why so many deaf single men?

genepool?! LOL there's another term you fail to understand - social classes. It occurs regardless of 'genepool' that you speak of So ever wonder why ugly people gets it? it because they have other means = money or education (with money)... stop being a ass

In my terms, Grummer, it isn't about social classes. It's about character amd the sums that make up it: strength, integrity, honor, chivalry, and more. Each individual is a part of a certain place and their character is measured. The worst the person is, the more likely that person is in the rejected genepool. My words: genepool = specific types of character.

Your past statements have further eroded your integrity and why would a girl want to date you if she knew you were angry, bitter? What if she knew you ticked off a lot of women here on AllDeaf.com or in real life? Women are highly likely to steer clear of guys like that because abusive relationships happen.

I have one question: are you just ranting on here because you want to be heard? You want to be loved? Accepted? Respected? By all means you can have all of those but your vibe that's being sent through your writings are obviously not helping.

I take it that you're not Deaf but a 100% HOH, go to ALL-HOH instead...

Dont worry Deaftim, she hasnt meet real men, only pussy asslicker pansy types LOL...
let her go with the fruitboy LMAO

Real chicks Digs Bad boys! not metromorons

:giggle:

And more women are deciding not have kids. Women are more independent today, they have a job their own car and home, they do not need a man to take care of them. They will have date but do not want to be ties down. I bet is not only deaf men that are single.

Wow, you made a lot of sense. I never thought of it. Very good post.

I saw a fine looking young lady(blonde head) at walmart,today. I wanted to lick her up and down. Know what I mean? She had very sexy tan thick legs,shorts right up her bubbly butt. She wasnt married and was shopping school supplies. I think a lot of ladies do not want to get pregnant just b/c they want to look good at all times. I've been told this before, I know it is true,women are downright selfish.

Oh, most definitely. My two younger kids' dad is deaf in one ear but that is different than being Deaf. To me. He was Deaf when it was convenient and deaf when it wasn't, if that makes sense?

Yep. Better known as playing the deaf card. Something that the Deaf don't do.

I'd date you, Grum. I enjoy the indepth conversations we have regarding sociological concepts. I even enjoy it when we disagree, because we make each other think. I value that in a man. Too many people base a relationship on superficial criteria.

Interesting, DeafTim.

To sum it up, you think most deaf people are not intelligent enough to carry a cerebrally stimulating conversation? Not even pass off a good sense of humor? Or help make a girl relax, feel comfortable with things that she knows she can talk about?

To be honest, I think your assessment of intelligence is highly inaccurate. You're saying that most deaf people are naturally buffoons, inept at social conversations. While that may be true while they're children but as they grow up, they can develop such a clever, devious intelligence worthy of noting. Peering into their real brain does not matter, what matters is that you know the person.

Just tonight, I conversed with TONS of hearing girls. I hung out with another deaf man, an elderly person (formerly my client), and kicked it off with other girls who were working. I even made a girl at a register feel welcome, another special just because of a hi, and three waitresses who enjoyed our jokes. I may not be able to hit it off with them tonight or have them stalking me on Facebook trying to get me to add them so we can date RIGHT AWAYYYY! *sigh* I'm in loveee! Okay, not this way... In a fantasy reality, maybe; but life is not that way.

Dating is not something you kick, run over, or make right away. It takes months, years even, to get girls to feel comfortable, special, and in a way receptive to a man asking her out and immediately saying yes. Asking a girl out on the first day you know her is not only downright too fast, but it is creepy, bothersome, and she doesn't know you well enough.

Girls want to be friends first if possible. Granted, some girls will WANT to be more than just friends RIIIIGHT AWAY but they may not end up being the right match for you. Some will bark, some will not. Then again, just because a girl barks doesn't mean she does. She may be doing that because she thinks 1) you're ignoring her, 2) pissing her off, 3) really angry and venting, or 4) may be doing something that may help save your life or something and 5) whatever she'd be doing that I am not aware of...

