why so many deaf single men?

:ugh: you include me, huh? fuck you. My man is not like that in any word you claimed to be.

relax,goodness

Why? It is more challange for deaf guys to find a date with a woman. A woman love intelligence conversations and a lot of deaf guys arent capable doing that. A woman do not want to talk to a deaf grown man like a child. :lol: Major turn-off to them.

I look at it this way, I dont ever have to listen to women bark. :giggle:

I was single for a very long time!! I didn't have date for high school prom nor home coming dances. I was sad!! I was single and hated myself. I hated my self in 20s. Then when I was 31, I got a long term 2 year relationship with a 37 years old woman who was hard of hearing. She knew ASL and voice very well. I was happy to experience a long term relationship, but it ended because she pushed me hard to get married. I wasn't done with dating game. You know how it feels to not have date for a long time. You just want to experience the dating game.

Now, I have a hearing girlfriend. The jury is out there for us to have a relationship. I hope it works out. I need all the luck.

I was wondering why so many deaf single men, who can't find any ladies yet at time, average between 18 and 40 age. I feel sorry for deaf single men who had deeply and lonely I had seen, once I met a lot of deaf single men when it is social event or at Gallaudet. Ever not likely deaf women, cuz many of them are taken, how comes? I need to understand how and why...

I cannot speak for anyone else but I like a confident man. The majority of Deaf men that I have meet are not. Many seem oppressed likely for good reason. Not all of them but most of them.

not easy relationship and honest tough! I know many time men deaf and hearing lol

I know the chip on my shoulder and festering resentment towards women in general gets me laid all the time. I don't know what it is, but women always seem to go for a guy who's insecure, immature, jaded and hates himself.

Uhm, not, never! :laugh2: You must be thinking of desperate women.

I cannot speak for anyone else but I like a confident man. The majority of Deaf men that I have meet are not. Many seem oppressed likely for good reason. Not all of them but most of them.

how dare you say that. You have shown yourself to be very judgemental and even worse, ignorant of what is actually oppression. You can Not say what is oppression to your likings, it is a social fact irrespective of your flawed perception. and indeed, you are probably be more oppressed than you'd ever realise, the only difference is that you ENJOY the oppression merely because you 'fit' the 'norm'.
shm

relax,goodness

Why? It is more challange for deaf guys to find a date with a woman. A woman love intelligence conversations and a lot of deaf guys arent capable doing that. A woman do not want to talk to a deaf grown man like a child. :lol: Major turn-off to them.

Uh, really? In real life, I've met many Deaf intelligent gentlemen that are great conversationalists. Ryan Commerson is one of them and the Deaf creator of iDeafnews.

I was single for a very long time!! I didn't have date for high school prom nor home coming dances. I was sad!! I was single and hated myself. I hated my self in 20s. Then when I was 31, I got a long term 2 year relationship with a 37 years old woman who was hard of hearing. She knew ASL and voice very well. I was happy to experience a long term relationship, but it ended because she pushed me hard to get married. I wasn't done with dating game. You know how it feels to not have date for a long time. You just want to experience the dating game.

Now, I have a hearing girlfriend. The jury is out there for us to have a relationship. I hope it works out. I need all the luck.

So committed relationship is like a playing game? WHoa....*smh* If I were your "ex-gf" You would receive a lot of harsh face smacks from me.

Like banjo mentioned so true. Just enjoy the life without looking for someone else is the best way instead of looking for someone else with no enjoyable in life.

how dare you say that. You have shown yourself to be very judgemental and even worse, ignorant of what is actually oppression. You can Not say what is oppression to your likings, it is a social fact irrespective of your flawed perception. and indeed, you are probably be more oppressed than you'd ever realise, the only difference is that you ENJOY the oppression merely because you 'fit' the 'norm'.
shm

Did I also mention that some are easily angered and quick to temper?:giggle:

Strange how you say that I am judgmental, when I clearly said I cannot speak for others, and yet you turn around and judge me when you do not even know a thing about me.

*MY* experience with Deaf men, that I have actually met, not faceless people online, is that they are not confident and seem oppressed (by their deafness). It has not been my experience *here* and that has been encouraging to me. But thanks for judging me. :roll:

I'm gonna suggest that you haven't met the right Deaf men. Probably those stuck inbetween deaf and Deaf.

pre-emptive strike wasn't it? you used it on purpose to clear your conscious.

i dont have to 'know you' your comment was clear enough , end of story

put your own words back to you: Many seem oppressed likely for good reason.
- why do you think there's a 'good reason' to be oppressed? listen to yourself..

I'm gonna suggest that you haven't met the right Deaf men. Probably those stuck inbetween deaf and Deaf.

Oh, most definitely. My two younger kids' dad is deaf in one ear but that is different than being Deaf. To me. He was Deaf when it was convenient and deaf when it wasn't, if that makes sense?

pre-emptive strike wasn't it? you used it on purpose to clear your conscious.

i dont have to 'know you' your comment was clear enough , end of story

put your own words back to you: Many seem oppressed likely for good reason.
- why do you think there's a 'good reason' to be oppressed? listen to yourself..

I knew there was a reason I put you on ignore after being here less than a month. :roll: You're *so* bitter and angry. :shock:

As for your question I'm not going to bother. You won't get it.

relax,goodness

Interesting, DeafTim.

