Will our SSI will be cut off ?

I had been heard about cut the SSI since 2003 but never happened.

I'm not going believe in BS.

Well, PFH is the one who told me about the one-time 652K.....

Well, PFH is the one who told me about the one-time 652K.....

Oh ok, I wasn't call BS at PFH but just on some people who started rumor about SSI is going cut off or not.

The best way to protect yourselves is actually to get a job... Making $500 a week is better than $600 a month.

information from the horses mouth

If you didn't hear about ssi cuts on CNN then it ain't true. Our federal government gets it's news from CNN .

The best way to protect yourselves is actually to get a job... Making $500 a week is better than $600 a month.

Not always.

I'm full-time college student and have to limit the job to part-time that making at minimum wage, that's closer same pay as full SSI does.

FYI, I don't have full SSI too, just half amount.

If you didn't hear about ssi cuts on CNN then it ain't true. Our federal government gets it's news from CNN .

Yup, that's true and I don't care about rumor crap.

I doubt that SSI will get cut off in anytime.

get in line

Before you were born I went to NTID and got ssi. The amount won't matter since the cost of living is so different now. It was soooo easy to do it back then. Nearly all the deaf who went to NTID at that time got ssi. The sign up for it took maybe 5 minutes and you got your $$ within weeks. Most of my money was spent on beer and pizza. VR paid for everything else. It did help my parents though since there was still a tribe of kids back home needing $$

Not always.

I'm full-time college student and have to limit the job to part-time that making at minimum wage, that's closer same pay as full SSI does.

FYI, I don't have full SSI too, just half amount.

Half amount of ssi? Thats a puny $337 a month... You can make much more than that delivering pizzas on weekends.

My hubby works for the federal govt....they dont get their news from CNN.

It's true the government gets the news from CNN?

.........interesting.

No, not just only for CNN, some media news does when there is event or change in government spending, such as Medicare cut.

Half amount of ssi? Thats a puny $337 a month... You can make much more than that delivering pizzas on weekends.

It is $380 for now but will going back to $450 in next year.

I don't have much living expenses so that's enough for me, however, without SSI so I only get support from my family to cover on expenses.

I don't need job for now and rather to focus on school and research.

No, i don't hear anything about it. If SSI cut off then people in USA will go crazy. :shock:

While that sounds nice but there are some single parents who cant afford to get a job because of skyrocketing daycare costs. Daycare for an infant normally costs around $1,000 a month. Why work a job that cant pay for daycare?

While that sounds nice but there are some single parents who cant afford to get a job because of skyrocketing daycare costs. Daycare for an infant normally costs around $1,000 a month. Why work a job that cant pay for daycare?

True. Some factors if you work and still cant get health insurance so stick with SSI and get a better health insurance. that is a stick situation.

Some people can't get a job, much less one that pay $500 weekly.

I would be afraid to work again , if I not able to keep my job , I may not be able to get back SSI! I do not trust the government , they could refuse to let back on SSI by saying I am not handicap any more! I would had worked longer if a stupid teenager boy did not jump a red light and TBoned my car.
I had so head pain I was not able to work .

I got a letter from social security that my benefits will be continuing. The letter was to give me the new amount after my Medicare kicked in and also acknowledging the change of banks for the direct deposit. Not stopping for me. Now, my daughter SSDI was cut off after a time period due to her supposedly getting better.

Are you going to appeal the decision regarding SSDI being cut off for your daughter?

Back