DeafTim, I think the issue of a grown deaf man acting like a child is not the problem with dating and single deaf men. The problem is understanding the concept of Friends First, Boyfriend/Girlfriend Second! I have had a hard time too but I am learning as I go realizing that having more female friends and no girlfriend in sight is better than pursuing a girlfriend and no friends who are girls. The more friends who are girls, the more likely you are to get a girlfriend. Zero friends who are girls, zero chance.

Annnnddddd....

This is true. Learn it, live it, and appreciate the beauty of having many girls who are your friends. It's better this way. I love having more friends who are girls and I just know it's worth it. Instead of trying to be sexually desperate, trying to stick yourself in them, think of them as human beings first.

DeafTim, no wonder you're getting so frustrated and pissing off the majority of girls on AllDeaf.com. Maybe the problem's not them, it's you? Check the mirror and you might find it.

Gee, I'm in! Let me act like this and see if I can find a woman that's not quite as desperate as to get an a**hole like me in bed with her. Actually, I'm not that type of guy. Those types of relationships do not last, dude. It either ends up badly, worse, or to a bitter end. Because of these relationships, these girls end up either distrusting guys completely, copping out or becoming truly gay, and more.

If you really want a real, awesome, sweet, kind, caring, loving girl, she doesn't typically need a guy like that. She needs a strong, confident, hardworking, financially stable, and emotionally/mentally stable guy. No girl would want to date a wacko, creep, psycho, bum, you get the picture.

You really need a lot of work before meeting any girl who's decent, smart enough NOT to date any jaded, angry, frustrated, pissed off guy.

Not cool, Grummer. Not cool. Not only does your statement make you look bad, you could be looking at being single here on AllDeaf.com. Ever wonder if newcomers, who are girls, signing up and checking out your statement? Just remember that women network well enough that they'd pass off any reputation of anyone to any of their gal friends.

Cool off, come back, then present an argument that's coherent and not full of anger. You may have made a point or two but writing it in anger... That's something girls can pick up: the intuitive sense. Something we men can't compete with.

All in all, very interesting.

You patronizing attitude of telling the Deaf what is cool and what isn't, how they should respond and how they shouldn't respond is insulting. You are not nearly as sophisticated and learned as you seem to think you are.:cool2:

Your choice, Derek.

What Katz4Life was trying to say is that committed relationships never were games. Dating is a process that you go through. It's a building foundation of what the both of you like, dislike, understand, don't understand, etc. It's the bridge that brings you two together.

If you're seriously contemplating a committed relationship with a girlfriend, it's better not to think of it as a game and level up up to Godlike status so that your girl will kneel, fawn over you, and worship you as her sex god. Granted, you may not have thought of this but I was giving a picture that does sound negative in an educational sense.

A committed relationship are never games. War games may be for boys and that's fine when you're in the military having to conduct those types of engagements to become familiar with military protocols, etc., but a committed relationship? Come on... The reason why girls do not like men is because of the games men play! Granted, dating may ensure light banter, witty repartee, or flirtation to a point and it's great. Girls love that. They love a guy who can listen, remark on what they talked about earlier, and notice the small things that girls may not have thought of but love to be noticed about. For instance, telling a girl, "Hey! Nice boobs! You got the perfect size!" is going to get you a hard smack, a disgusted look, or a scream "PERVERT!" in the middle of a mall. You need to not look at the most obvious body parts and start looking to what she has on her person. For instance, if you have never seen her carry a nice piece of bracelet and she recently bought it, why not ask her, "Hey! That's a nice bracelet you got there... I recall that you didn't have a bracelet before; did you buy it?" That can get her attention. Some things she wants to be noticed, some other things she doesn't. Not all women think the same, want to be noticed for the same things; you have to stand out from the crowd!