To sum it up, you think most deaf people are not intelligent enough to carry a cerebrally stimulating conversation? Not even pass off a good sense of humor? Or help make a girl relax, feel comfortable with things that she knows she can talk about?

To be honest, I think your assessment of intelligence is highly inaccurate. You're saying that most deaf people are naturally buffoons, inept at social conversations. While that may be true while they're children but as they grow up, they can develop such a clever, devious intelligence worthy of noting. Peering into their real brain does not matter, what matters is that you know the person.

Just tonight, I conversed with TONS of hearing girls. I hung out with another deaf man, an elderly person (formerly my client), and kicked it off with other girls who were working. I even made a girl at a register feel welcome, another special just because of a hi, and three waitresses who enjoyed our jokes. I may not be able to hit it off with them tonight or have them stalking me on Facebook trying to get me to add them so we can date RIGHT AWAYYYY! *sigh* I'm in loveee! Okay, not this way... In a fantasy reality, maybe; but life is not that way.

Dating is not something you kick, run over, or make right away. It takes months, years even, to get girls to feel comfortable, special, and in a way receptive to a man asking her out and immediately saying yes. Asking a girl out on the first day you know her is not only downright too fast, but it is creepy, bothersome, and she doesn't know you well enough.

Girls want to be friends first if possible. Granted, some girls will WANT to be more than just friends RIIIIGHT AWAY but they may not end up being the right match for you. Some will bark, some will not. Then again, just because a girl barks doesn't mean she does. She may be doing that because she thinks 1) you're ignoring her, 2) pissing her off, 3) really angry and venting, or 4) may be doing something that may help save your life or something and 5) whatever she'd be doing that I am not aware of...

DeafTim, I think the issue of a grown deaf man acting like a child is not the problem with dating and single deaf men. The problem is understanding the concept of Friends First, Boyfriend/Girlfriend Second! I have had a hard time too but I am learning as I go realizing that having more female friends and no girlfriend in sight is better than pursuing a girlfriend and no friends who are girls. The more friends who are girls, the more likely you are to get a girlfriend. Zero friends who are girls, zero chance.

Annnnddddd....

Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Trying so hard to find a life partner is probably the problem. Don't try, it'll happen right in front of you one day.

This is true. Learn it, live it, and appreciate the beauty of having many girls who are your friends. It's better this way. I love having more friends who are girls and I just know it's worth it. Instead of trying to be sexually desperate, trying to stick yourself in them, think of them as human beings first.

DeafTim, no wonder you're getting so frustrated and pissing off the majority of girls on AllDeaf.com. Maybe the problem's not them, it's you? Check the mirror and you might find it.

Originally Posted by Kaliphornia View Post
I know the chip on my shoulder and festering resentment towards women in general gets me laid all the time. I don't know what it is, but women always seem to go for a guy who's insecure, immature, jaded and hates himself.

Gee, I'm in! Let me act like this and see if I can find a woman that's not quite as desperate as to get an a**hole like me in bed with her. Actually, I'm not that type of guy. Those types of relationships do not last, dude. It either ends up badly, worse, or to a bitter end. Because of these relationships, these girls end up either distrusting guys completely, copping out or becoming truly gay, and more.

If you really want a real, awesome, sweet, kind, caring, loving girl, she doesn't typically need a guy like that. She needs a strong, confident, hardworking, financially stable, and emotionally/mentally stable guy. No girl would want to date a wacko, creep, psycho, bum, you get the picture.

You really need a lot of work before meeting any girl who's decent, smart enough NOT to date any jaded, angry, frustrated, pissed off guy.

Not cool, Grummer. Not cool. Not only does your statement make you look bad, you could be looking at being single here on AllDeaf.com. Ever wonder if newcomers, who are girls, signing up and checking out your statement? Just remember that women network well enough that they'd pass off any reputation of anyone to any of their gal friends.

Cool off, come back, then present an argument that's coherent and not full of anger. You may have made a point or two but writing it in anger... That's something girls can pick up: the intuitive sense. Something we men can't compete with.

All in all, very interesting.

Not cool, Grummer. Not cool. Not only does your statement make you look bad, you could be looking at being single here on AllDeaf.com. Ever wonder if newcomers, who are girls, signing up and checking out your statement? Just remember that women network well enough that they'd pass off any reputation of anyone to any of their gal friends.

Cool off, come back, then present an argument that's coherent and not full of anger. You may have made a point or two but writing it in anger... That's something girls can pick up: the intuitive sense. Something we men can't compete with.

All in all, very interesting.

whatever
she's still wrong to say that

Girls want to be friends first if possible. Granted, some girls will WANT to be more than just friends RIIIIGHT AWAY but they may not end up being the right match for you. Some will bark, some will not. Then again, just because a girl barks doesn't mean she does. She may be doing that because she thinks 1) you're ignoring her, 2) pissing her off, 3) really angry and venting, or 4) may be doing something that may help save your life or something and 5) whatever she'd be doing that I am not aware of...

<< or just a bitch

just because you 'dated' her doesnt mean you can't say she's a bitch...(but often time they will say it once fucked, gave baby and started milking $$ out of you then cancel your visiting rights...in other words way way too late...

Back