Why is it so important to get marry and procreate?

that feeling goes away when you hold one in your arms.... and then start moving mountains ...

Nah not for me. Also, I'm gay but thanks.

Same with pets - I'll never get a pet either for the same reason.

Remember, I'm just like my aunt - she's married but doesn't have any kids at all.

It is not important to get married and procreate.

It IS important to get married if you plan to procreate.

It IS important to love, and be loved, and feel loved.

No, it isn't important to get married just to procreate. You can have kids without getting married. My foster mom did that, she went to a sperm bank and got artificially inseminated. She had two kids. I plan to have kids without getting married because I'm gay and I don't want to get married, EVER.

No, it isn't important to get married just to procreate. You can have kids without getting married. My foster mom did that, she went to a sperm bank and got artificially inseminated. She had two kids. I plan to have kids without getting married because I'm gay and I don't want to get married, EVER.

You can have gay marriage if you are interested. :D

Not necessarily, Tousi...all depends upon attitude....even finding Love and a changed way of thinking....Many people get married much later these days....Just as I encourage my boys, to wait at least until they are 30.

Why 30 yo?

I am not trying to slam anyone,,, I myself plan still to marry and a child would be very welcome. I can say though that I am not convinced it is such a favor to the child to be brought into life on planet earth. :hmm:

Our opinions will never match on this subject. I consider the welfare of my child to be paramount to anything in my life. Choosing to be single is a choice that is beneficial to you, but I doubt it will be the best option for a child. Single mothers often struggle. Children need a stable home. Being single, while remaining a free agent, is not the way most people will choose.

Being different is what seems to matter most to you. Good luck with that. Most people that choose that route end up complaining because nobody understands them. I figure that is the goal of being different, correct?

Why 30 yo?

Why?....The maturity level is one reason...and I'd like to see my boys just having fun before looking or finding the "right" girl...knowing her for a few years...Giving them some time too, to save a little $$....There were so many marriages in my family at a very young age...and so many divorses and children to be supported....

Whether my boys listen or not, is up to them....all parents can do is hope they make the right choices.

Why should we procreate?

So we can pass on our genetic mutations to the next generation so evolution can continue. ;)

(yes, I'm joking)

You can have gay marriage if you are interested. :D

No. I don't want to end up in an abusive gay marriage and not be able to get out of it. I have had abusive relationships in the past and am scarred for life. I'd rather have a life partner, instead. I want to be able to just leave if she ends up being abusive.

Our opinions will never match on this subject. I consider the welfare of my child to be paramount to anything in my life. Choosing to be single is a choice that is beneficial to you, but I doubt it will be the best option for a child. Single mothers often struggle. Children need a stable home. Being single, while remaining a free agent, is not the way most people will choose.

Being different is what seems to matter most to you. Good luck with that. Most people that choose that route end up complaining because nobody understands them. I figure that is the goal of being different, correct?

My foster mom's kids had a stable home and life. They are 13 and 19 and doing extremely well. Children can have a stable home and life without a father.

My foster mom's kids had a stable home and life. They are 13 and 19 and doing extremely well. Children can have a stable home and life without a father.
We disagree. I don't doubt you have lots of love to give. I feel it is better for a child to have loving parents that have a stable and lifelong relationship. To have a child, and at the same time declare that you will never enter a lifelong relationship because you expect to have it end, is not a road I wish for a child.

Are you working at a job that pays well? If not, that tells me you expect to be federally compensated for motherhood. Do you think that is beneficial to the child?

If you notice, the first thing I am thinking about here is the child, not you. A child is not some prize you show off to your friends. It is a lifelong commitment that you cannot back out of.

That is all I will say.

We disagree. I don't doubt you have lots of love to give. I feel it is better for a child to have loving parents that have a stable and lifelong relationship. To have a child, and at the same time declare that you will never enter a lifelong relationship because you expect to have it end, is not a road I wish for a child.

Are you working at a job that pays well? If not, that tells me you expect to be federally compensated for motherhood. Do you think that is beneficial to the child?

If you notice, the first thing I am thinking about here is the child, not you. A child is not some prize you show off to your friends. It is a lifelong commitment that you cannot back out of.

That is all I will say.

Well said, SWK....My 3 boys missed out on both parents....

I eliminated the other stuff because I think single parents can do a fine job. Gay ones too. As for THE quoted above...

*standing ovation*

She's point blank said she's going to do what she wants to do... and sadly... I believe her. I'm not going to say that people should be sterilized but I sure can see the logic behind it. I'm sick of paying for other people's children. There is a difference in between having kids then falling on hard times and purposely having children while suckling on the government teat. FYI, I am mostly pro-SSI/SSDI with limitations. I just don't think one should be having babies while doing so.

I eliminated the other stuff because I think single parents can do a fine job. Gay ones too. As for THE quoted above...

*standing ovation*

She's point blank said she's going to do what she wants to do... and sadly... I believe her. I'm not going to say that people should be sterilized but I sure can see the logic behind it. I'm sick of paying for other people's children. There is a difference in between having kids then falling on hard times and purposely having children while suckling on the government teat. FYI, I am mostly pro-SSI/SSDI with limitations. I just don't think one should be having babies while doing so.
Those other factors you left out can be accomplished; it is just a more difficult road. Parenting with a spouse and a decent career is hard enough. I cannot see jumping into it without a spouse to share the experience.

The other thing; she is not set up very well for adoption. Too many red flags there. That leaves finding a "donor" to father the child. I would be loathe to jump into that scenario, because I would expect either: the mother come after me for financial support, or the welfare department looking for child support to help offset their costs. Not much incentive to get onboard there.

Back