Will our SSI will be cut off ?

SSI CUT? and for DEAF?

Well ...

I went to SSA couple month ago... SSI isn't a disability.... it just plain 'resource' need

SSDI/SSA is a disability that who worked into such as unexpect layoff and hard to find job that who already work than 5 years quality. SSI isn't suit and more for lazy...

SSI is good suit for college student but part time will earn than what SSI earn

My dad got me on his SS and I collects SS off dad SS for years . I got a job when I got older and reported it SS office, I was told to bring in my check stubs after working for a couple of weeks. I when the SS office and show a guy my check stubs of how much money I would be making a month.
The next month I got my SS check and thought great , I can work and still get my checks as I reported my income. I got a letter a year later saying I owned SS money as I NEVER reported I was working! This was a not true. I was told I owned $22,000 and would not get any money until this was paid off! It turn the guy I saw was a Bastard and NEVER filed that I reported my job! I had to get my state representative to help win my case! I won and did not have pay back one penny! The guy I saw no longer worked at the SS office, he was gone and I was not able to go after him for not filing my job.
This is why I do not dare to work again, I do not trust the SS office to not fuck me over again!

Oh yes, SSA always messed up in big time after you get a job or quit the job, depends on cases and it did happened to me before.

I got overpayment in last year but waived because it isn't my fault due telephone call issue at SSA.

Just give you an advice, when before you quit the job so please ask your boss if you have any of vacation pay before go to SSA. I quited the job in last Jan but got fat checks in month later because I found it was vacation pay and bonus so I felt like OMG and got overpayment.

Well ...

SSDI/SSA is a disability that who worked into such as unexpect layoff and hard to find job that who already work than 5 years quality. SSI isn't suit and more for lazy...

I heard one deaf person from Michigan. She said Judge said 8 years quality now for SSDI. no more 5 years quality (old rule).

I heard one deaf person from Michigan. She said Judge said 8 years quality now for SSDI. no more 5 years quality (old rule).

Someone told me about 10 years so my guess is depends on how much income are you make annually.

While that sounds nice but there are some single parents who cant afford to get a job because of skyrocketing daycare costs. Daycare for an infant normally costs around $1,000 a month. Why work a job that cant pay for daycare?

OMG! this is true!!! I just wish there was a resource that makes it easy for deaf/hoh to find each other by city and help each other out. Almost all my freinds are next town over or so by 40 mins or more and its too expensive to drive to get kids babysitted if I were to return to workforce.

My dad got me on his SS and I collects SS off dad SS for years . I got a job when I got older and reported it SS office, I was told to bring in my check stubs after working for a couple of weeks. I when the SS office and show a guy my check stubs of how much money I would be making a month.
The next month I got my SS check and thought great , I can work and still get my checks as I reported my income. I got a letter a year later saying I owned SS money as I NEVER reported I was working! This was a not true. I was told I owned $22,000 and would not get any money until this was paid off! It turn the guy I saw was a Bastard and NEVER filed that I reported my job! I had to get my state representative to help win my case! I won and did not have pay back one penny! The guy I saw no longer worked at the SS office, he was gone and I was not able to go after him for not filing my job.
This is why I do not dare to work again, I do not trust the SS office to not fuck me over again!
Because of one bad apple you have let that change your life dramatically? Wow.... I don't know what to say.

Because of one bad apple you have let that change your life dramatically? Wow.... I don't know what to say.

No that is not the first time the SS office messed up with me , I had to pay back money because SS send me a check from my dad SS # by mistake . I did not as the check was a direct deposit. I am really not able to work any more . I tried to keep on working as health aid but I was not able to lift people any more after a car accident and I was getting real bad headache and seizures after the accident and I did want to drive while I was getting seizures. The accident really messed me up.

Everyone, you better know an important news about SSI and our SSI won't be increase next year as in 2011 as expect for bad economy.

person say it will be cut of next week

Long story short. This is bull. Unless you can come up with a credible source to back up your claim, consider the statement false.

I suspect that your friend is the one who's having HER SSI benefits cut, but, as for a blanket cessation of benefits, it's not happening.

Well ...

I went to SSA couple month ago... SSI isn't a disability.... it just plain 'resource' need

SSI is good suit for college student but part time will earn than what SSI earn

No, I believe if college student have SSI, it will push them from not look for intern or high-level, it become more difficult to find job. Look at my buddy! OMG, she fuck up. She is much smart than me and yet... jobless after finish college!

So, I'm saying that college student should have job while go college. It help them being desperate for better paid and move to high level.

No, I believe if college student have SSI, it will push them from not look for intern or high-level, it become more difficult to find job. Look at my buddy! OMG, she fuck up. She is much smart than me and yet... jobless after finish college!

So, I'm saying that college student should have job while go college. It help them being desperate for better paid and move to high level.

Not always, it could be many factors.

One of my good friend who was JSU student and lived on SSI so graduated and already got high paying job.

It is varies by people to people.

Not always, it could be many factors.

One of my good friend who was JSU student and lived on SSI so graduated and already got high paying job.

It is varies by people to people.

+1 I used SSI/SSDI for four years, then I got a professional job (after I paid off overpayment of SSI). I don't need SSI anymore.

Well, it is true. But! It will happen if the budget doesn't get passed by the house and senate. So be prepare for that, Lets hope the budget get passed and SSI wouldn't have to be cut off. I know few friends that have SSI will be totally stuck if they get cut off from SSI.

I will look for source to confirm it.

Back