why so many deaf single men?

yizuman: I disagree. There is a big difference between looking beyond someone's flaws and not being attracted to them. You cannot have a relationship with someone whom you are not attracted to just because they seem to be a good person. I've been there, done that and it will not work. You must be attracted to someone to have a romantic relationship or it will eventually fail.

Now, that does not mean the person has to look like a Hollywood movie star(although it would help). However, it does mean that the person should take care of themselves, not only because of attraction, but also because they owe it to their partner.

Settling for someone does neither that person nor yourself any good, it's just deception, no matter how noble.

\/\/\/ After re-reading his post: I do not believe his point was beyond that. His focus is on "ugly" or "Hollywood Minded", both extremes, yes, but it is still about attraction, IMO.

Last edited:
yizuman: I disagree. There is a big difference between looking beyond someone's flaws and not being attracted to them. You cannot have a relationship with someone whom you are not attracted to just because they seem to be a good person. I've been there, done that and it will not work. You must be attracted to someone to have a romantic relationship or it will eventually fail.

Now, that does not mean the person has to look like a Hollywood movie star(although it would help). However, it does mean that the person should take care of themselves, not only because of attraction, but also because they owe it to their partner.

Settling for someone does neither that person nor yourself any good, it's just deception, no matter how noble.

I don't think Yizuman or anyone wants a person to settle for someone if they are not attracted to them. His point was beyond that.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

If you stay with someone a long time, both of you will change (and hopefully grow). If you feel that way, better not to make a commitment.

*shrugs* The animal kingdom are designed to produce the best off springs they can. This includes attraction.

I don't know. i was very pleasantly surprised to learn from men that they don't always prefer the model type they see in magazines. Some guys like short and chubby, some like tall and thin, some like women with big bums, some like women with peasant legs (like me), some like women with small boobs, some like tomboy types, others like very feminine princess-y types, in short, they tend to just like women, period.

I had a conversation about this with a large group of friends this summer. there was a short blonde woman who was wonderfully voluptuous. She walked into the bar and immediately caught my attention. I told her I wished I had her va-va-voom curves and her viking heroine thighs and she said "really? I think I'm fat, I wish I had your body" and suddenly all the guys at the table told her she was crazy for thinking like that and that they agreed with me that what she perceived as fat, they saw as delicious curves.

A woman who is confident and feels good about herself is much more sexy than a :hmm:supermodel who isn't happy and lives to please the camera. Where's the soul?

The way I look at it from a logical point of view, which is a more reliable source of information, the inside or the outside of a person?

Yiz

Women are quicker to accept a man's personal flaws then men are. Most women in comparison to guys are deeper then men. It is a shame, but hey what can you do? It works out in a way because if that particular person is extremely picky you realize that the person really is not only shallow, but probably lacking other important attributes, i.e, non sympathetic, kind, etc.

I realized that people aren't always satisfied with what they have. Curly hair girls want straight, straight wants curly, curvy wants to be thinner, and vice versa. There are a few people that are content with what they are working with, and that makes them golden.

Just curious abt the bolded part... is there any scientific research backing this up or just some personal opinion? As a male, I'm required to defend our gender. :lol:

Just curious abt the bolded part... is there any scientific research backing this up or just some personal opinion? As a male, I'm required to defend our gender. :lol:

Doesn't take science to see that women are more accepting of a mans faults then a man is. I explained that. That is what I meant by deeper.

*shrugs* The animal kingdom are designed to produce the best off springs they can. This includes attraction.

You and your animal analogies.. Anywho, if we stuck by those rules, then it would be mainly the men puffing out their chest, and trying to impress the women. It somehow changed in the human world.

Doesn't take science to see that women are more accepting of a mans faults then a man is. I explained that. That is what I meant by deeper.

Wasn't asking for an explanation of what you meant. Wanted to know how you came to that conclusion. All you had to say is "Personal Opinion"

Its implied that responses without a link or quote from another site are of ones personal opinion, no need to say "personal opinion" each time.

Its implied that responses without a link or quote from another site are of ones personal opinion, no need to say "personal opinion" each time.

Not each time, just whenever someone asks you. :ty: Nothing wrong with asking for clarification. Don't want misread some implications.

I'll leave the assumptions to you.

The way I look at it from a logical point of view, which is a more reliable source of information, the inside or the outside of a person?

Yiz

Suppose two people, both with the equal and perfect amount of "inside' that you want. One is a looker and is very attractive to you, and the other is not. Who do you go for?

You and your animal analogies.. Anywho, if we stuck by those rules, then it would be mainly the men puffing out their chest, and trying to impress the women. It somehow changed in the human world.

They still do in subtle ways. I'll keep all the secrets to the exclusive men's club. ;)

Is the main difference between "humankind" Vs animals is our thinking ability?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

That isn't what I meant.

I am not always good with English sentences so forgive my word use.

When I say 'they' in my post above I am likely referring to hearies.

As to the Deaf men that I have met, and, no, I haven't met a lot, they seem oppressed to me. Like they (Deaf men) have a chip on the shoulder. Pity party all the time. Not confident regardless of being Deaf and, instead, feel like being Deaf holds them down but won't do anything about it. So, they let deafness oppress them.

I have not noticed that here which has been very encouraging to me.

thats because a lot of deaf/hoh men are oppressed by discrimination.

thats because a lot of deaf/hoh men are oppressed by discrimination.

yes, but just get laid and then raid the fridge...for buds.. fuck thats all i do now
mean with lion red or whatever left from last week...

Wirelessly posted (droid)

True. It's tough to get to that place when a whole industry exists to fix what is allegedly wrong with you. I buy my share of "beauty products."

...i need cock extenders...:lol:

Back