Windows 10 Upgrade free

what if down load it get rid of windows 7 but hate 10 can you put 7 back
It will 'replace' Windows 7 yes but if you back up the files in Windows 7 before downloading Windows 10, you will be okay. You can roll back to Windows 7 using the back up if you don't like Windows 10.

Have read that Media Player is no longer included- I guess Real Player is the thing now...

I been advise to do it but scared I make mistake mess up...I tried a little bit but the site not working to well..would I have to pay if I leave it to long

I been advise to do it but scared I make mistake mess up...I tried a little bit but the site not working to well..would I have to pay if I leave it to long
You'll have a year to download/get windows 10 for free. After that it will have a price tag.

VLC is my player of choice. It can handle most any file types and it's lightweight.
I have never used this but I've seen it mentioned in multiple articles about Windows 10. So will probably try it

I installed Windows 10 a few days ago and so far it works well. Just the fact I don't get that horrible "start" menu in 8 is worth the download. Now when I press Start I get this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Windows10Start.jpg
    Windows10Start.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 82
Yeah, you can unpin lot of "Charms" I don't know if that is the right word for it. I only leave the most frequent application like Outlook, IE or Edge, Explorer, Netlix, Hulu etc...

Wrote a review on the Windows 10 on my blog. http://www.joshiesworld.com/windows-10/

Nonetheless in the short words. Windows 10 is the everyone wished for, if you are a big fan of Windows XP then it is back practically. Think of Windows 10 as very improved/modernized Windows XP if you will.

all my stuff in favorites is that classed as file also open office..how exactly do ypu save them what do I do

Here are start menu example with my convertible in laptop mode and tablet mode:

Attachments

• Laptopmode.jpg
    Laptopmode.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tabletmode.jpg
    tabletmode.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 20
all my stuff in favorites is that classed as file also open office..how exactly do ypu save them what do I do

Start > Settings > System > Default apps

You can set your preferred programs as default apps there. Additional options are at bottom of Default apps menu.

I'm quite surprised Microsoft made anything more easy to access in Windows 10, much act like smartphone iu.

Guess what? I got upgraded to Windows 10 on my computer early morning. It pretty was smooth and good.

I had tested P3 and Z5 apps on Windows 10 and then they both are working. But there were no video on both P3 and Z5. I had found old video card driver and downloaded it. After that, I opened P3 and there was video working. Whew! :).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

UPDATE: I called Purple technical support about Purple mail on P3. There was no video on the Purple mail. They told me that I need reinstall Adobe flash player for the Purple mail. So, Imwent ahead and downloaded Adobe flash player on my computer. I had tested Purple mail on P3 and opened the video. It was successful because Adobe flash player required. :)

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 so it was extremely slow, also many games were unplayable so I'm wonder that I may need new motherboard and CPU because my CPU is Intel Core i5 and motherboard is P67 from 2011.

I decided to do clean install of Windows 10 and it is A LOT better, also it is fast as Windows 7 but some games are not optimized for Windows 10 have performance issue, especially shutter and lag.

I'm not sure about new motherboard but I prefer to wait until DDR4 RAM become standard - it may take 2-3 years.

When DDR3 released in 2009 and didn't become standardized until 2011, also DDR3 motherboard in 2010 was expensive ($300+).

Just loaded Ubuntu Linux on my old laptop. There is a lot of talk about future "pay to.play" with Windows future. Also the fact that they can access all your private files and data seems pretty Owellian to me

After trying out win 10 so far I have the following observations/gripes:

1. Start -> Run can't be run from keyboard, Instead if I press Start I have to enter whatever is the name of the application and press enter. While it's a nice approach in helping create an user-friendly product I find it just slightly annoying in that I can't run a command directly, for example, what if I want to start an app that's on c:\mydrive\myapp.exe ?

I can get around this by right clicking on the Start button and selecting "run" but I miss being able to start an app by just the keyboard and gets a little time consuming when having to switch gears to a mouse.

2. The new browser, Edge, does NOT automatically import favorites from IE. I thought it would do that when I selected Edge as my default browser and you would think that it would go ahead and import all the bookmarks from IE by default. It's not a big issue but just slightly annoying when I started Edge only to wonder where are my favorites.

3. The shut down menu is now much easier to access, just press Start and go to Power like so:

attachment.php

Much better than Win 8 which required some special right swiping motion and hoping you got the shut down menu.

4. The Start programs menu automatically alphabetizes the programs, which is a good idea in theory but at least for me sometimes it's not obvious where your app is. For example, I was wanting to start Word and you would think it's under "W" for word right? Well, I go to W and nothing is there:

attachment.php

But instead Word is under "M" for microsoft like so:

attachment.php

5. The notifications area is better in that it isn't so intrusive. I had issues when playing full-screen videogames and I'd get a popup from an app. Now with the new notifications section I don't get intrusive popups and it even leaves the notifications waiting for you and you can click on it later.

So far I like it just from the fact I don't have to deal with Windows 8 anymore and downgrading to Windows 7 isn't an option anymore. If it were up to me I'd rather keep Windows 7, it was stable and had a good interface. But oh well, Windows 10 is a better option.

Attachments

• WhereIsWord.png
    WhereIsWord.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ThereIsWord.png
    ThereIsWord.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Power.png
    Power.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 47
I got a part of that seems I got bit of both

A Nilhilist,

Run Command
What do you mean you can't Start/run from Keyboard? I use shortcut key Windowskey+R, this will execute run command. Not sure if that what you mean?

Edge Favorites
I couldn't remember if mine was automatically imported all my Favorite or I may have click "Hub" (located upper right next to Shard icon with 3 little bars) Then I click "Import favorites" and you will find which two browsers you want to import from, IE or Chrome.

About Starting Word
I use two ways, my fav one is use magnifying glass (Search) and I just type in "Word", it will popped up at the very top with two choices: Wordpad and Word 2013. That is one way or create charm (shortcut icon) at the very top of my start menu. All of those icons are my most frequent uses... you will find two pics above (few posts up) with one group I use the most.

Overall, it's very good and very flexible, touch feature is the best part. IMO..

well my window10 icon went from right to left first it said i did not qualify for 10 but tried downloading it anyhow and my icons just the same although i got some under google box..it really do seem i got bit of both 10 and 7..all my saved passwords have gone

Back