Mind games are a big major no-no. You can't toy with a girl and lie to her. Some men do this on a regular basis. Serial cheaters use this type of game to keep a girl "in line" when in fact she'll find out one way or another. Abusers also use this type of game too, most especially to keep a committed relationship under his iron fist. There was a news article a few years ago about a man who kept abusing his wife for years. She became so heavily dependent on him. One day, he came home drunk and started abusing her. She ended up bleeding and left for dead in the middle of the snow. Neighbors came around and finally paramedics took her to the hospital. She barely survived. She actually said to the police that she loved him, she refused to press charges against him. And this was going on for YEARS of her life and neighbors couldn't help her because the husband was aggressive, very much knowledgeable about laws and trespassing, etc. This type of mind game is so powerful it'd chill any good man and any sensible woman. Take a look at an article about UK sex slaves and how powerful it is for a man to coerce a girl to go with him, even when she's in high school: Sex trafficking in the UK: one woman's horrific story of kidnap, rape, beatings and prostitution | UK news | The Observer

Derek, we're living in an age where sexual/physical abuse, trafficking, rapes, murders are occurring at a faster rate. The reason why more men are becoming more distrusted is not because of good men but because of past relationships with men they didn't trust, men who bought off sex slaves for services, abused their wives and had an infamous renown among other neighbors. The more it occurs, the more it frightens girls and women to want to trust men. It would be reasonable to accept why women are putting off men more, are asking that men be friends with them first, and that their distrust has to be understood from their point of view, not yours!

You need to understand that committed relationships TAKE TIME! You can't ask a girl to hurry up, bend over backwards, and accept you. For all she knows, you could be a man knocking on her door, kidnapping her and selling her to a strange nation for money; a rapist who masks himself as a worker: Sue Weaver’s Story | Sue Weaver C.A.U.S.E. , a pedophile who preys on single women with children: Annie: Sexual predators often prey on single mothers to get closer to children | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal , and more. Are you now understanding why women want committed relationships? A emotionally/financially stable guy with no dark secrets, skeletons in his closet?

Women have the right to say no! No means no! Period. Just because no girl would talk to you because they're rude doesn't mean it that way. Either she's not into you, playing hard to get with the words "Try again some other time", or just looking to see if you're masculine enough to make her want you more in her mind "Is this guy worth it?" Anyway, you need to start stepping up your part of the plate by trying to find a honest way to connect. Not a cheap shot with a pickup line, a flirty or dirty imagery that'll tick her off, or some creepy smile. Girls love men who are honest and if you're honest, they'll definitely hang out with you more and the more they get to know you more, the more 'husband material' you'll be for them.

I hope you understand why women want a committed relationship, not mind games. Dating is not a game but a process in which two parties go through together getting to know one another and eventually when love strikes, a relationship can blossom. It takes months, years to get to where you want to be and marriage may not be so far off your horizon.

Understand from their point of view. Not yours.

Dude, how many years did it take you to become that judgemental and condescending?

You can't speak for the Deaf, and you certainly can't speak for women.

I am posting what I believe what I see, Grummer. If you believe that I was posting to be cute, try to attract all the girls here on AllDeaf.com, I'm sorry you think this way. I wasn't. I wrote out of my heart what I believed, not what I wanted them to hear.

If the girls suss me out for being a bullshitter, Grummer; perhaps they haven't decided yet who I really am yet. If they do suss me out, that's their choice and decision. I have no anger, bitterness, or malice to lash out, start making crazy statements like you do from time to time. Actually, I prefer that girls make up their own mind. If I'm a bullshitter to them, kudos. If I'm not, kudos.

You know, from what you wrote about those girls that are not up to your standards? That's pretty lame. You're putting girls in specific classifications that you're EITHER chasing the Holy Grail of all Women, a mythic Unicorn (which only exist for those who deserve it), or just someone you just want in your life without honorable needs or intentions.

