Will our SSI will be cut off ?

The thing a lot of people tend to forget, is once the money that is taxed is taken from their paycheck, that money is no longer theirs. So Saying it's your money going to pay off someone else. It's not yours anymore. It's the governments property.

The government jobs is kind of like a parent, we are kind of like the government's kids. The government tries to ensure everyone gets the same chances as others. But it's role is complicated by those people who supposed to be following the rules. When people don't follow the rules, things are unequal and it's up to the government to try again to make it equal. It's no easy task!

The government is kind of like a computer system administrator for our society, and it's supposed to be neutral in how it handles all the operations of our society for us as a people. Because we vote on what our government does, for the most part, everything the government does is nothing more than a big compromise between each of our multiple view points.

Sorry about the long winded post, but I felt it needed to pointed out.

I saw a talk show once in which they were discussing something, I don't remember what. I remember the show beause an audience member stood up and said about something, "Why should WE pay for it? Let the government pay for it!" The audience cheered in agreement.
Huh??? We are the government and it is our money.

We VOTE on what we want the government to do.

It's kind of like shareholder in corporations. The problem is, sometimes the majority can overrule a minority during voting. That's where compromises are supposed to be useful, but often are not used.

Plus, if that majority doesn't act through voting, the problems are exacerbated and become something akin to an ant trying to control a elephants movements for the minority of people who ARE active.

I think that is why several people are upset now a days, is because our system of government is being neglected by an apathetic society! That is why the government is not responsive to the general public's needs. If the government is to do anything other than move on autopilot, then the majority needs to be giving it proper instructions. It's not the governments fault if it's not being properly directed by it's voters!

We VOTE on what we want the government to do.

It's kind of like shareholder in corporations. The problem is, sometimes the majority can overrule a minority during voting. That's where compromises are supposed to be useful, but often are not used.

Plus, if that majority doesn't act through voting, the problems are exacerbated and become something akin to an ant trying to control a elephants movements for the minority of people who ARE active.

I think that is why several people are upset now a days, is because our system of government is being neglected by an apathetic society! That is why the government is not responsive to the general public's needs. If the government is to do anything other than move on autopilot, then the majority needs to be giving it proper instructions. It's not the governments fault if it's not being properly directed by it's voters!

Uh huh. But it is still our money.

Alright, Let me ask you this then, are the gifts you gave to others this Christmas still yours?

Because the money you gave the government is pretty much the same, the difference is that you have some say (by voting) on where it goes as it's dispersed to others, unlike merely giving it to the Salvation Army instead and they decide without your input.

So far, SSI isn't being cut off. They increased the SSI from $674 to $698 effective Jan 2012 adjusted to cost of living increase.

Alright, Let me ask you this then, are the gifts you gave to others this Christmas still yours?

Because the money you gave the government is pretty much the same, the difference is that you have some say (by voting) on where it goes as it's dispersed to others, unlike merely giving it to the Salvation Army instead and they decide without your input.

You are comparing apples with oranges. If I gave someone a gift, expecting it to be used for my benefit, then yes, it is still my gift. Taxes are like that.

So.....why have a child if you cant afford one? Why should I pay a person free money from my hard earned check cause they can't afford daycare? Why is it my responsibility to take care of you and your children? When I say "I" I mean all working taxpayers, when I say "you" I mean all the thankless people in the country who can't take responsibility for there own life and EXPECT other people to take care of them. Enough is enough!

Wouldnt be so bad for us if at aleast those on SSI, Welfare etc would volunteer to their community or says thanks instead of "expecting" us to give you money because your "deserve" it? Remember-its NOT the governments money, it's taxpayers money. The ones who get out of bed and go to work.

If you are on these programs and give back, or volunteer for your community, then, as a taxpayer I dont mind making the payments and I thank you :) For the rest-Volunteer today, doesnt have to be anything special and it can be according to your abilities :)

in case you didn't know, the welfare programs are designed to help people to get back on track so they can start becoming productive citizens to contribute back to society. Welfare program isn't certainly a luxury. It's just barely enough for you to get your life together.

Your view has already been proven a failure to growing a functional society. It's comical to think welfare program is an easy free ride to living a lazy comfortable life. sure some people have scammed it but a majority of people on welfare program would love to be independent from it because welfare lifestyle sucks and this drives them to be successful.

And guess what? quite a ton of children of poor parents in welfare programs have actually turned out to be a very productive citizen who contributed a lot more than you. Their names are Ben Carson... Oprah Winfrey... James Brown... Dwight Eisenhower... for example.

in case you don't understand - how exactly would people in welfare program volunteer? the reason why they're in welfare program is because they're broke. many people work two shifts or a very long shift for a meager pay. does it make sense to make them volunteer if they're broke, tired, and hungry? that sounds like slavery to me.

wouldn't you like it knowing that you would be taken care of if something happened to you such as you lost your job and can't find another job or have a job that doesn't pay enough to feed your family? or you got severely injured that you can't work?

lol that sounds like Indian giver

in case you didn't know, the welfare programs are designed to help people to get back on track so they can start becoming productive citizens to contribute back to society. Welfare program isn't certainly a luxury. It's just barely enough for you to get your life together.

Your view has already been proven a failure to growing a functional society. It's comical to think welfare program is an easy free ride to living a lazy comfortable life. sure some people have scammed it but a majority of people on welfare program would love to be independent from it because welfare lifestyle sucks and this drives them to be successful.

And guess what? quite a ton of children of poor parents in welfare programs have actually turned out to be a very productive citizen who contributed a lot more than you. Their names are Ben Carson... Oprah Winfrey... James Brown... Dwight Eisenhower... for example.

in case you don't understand - how exactly would people in welfare program volunteer? the reason why they're in welfare program is because they're broke. many people work two shifts or a very long shift for a meager pay. does it make sense to make them volunteer if they're broke, tired, and hungry? that sounds like slavery to me.

wouldn't you like it knowing that you would be taken care of if something happened to you such as you lost your job and can't find another job or have a job that doesn't pay enough to feed your family? or you got severely injured that you can't work?

Good post.
That is what taxes are for.

Back