Windows 10 Upgrade free

snallga

Reaction score
I saw "Get Windows 10" icon on the right of the taskbar today. So, I already reserved it until July 29th, 2015. Sounds great?

Did you get free Windows 10 upgrade on your computer yet?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Attachments

• 1433192642167.jpg
    1433192642167.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21
I have window 8.1 and I am not crazy about it. So I am not sure I want to try # 10

Copy Apple's idea. Say thank to their idea.... Free for everybody as they hope to get more license for $$$ from developer...

Also the offer it to illegal copies of Windows but won't be able to get updates once installed. That's what an IT friend told me. Be sure to backup your current system before it auto updates to Windows 10. There will also be no more Windows after that ie Windows 11 rather they will just continually update the 10 system.

I forgot to tell ya about P3. I had spoken with tech support from Purple. They said they don't know when P3 will able release on Windows 10.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Just called my computer tech about Windows 10...he advised me not to upgrade...they will charge you as far as he knows....

I think I've read where it will be free under certain circumstances & for a certain amount of time. Possibly at least for people with Win 8(.1) since that was a bomb.

I have windows 10 preview and it's ok. I suggest you to stick to Windows 7 however its free for upgrade from Windows 7 or 8. I still use Ubuntu all time:D

Yup - Windows 7 with SP1 and post-SP1 updates AND Windows 8.1 Update 3 (Nov 2014 Update) are required to have Windows 10 to be installed as an upgrade.

Also, I've heard of the next update *to* Win 10, code-named "Redstone," coming out next year. The original Win 10 is "Threshold."

Yup - Windows 7 with SP1 and post-SP1 updates AND Windows 8.1 Update 3 (Nov 2014 Update) are required to have Windows 10 to be installed as an upgrade.

Also, I've heard of the next update *to* Win 10, code-named "Redstone," coming out next year. The original Win 10 is "Threshold."
Hmm interesting...

Will have to investigate further. I'm still on the fence whether to get it or not. Some friends of mine have apparently gotten rid of the little notification lol- they don't want it I guess. I happen to not see it as I have my task bar set to auto hide (gives me more viewable space on my monitor as I tend to have windows maxed).

Are you sure this is not free? I think it is saying you have one year to upgrade it, and then after that it is not available and you have to pay if you change your mind after a year.

"Free Year" is silly, I understand it is between July 29, 2015 and July 29,2016, you need download it, you will get full lifetime, Windows 7 or 8.1 send to Microsoft, Licnise and activition to Windows 10, I sent micorsoft forums about If my old computer with retial windows 7, later, Sept 2016 or later, I will buy new own build PC, no OEM, I install reital windows 7, will upgrade Windows 10, they said YES!

if you never download between July 29, 2015 and July 29, 2016, "Upgrade Windows 10" will be gone.. you can buy it at store or online!

3 days away, Microsoft will release new Windows 10 to the users who have Windows 7 and 8.1.

Are you ready to upgrade it on your computer or not?

I had checked PC on Get Windows 10 app and guess what? My computer will work with Windows 10. It looks like that I don't have any issue on Windows 10 from my computer.

I can't wait to see it on my computer after Wednesday. :)

Attachments

• Windows 10 Upgrade 1.jpg
    Windows 10 Upgrade 1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Windows 10 Upgrade 2 .jpg
    Windows 10 Upgrade 2 .jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8
I'm surprised that it didn't check for any space available to upgrade. Many of SSD users are nearly running out of space (very common one is 256 GB). Of course I may have to clean up mine to make room for download and upgrade the system.

Back