Like I said, you need to make friends first with all girls. Those three girls you just listed? The one that wasn't attractive, the other that was okay, the one that was hot but doesn't know anything? I'd take them all and become their friends first. All the more to them to know who I am and the more for me to know who they are and treat them like human beings. Your VERY OWN WORDS are actually sounding like you treat them a part of cattles that you split, align, and put into their pastures.

Let me ask you a question. Even if they aren't compatible, haven't you tried to be their friend? Possibly give them the benefits of the doubt? Take one out on a date? You'll never know what works, what doesn't UNTIL you take the risk!

Above all, Grummer, I think I can peg you for the type who have a lot of deep wounding issues to resolve. You probably have looked back at the past and wished for what it was, that it'll never be. Your anger, bitterness, your disregard for respect for women on this forum clearly indicates rebellion and you definitely are on a destructive roll that you literally don't care.

If anything, my mom told me that anger is fear. I didn't realize it until she told me. I was like, "Ooh! So that's why I kept having those problems! That's why I was angry." I started examining my past, reflected on what I did, and realized that I had fear in my life. There are people who are afraid of the unknown and negative emotions can often cause fear.

You're afraid of letting go your anger. You're afraid of finding the one person in your life that if you do not find her in all of the women in this world, how can your life be the way you wanted?

Am I getting warmer? Be honest. Do not deny. I may not know who you are but your behaviorism shows signs of rebellion, anger, fear, all the classic signs of those who have really seriously deep issues in this life. Rebecca figured you out already long before you hit fruit boy, metromoron, the glass is full, etc. More will figure you out as you go along.

As for being and acting intolerant, there's a BIG BIG difference. Being intolerant is like being inconsiderate. So is acting intolerant. In order to be perceived as nice, kind, compassionate, caring, drop the intolerant act. You need to walk the walk, talk the talk before others notice! Otherwise you're just one fluke.

So... even if I said it's up to those girls who decide who I am: a bullshitter or not. Know what that makes me? A person who doesn't care about what other people think because it matters what I wrote from my heart, I know how to write from it. My opinion here is only floating on the internet, out of the billionths of opinions that already are. We are individuals with beliefs, troubles, and more and not one opinion, not even mine, can force anyone to change. Everyone has the right to either dismiss, accept, or re-evaluate then critique my opinion. That's what we call debating.

You really need to leave the analyzing to someone qualified to do it. You obviously aren't. No one here asked for your Deaf Abby advice on how to get and keep a girlfriend. The fact that you think you should offer what has not even been asked for speaks volumes regarding your over inflated ego.

:giggle:

Wow, you made a lot of sense. I never thought of it. Very good post.

I saw a fine looking young lady(blonde head) at walmart,today. I wanted to lick her up and down. Know what I mean? She had very sexy tan thick legs,shorts right up her bubbly butt. She wasnt married and was shopping school supplies. I think a lot of ladies do not want to get pregnant just b/c they want to look good at all times. I've been told this before, I know it is true,women are downright selfish.

yep they can be very selfish, blame it on the "I am" generation and all that "you make your own value" feel-good-therapy that was the rage back in the 1990's and its side effects on society is now showing...

Personally, I think having babies is a big responsiblity. I think a lot of women would give pause because they would have to think about the cost both emotional and finacial) of raising children. While I can't speak up for other women, that is what I'd be thinking. It has nothing to do with my looks.

If looks is the only reason why some women don't want to have babies, I think something is seriously wrong with them.

... How come?

Hard to put into words what I mean but I'll try. The Deaf are constantly told we are not good enough to do this or that. Not capable of doing this or that. I chose to *not* believe that and prefer to have a man in my life who holds the same values. The few Deaf men that I have met seem *SO* down about life and our challenges. Constantly need reassurance of some kind. I understand it but that doesn't mean I accept it. I hope that make sense?

Personally, I think having babies is a big responsiblity. I think a lot of women would give pause because they would have to think about the cost both emotional and finacial) of raising children. While I can't speak up for other women, that is what I'd be thinking. It has nothing to do with my looks.

