Why do most deaf residential schools closed every weekend?

Indiana and Kentucky are set on weekly homegoing.

When I was younger at KSD, it used to be bi-weekly. That didn't change until early 90s. My sons attend Indiana SD and they do have certain weekends that are only optional for special events such as homecoming games, Clerc Classic, any kind of tournaments, so and on.

I remember I lived in the dorm. I always go home every on the weekend. The most students went to home every on Fridays and return to dorm every on Sundays. For a holiday and fall season, thanksgiving, Winter break vacation, winter season are always leave to home in the noon. I remember one of my roommate went to MSSD and not go home until 6 weeks. My mom and I moved to Indy to be close to Deaf school. I went to home daily and not live in the dorm during junior years. I lived in the dorm in fall during senior year. I quit live in the dorm in January 2000 until I graduated for good.

Indiana and Kentucky are set on weekly homegoing.

When I was younger at KSD, it used to be bi-weekly. That didn't change until early 90s. My sons attend Indiana SD and they do have certain weekends that are only optional for special events such as homecoming games, Clerc Classic, any kind of tournaments, so and on.

Is your sons go to ISD?

I remember I lived in the dorm. I always go home every on the weekend. The most students went to home every on Fridays and return to dorm every on Sundays. For a holiday and fall season, thanksgiving, Winter break vacation, winter season are always leave to home in the noon. I remember one of my roommate went to MSSD and not go home until 6 weeks. My mom and I moved to Indy to be close to Deaf school. I went to home daily and not live in the dorm during junior years. I lived in the dorm in fall during senior year. I quit live in the dorm in January 2000 until I graduated for good.

When did you start living in the dorms? (what grade?)

St. Rita's has enough of a residential population that over a month homegoing is viable? Wow......

Oh yeah I remember that my friends enrolled to St. Rita School for the Deaf. They always go home every months. I was so lucky to go home every on weekends unlike other State School for the Deaf.

That is cool! What grade they are in now? Will you go to PTCO on May?

Aargh, I want to go to PTCO Day! I was specifically invited by like 3 different people last year but had a scheduling conflict and was unable to go...

(Watch me not be able to go this year. That's how it always works out when I want something.:giggle:)

I may indeed be able to go to PTCO Day! ...Though it's the day after I get back from college for the year, so it's possible no one will want to drive the 45 minutes it takes to get to ISD...

Back