that prompted to enable the Windows Defender. So solution to that is to uninstall antivirus and re-install it directly from the latest downloaded antivirus installer (not directly from saved antivirus installer folder on desktop)

I have McAfee and didn't have any issues with it getting uninstalled. I bet SneakerNet is right, you just have to be up to date with the latest version of the antivirus software

thanks guys- Yea I suspect neither had it updated to the most recent version but will need to ask. The other person's was Trend Micro antivirus. I suspect some antivirus may not be Windows 10 ready either so that may be the other reason why.

Some of you might be interested in this thread from another forum that I am part of (just as someone that reads it a posts from time to time).

http://www.kittyforums.net/showthread.php/9820-Windows-10-(RTM)

And this link from that thread. There are a lot of things to consider before making the decision to take M$ up on the upgrade way of going to 10.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/07/25/windows-10-automatic-update-problems/

some intresting views as I thought something free you do pay for it in long run

Run Command
What do you mean you can't Start/run from Keyboard? I use shortcut key Windowskey+R, this will execute run command. Not sure if that what you mean?

I mean that in older versions of Windows I could just press Start then the letter R and that gets me the run dialog box. I didn't know about the Start + R shortcut thanks!

I hate it that when I click apps, open windows like white-flash to eyes!!hurt!! hurt!! how I need RID open flash-white but Win 95 to Win 7 were fine, no flash-white!! because night, I turh theme black or gray background, relex, I HATE flash-white !!!

I hate it that when I click apps, open windows like white-flash to eyes!!hurt!! hurt!! how I need RID open flash-white but Win 95 to Win 7 were fine, no flash-white!! because night, I turh theme black or gray background, relex, I HATE flash-white !!!

You could ask VR to cover the special monitor for you.

BTW, I have Usher Syndrome and I have no issue with Windows 10.

I mean that in older versions of Windows I could just press Start then the letter R and that gets me the run dialog box. I didn't know about the Start + R shortcut thanks!

No problem, the two keyboard shortcuts I most often use are Start+R and Start+E (explorer).

I found some old unused Staples DVD+R discs (in the original stack case) and am wondering if they're ok to use to create my Windows 8 recovery discs (HP Pavilion laptop).

I'd hate to have to go out and buy a bunch of discs that I won't be using just to get the 6 or 7 that I'll need if these aren't "safe" to use. Or I could get a 32gb flash drive, I suppose.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I found some old unused Staples DVD+R discs (in the original stack case) and am wondering if they're ok to use to create my Windows 8 recovery discs (HP Pavilion laptop).

I'd hate to have to go out and buy a bunch of discs that I won't be using just to get the 6 or 7 that I'll need if these aren't "safe" to use. Or I could get a 32gb flash drive, I suppose.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Someone with more expertize than me needs to comment.

But, my first thought is if they were stored in decent conditions why not try putting something else on one and then read it. Seems like a decent test to me.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I recommended you to make a recovery DVD for Windows 8 - in case if you plan to change the PC hardware that require to install Windows 7/8 first before upgrading to Windows 10.

It seems you may have cataract so you need to get your eyes checked.

Cataract is very common for Usher Syndrome.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I recommended you to make a recovery DVD for Windows 8 - in case if you plan to change the PC hardware that require to install Windows 7/8 first before upgrading to Windows 10.

Foxrac
I suggest you re-read LoveBlue's post as the question is NOT a matter making the recovery disk(s) BUT if there are problems with using old (but not used) disks to do so.

Foxrac
I suggest you re-read LoveBlue's post as the question is NOT a matter making the recovery disk(s) BUT if there are problems with using old (but not used) disks to do so.

Old doesn't matter as long as they are not wrote and some DVD come with rewritable that can write, erase then rewrite.

I prefer USB - it is easy to create ISO with tool - http://wudt.codeplex.com/

Many of older version of Recovery Disc only work in DVD method. Like LoveBlue's HP Pavilion laptop have recovery tools and will burn to DVD but not sure will able to burn to flash Drive, but you stated that you have Windows 8 and I'm sure this support USB flash Drive. It's a lot easier and cheaper method in a long run. Some recovery tool do support DVD, USB flash Drive or USB External Drive. DVD is soon becoming obsolete.

You know I got both DVDs and CDs, like about 75 each sitting on my shelf for long time. I don't know if I'll ever use it up.

Back