If looks is the only reason why some women don't want to have babies, I think something is seriously wrong with them.

Not just only reason but it is one of them. A lot of women refuse getting knocked up at the moment. maybe in future they decide to have kids.

Women taunt men with their bodies,ya know. tsk,tsk,tsk,

Jillio,go get him. :giggle: he very,very,very annoying.

Hard to put into words what I mean but I'll try. The Deaf are constantly told we (who are we?) are not good enough to do this or that. Not capable of doing this or that. I chose to *not* believe that and prefer to have a man in my life who holds the same values. The few Deaf men that I have met seem *SO* down about life (who is someone's life? Those few Deaf men's lives?) and our challenges. Constantly need reassurance of some kind. I understand it but that doesn't mean I accept it. I hope that make sense?

I understand what you said. What you explained to me, that is not an oppression, which means "good" reasons are not valid. You said, few Deaf men who seemed to be down about life and challenges, that means they don't have good experiences to have a real relationship or something. That would be more make sense if they actually try to oppress Deaf women but they don't get what they want for their lusty sexual pleasure. That may result a few horrible relationships. Not why they are "oppressed", just because of (presumably) their hard lives and challenges (what are challenges they deal with?). It is so impossible.

All oppressions are never, never good reasons why they oppressed by the attitudes of superiority. Hence my very own quote in my signature, see below. I still fail to see why you made a such claim. Still, I do agree with you that no one should try to control/oppress any partner or any spouse, no matter gender is.

But, I puzzled that you claimed the Deaf, I (be noted, you represented me as the whole Deaf community) told they (who?) and you are not good enough to do this (this what?) or that (and, that what?). Really? I mean, really, you think the Deaf community told you that? By whom? Only few men? Sorry, I don't believe you. I don't tell you that you're not good enough to do whatever this is or whatever that is. I do not tell you are not capable of doing "this" or that". You clearly don't speak for your and our Deaf community. So, why are you try to represent us, as the Deaf, that is based on your only few personal experiences?

I meet a plenty of good Deaf men in Oregon and the West in USA. Of course, they're not so prefect; nobody is prefect, but they're not like that. Well, sure, there are only some to few are "bad apples" in some local cities. I so am sorry that you have few bad experiences with whoever Deaf men are and with (presumably) a few groups of the Deaf (not the whole Deaf community). But, I don't agree with the represent that what you made a such comment.

That isn't what I meant.

I am not always good with English sentences so forgive my word use.

When I say 'they' in my post above I am likely referring to hearies.

As to the Deaf men that I have met, and, no, I haven't met a lot, they seem oppressed to me. Like they (Deaf men) have a chip on the shoulder. Pity party all the time. Not confident regardless of being Deaf and, instead, feel like being Deaf holds them down but won't do anything about it. So, they let deafness oppress them.

I have not noticed that here which has been very encouraging to me.

That isn't what I meant.

I am not always good with English sentences so forgive my word use.

When I say 'they' in my post above I am likely referring to hearies.

Ah, I see.

As to the Deaf men that I have met, and, no, I haven't met a lot, they seem oppressed to me. Like they (Deaf men) have a chip on the shoulder. Pity party all the time. Not confident regardless of being Deaf and, instead, feel like being Deaf holds them down but won't do anything about it. So, they let deafness oppress them.

Deafness oppressed them? I respectfully disagree, but I'll let you what you want to think.

I have not noticed that here which has been very encouraging to me.

Huh?

I understand what "oppressed" mean. But, no, I said "huh" to your comment: "I have not noticed that here which has been very encouraging to me."

What do you mean by that?

Just that the men here do not seem like the men I've met. They seem far more confident and self assured than has been my experience. It's encouraging to see that.

This HOH guy told me that he only dates hearing women because it compensates for him not hearing. I was tempted to ask, "How's that working out for you ?" but I bit my tounge. Not a well-adjusted guy and the ladies steer clear of him.

Back