William Shatner Feels 'Awful' He's Unable To Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral

Well Thats ok,,If you're unable to attend send the family flowers that they know you remember him.

You send fruit baskets or food to Jewish families , we got no flowers when my dad dies . We got a lot of food b/c we sat Shiva for seven days , my mom did . People brought her all kind of food. I went to work , I was told to take off as the 7 days if I wanted to. Mom did not have cook any food is she did not feel like it .

Personally, if I died and my friends were doing something to help others who have a chance to live, I'd be completely fine with them skipping my funeral. A funeral is just ONE way to honor someone who has passed on. Shatner and Nimoy had known each other for decades and friendships like that operate differently. When my grandmother died, her best friend for over 50 years lived very far away. She did not attend the funeral because she wanted to remember my grandmother the way she was when they were young...everyone understood her decision

gene Roddenberry ashes flown out to space no one at his ashes ceremony.Nimroy been very ill for long time I expect Nimroy would been aware of Shatners time tables

Not only i felt he should have pass on that charity event.New Yorkers feel that way too

nimoy2n-4-web.jpg

We, and apparently the newspaper above that looks more like a tabloid..., can be armchair psychologists all we want and say he's wrong but the only people that it will MATTER to are SHATNER and NIMOY. It isn't any of our business what Shatner does but because it's "show biz" somehow it becomes our business.

I never thought that highly of Shatner for other reasons but I respect his choice and decision as logistically he was not able to go. Interestingly I've not seen George Takei say anything about this (I follow his page on FB).

! HO wim

Not only i felt he should have pass on that charity event.New Yorkers feel that way too

nimoy2n-4-web.jpg

The only Jerks here is the newspapers , this is so immature of the newspaper to print that headline. I would not even buy that newspaper.

I personally get offended by tabloids in general. I remember not too long ago when I saw one with Robin Williams face on the cover. It broke my heart, not just for him, but his dear family. Dead or alive, let the people rest. I understand that once one becomes "famous" they basically forfeit their right to privacy, but that's no reason for people to publish hurtful assumptions or lies.

As long as William Shatner isn't out hurting anyone, what he does in his free time is none of my business. Besides I've done a lifetime of questionable things.

nimoy2n-4-web.jpg
The newspapers doesn't speak for New Yorkers. The newspapers itself tries to make money no matter what New Yorkers think.

he jewish and I believe the head stone laying in six months time is the memorial in jewish religion but maybe wrong wdys is jewish she will know.
shatner won't be only hollywood star not there they will go to memorial.
I watch documentary about star trek nimroy interviewed I would not say they best of buddies and he disliked Rosenberry

Interesting that you say he disliked Roddenberry, there's always more to these real dramas behind the tv program

he jewish and I believe the head stone laying in six months time is the memorial in jewish religion but maybe wrong wdys is jewish she will know.
shatner won't be only hollywood star not there they will go to memorial.
I watch documentary about star trek nimroy interviewed I would not say they best of buddies and he disliked Rosenberry
The unveiling of the headstone for Jewish faith is one year. Happened to remember as a good friend of mine is jewish and I remember our conversations about her mother passing and the ceremony a year later.

I went to unveiling stone memorial but when the old guy died we all had take box biscuits to widow and daughter who had to sit on wooden planks and cry.
I guess the stone memorial is celebration of life of loved one and year is appropriate
Shatner would had good advice and seem shame he getting all this flak

Just because their movie characters were BFFs doesn't mean they had to be joined at the hip in real life, too. It would have been nice if Shatner could attend the service but it certainly wasn't any kind of a slight against Nimoy if he couldn't. People need to give it a rest.

The true test of friendship will be months and years down the road when all the "friends" at the funeral either keep in touch or drift away from the widow.

William Shatner sent out a series of Tweets on Saturday expressing his grief over the loss of one his "dearest friends," Leonard Nimoy.

Sadly, due to a prior commitment that poses a scheduling conflict, Shatner is unable to attend Nimoy's funeral on Sunday.

"I am currently in FL as I agreed to appear at the Red Cross Ball tonight. Leonard's funeral is tomorrow. I can't make it back in time," he explained, adding in another Tweet, "I feel really awful. Here I am doing charity work and one of my dearest friends is being buried."

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/william-shatner-feels-awful-hes-unable-attend-leonard-194211168.html

So,You rather make money than attend your friends funeral? :roll:

Its in the script-

“Don’t grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh . . .” Kirk finishes for him, “The needs of the few.” Spock replies, “Or the one.”

load of nit picking' Shatner brought red cross high profile as Spok would say logical thinking no emotion and go forth and prosper

Just because their movie characters were BFFs doesn't mean they had to be joined at the hip in real life, too. It would have been nice if Shatner could attend the service but it certainly wasn't any kind of a slight against Nimoy if he couldn't. People need to give it a rest.

The true test of friendship will be months and years down the road when all the "friends" at the funeral either keep in touch or drift away from the widow.

I agree with Reb here. Let him rest

I agree , with you , some people really need to get a life and realize the two men had their own separate lives . William was feeling bad about not being able to be at his friend funeral and tweeted this to his fans b/c he thought
they would be supported not attack him. Some fans these people turned out to be.

I have had to miss funerals before now not that I felt inspired having to go to them.these two men walked different paths after star trek they were not bosom pals

Its in the script-

“Don’t grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh . . .” Kirk finishes for him, “The needs of the few.” Spock replies, “Or the one.”

Is it bad that I REALLY REALLY want to quote (and cite) this in my midterm tomorrow when discussing Utilitarianism

Back