Will our SSI will be cut off ?

Some people can't get a job, much less one that pay $500 weekly.

ok thats my argument ok that the unemployment rate is already high people with degrees and phd are even having a hard time getting work most ssi recipents have been on for years some got it as children and never learned a trade or anything they dont stand a chance finding a job their will be hundreds of homless families starving children and sick people it will only hurt this country more these politicians came from a rich family and got everything handed to them yes most americans worked very heard for their money they have a right to keep their money but these babies born with silver spoons in their mouths are taking away the lifes of thousnands millions of people while they eat stake and ride in jets and limos and have not a damn worrie or care in the world

ok thats my argument ok that the unemployment rate is already high people with degrees and phd are even having a hard time getting work most ssi recipents have been on for years some got it as children and never learned a trade or anything they dont stand a chance finding a job their will be hundreds of homless families starving children and sick people it will only hurt this country more these politicians came from a rich family and got everything handed to them yes most americans worked very heard for their money they have a right to keep their money but these babies born with silver spoons in their mouths are taking away the lifes of thousnands millions of people while they eat stake and ride in jets and limos and have not a damn worrie or care in the world

Hearing person? Why are you signing up here just to talk trash?

Well, it is true. But! It will happen if the budget doesn't get passed by the house and senate. So be prepare for that, Lets hope the budget get passed and SSI wouldn't have to be cut off. I know few friends that have SSI will be totally stuck if they get cut off from SSI.

I will look for source to confirm it.

that is tough budget SSI is tough lots of complication!

I know problem issues government policy rule SSI

No that is not the first time the SS office messed up with me , I had to pay back money because SS send me a check from my dad SS # by mistake . I did not as the check was a direct deposit. I am really not able to work any more . I tried to keep on working as health aid but I was not able to lift people any more after a car accident and I was getting real bad headache and seizures after the accident and I did want to drive while I was getting seizures. The accident really messed me up.

Just next time you go to report at SS, bring your small camcorder to record the evidence, so that in case they cannot fuck around with you. I will do it any dare! Too fucking bad SS workers!

there are tooooo many claimants and toooo little claims representatives that is not easy to keep on the track of handling those peoples checks. Remind lots of fraud people sure wastes SSA people time to help for nothing while they did catch many of them and have them jailed. :roll: just taking care of your checks by reporting to SSA and make a copy and date on it for yourself as your backups. If you guys think checks are wrong, go to local SSA and have those checks back without being overpaid or messing up your check arrangement. any concerns about ssa then check The United States Social Security Administration

there are tooooo many claimants and toooo little claims representatives that is not easy to keep on the track of handling those peoples checks. Remind lots of fraud people sure wastes SSA people time to help for nothing while they did catch many of them and have them jailed. :roll: just taking care of your checks by reporting to SSA and make a copy and date on it for yourself as your backups. If you guys think checks are wrong, go to local SSA and have those checks back without being overpaid or messing up your check arrangement. any concerns about ssa then check The United States Social Security Administration

Of course, that is exactly what I told my man that he should have done that in the early 2000s to middle 00s but unfortuately, he never thought of making any copies of paperworks and job paystubs before he gave everything of these to the SS from early 2000s to mid 00s at every time he reported to SS each different job he had worked.

SSA needs a overhaul INCLUDING the SS caseworkers, period. It's too corrupt and they make way too many mistakes.

SSA needs a overhaul INCLUDING the SS caseworkers, period. It's too corrupt and they make way too many mistakes.

If you dislike how SSA do it then dont apply there. It's people who keeps tricking and avoiding without submitting the accurate information that causes some messy to clean up for the accurate information in the system. staff shortages in SSA is doing their best to make sure with huge of information in system

If you dislike how SSA do it then dont apply there. It's people who keeps tricking and avoiding without submitting the accurate information that causes some messy to clean up for the accurate information in the system. staff shortages in SSA is doing their best to make sure with huge of information in system

Sorry, I disagree with you.

Sorry, I disagree with you.

thats fine. how strange people complains how SSA is and they are drawing their benefits (ssi only) that are FREE. I dont blame them if they objects about retirement or disability benefit but ssi, then they should be grateful to have ssi for free.

they cant live without ssi. I dont mind if ssi cut off and keep retirement and disability benefit that would make sense because they pay taxes then they can draw a benefit. oh well. who knows.

They eat stakes? Dang, no wonder there are so many vampires running around like they own the place. :squint:

Wow, that's got to be the longest sentence ever on this forum! :shock:

This whole point may be mute tomorrow. it all depends on the senate and SSA needs to starting sending checks starting tommarrow through the week. If the senate delay or deliberate in talking.. its gonna be a looooong month for many retired,disabled,etc americans.

Just like the 7/11 day- its the starting point of economy issues. this month will be the starting point of whats to come.... moment we start losing things we have taken for granted for years in USA.

person say it will be cut of next week

Time for you all to get a job! I am profoundly deaf, have tinitus, vertigo, unable to concentrate and sleep at night but I work 45-70 hours a friggin week. I'm on call 24x7 and have to use a bed shaker tied to my blackberry to answer pages. Whats your excuse?

Of course I know there are situations that make a person completely unable to work-like laziness or self pitifull me, really though-there are some situations that make a person unable to work so dont flame me :). I do know that there are employers out there who discriminate against the disabled even though its against the law. So, I know it can be much more challanging for us than even those who have no experience or too much experience.

This is to the last poster. Do not forget though that not all disabilities are able to be seen. Just because a person is deaf, does not mean that that is their only disability. There may be other reasons why they cannot work on top of being deaf. Before you flame me, I do not collect SSI, I actually collect my mother's SS checks. I also go to school, am currently enrolled to earn my BA.

While that sounds nice but there are some single parents who cant afford to get a job because of skyrocketing daycare costs. Daycare for an infant normally costs around $1,000 a month. Why work a job that cant pay for daycare?

So.....why have a child if you cant afford one? Why should I pay a person free money from my hard earned check cause they can't afford daycare? Why is it my responsibility to take care of you and your children? When I say "I" I mean all working taxpayers, when I say "you" I mean all the thankless people in the country who can't take responsibility for there own life and EXPECT other people to take care of them. Enough is enough!

Wouldnt be so bad for us if at aleast those on SSI, Welfare etc would volunteer to their community or says thanks instead of "expecting" us to give you money because your "deserve" it? Remember-its NOT the governments money, it's taxpayers money. The ones who get out of bed and go to work.

If you are on these programs and give back, or volunteer for your community, then, as a taxpayer I dont mind making the payments and I thank you :) For the rest-Volunteer today, doesnt have to be anything special and it can be according to your abilities :)

The thing a lot of people tend to forget, is once the money that is taxed is taken from their paycheck, that money is no longer theirs. So Saying it's your money going to pay off someone else. It's not yours anymore. It's the governments property.

The government jobs is kind of like a parent, we are kind of like the government's kids. The government tries to ensure everyone gets the same chances as others. But it's role is complicated by those people who supposed to be following the rules. When people don't follow the rules, things are unequal and it's up to the government to try again to make it equal. It's no easy task!

The government is kind of like a computer system administrator for our society, and it's supposed to be neutral in how it handles all the operations of our society for us as a people. Because we vote on what our government does, for the most part, everything the government does is nothing more than a big compromise between each of our multiple view points.

Sorry about the long winded post, but I felt it needed to pointed out.

Back