Why do people call America FREE when it's not?

Your Australian correspondent is wrong about the deaf living in the lap of luxury. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get even minimum benefits. The tests on the degree of deafness are clearly set out - so you have to be pretty much profoundly deaf to get anything. Then you have to show that you depend on carers to function in the community, which is not easy. Basically you have to demonstrate that you are not safe in public places without help. If you have a supportive family and you communicate using sign language you may not get benefits at all. And at the end of the day, the typical benefit is the Care component of Disablement Allowance low rate (£15.55 a week) or at best the middle rate (£39.35 per week).

Depend on difference £££, the disablity people (not just deaf) receive weekly. Accord my friend who received £65.00 per week that's because she has more than just deaf. It could be that you also get £65.00 per week, too... Minor children received DLA as well. Many deaf received between £20.00 and £65 or more per week.

All what I know from my deaf friends personally that they living easier with that DLA.

Liebling: Sorry I can't reply to your posts just yet.

No problem, take a time... :)

Dreama,

I am asking you a question.. Do you live by own or with your parents?

Dreama,

I am asking you a question.. Do you live by own or with your parents?

Neither. I live with my dog, 6 rats and 3 chinchilla.

My mum died of cancer 2 years ago. I thought I'd already mentioned about this. My dad lives in Newcastle under lyme. I live in Birmingham. He comes to visit every week and sometimes I visit him and stay so I can attend the pottery class with a terp.

Dad was refering to the non means section of the benifit. The other section is dependant on having no Job. I believe you also can get benifits in USA if you are deaf which, unlike Britain, are not available for non disabled people.

As a child mum claimed benifits on my behalf but then it was decided I wasn't deaf enough to claim so my benifits were withdrawn. Even though I had about an 80 db loss at the time.

Thanks to dad working at CAB I get all the money I am entitled to. I am lucky. Some are not so lucky. Some people are not so lucky. You have to subtract the general cost of living before meating interpreter fees and since Terps generally charge 50 pounds or more someone getting only 60 pounds a week won't be able to afford that kind of money so this Idea that deaf are rich in Britian is just plain nonsense.

As for getting legal. You mentioned this in your previous posts but this isn't America you know. I'd just get labeled as a trouble maker so what would be the point of that.

here is a link to the text of the constitution and here is a link to the bill of rights. Please show me where citizens are allow to disobey law enforcement officers without consequences.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

These two ammendments are the basis for the decisions in most of the common law cases concerning "Civil disobedince".

For example:

One day I was walking to town to a bus stop it was early morning. I was walking past the prison and a city police officer saw me walking and choose to stop me.

He asked me for my ID. This led me to ask him for what purpose does he need my ID? He couldn't answer that. He started to try and convince me that I needed to show him my ID. That was when I told him the 4th Ammendment says I do not have to unless he could prove a need.

This discussion went on for about 5 minutes and at no time did I show my my ID. He then told me he could have me arrested.

I told him he sure could but I wouldn't want to be him when the matter was brought to the Judge. That was pretty much the end of it he went his way and I went mine.

The point here is that it was an unreasonable request. There was no crime or investigation that he was pursuing. In short I had no obligation to obey his commands.

No, I only provide in neutral way instead of prove you which countries is best or number one etc... all what I am trying to say is the world is the equal including pros/cons.

Honestly, I would say that Europe countries over disabiltiy rights are better advantage than America.

Just curious but can a deaf person fly a plane there? We can here. May not be important to you but it is to me.

Just curious but can a deaf person fly a plane there? We can here. May not be important to you but it is to me.

:confused:

I :applause: if deaf person can fly a plane...

A few deafies I know can fly... It's their own moivation which is great...

Update about my co-worker.

I posted #94, #103 and #167 about my co-worker...

Official...

She returned to work from sick leave last Monday.

She was here in our office today.

Interesting...

She owned US driving liescne as official duty vehicle, not US private driving liescne... It's illegal for her to drive US private car without own US private driving liecsene... (I personally think it make no sense because US vehicle liescne, no matter either duty or private... Oh well... :roll:)

She must apply for US driving liescne as private person only if she married to US, no matter either she own US offical duty vehicle liescne or not. She MUST own both duty and private liescne...

She went to lawyer to defend against a warning letter, penatly fine and plus sue them for body harm. They agreed to withdraw warning letter and penalty fine against her and ask my co-worker to withdraw her sue against MP for body harm. Just banned US offical vehicle liesnce until end of December... They all agreed with no complication. She will apply for both US private and duty liescne... She have to learn driving... :roll: She is a German and know German vehicle... Oh well... It's understandable if Americans come here in Germany and learn German vehicle... but my co-worker herself is a German and have her own German driving vehicle.

This situation wake many co-workers who marries to US and apply for US liescne for private vehicle when they already own US official duty vehicle leisence.

Back