Why deafies have two TV sets in one room??

oakbluffs

Reaction score
In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time.

Do you have two TV sets together in one room?

Very wierd!

In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time.

Do you have two TV sets together in one room?

Very wierd!

No, I don't but this is the perfect solution to many disputes!

In most deaf people's house, they always have...

Stop right there! Where is your evidence that MOST have this, or that they ALWAYS do? Do you really mean - "Most of the deaf people that I know have..."???

I am deaf and many of my friends are deaf and I have never seen that. I have heard of it but never actually seen that at many of my deaf/hoh friends' places.

I would never do that...looks too weird!

I also agree that I have never seen nore heard of this. For one it would too wierd. But you are right - it would solve alot of disputes! :lol:

Some do put 2 TVs in same room..one for TV programs/movies etc and other one for VP only. We did that in our living room but not anymore. It took up too much spaces. So one in each room is enough. :)

It does look weird, I agreed. :squint:

I have seen (and heard) it myself, once. I visited a Deaf family for a social chat. They had two large TV's on in the living room while I visited. It was really hard for me to concentrate on our conversation. The two TV's were on different stations, with loud volume on both. They kept both TV's on the whole time that I visited.

I have seen (and heard) it myself, once. I visited a Deaf family for a social chat. They had two large TV's on in the living room while I visited. It was really hard for me to concentrate on our conversation. The two TV's were on different stations, with loud volume on both. They kept both TV's on the whole time that I visited.

Yea? Interesting! How big were their TVs? Not 52 inches, I presume?

I remember that my old elder friends have two tv. I asked them why they have two tv. They said they never argeee what they want to watch. They decide to have two tv so they wont argue over their favorite shows.

I remember that my old elder friends have two tv. I asked them why they have two tv. They said they never argeee what they want to watch. They decide to have two tv so they wont argue over their favorite shows.

Ahhh....when you explain it like that it makes sense.

:laugh2: We have 3 TVs here in living room. 2 TVs (27" and 13") for 2 roommates to play playstation 2 video games. The main TV is the HDTV for watching movies and antenna in HD. My Dell computer monitor is connected to the VP-200. I think the main reason why many deaf people have 2 TVs side by side is because one for VP while someone watch some movies or cable TV.

I'm guilty of having 2 televisions in a same room. :giggle: Indeed, it helps when there is a dispute.

The only reason I have the 2 television is because I use one for the VideoPhone and the other television for regular channel programs. When I'm not using the VP, I usually hook it up to my DVD player and let the kids watch their favorite animated movies while I watch the other television, and things like that.

It can be a bit weird at first. It was to me too but after a while, I pretty much got used to it and now I like having 2 televisions in the same room.

I have two tvs in the same room but dont have them set next to each other. My other TV is near the computer for VP and the big tv is across the living room for shows.

Just havent seen anyone put two TVs next to each other to watch two different shows. My friends said if there is a dispute btw watching which shows, one person can go watch the TV in the other rooms. My husband would go to our bedroom to watch something else.

we also have 2 TVs in the same general area too -- 1 is for shows/movies and the other is for VP/gaming and no they're not next to eachother :lol:

i find it so much easier that way anyway so 1 can be on VP or gaming while the other TV is still available for use if the other wants to watch a show or a movie

I have to admit I've never heard of a deafie having two TVs in the same room, but based on the posts I've read so far about using one TV for programs, movies or gaming and the other for VP, it makes perfect sense.

On a somewhat related note, I've been asked many times by sighted people if I own a TV given the fact that I'm blind. I have a TV in every room of my apartment: a 32 inch in the living room, a 19 inch in the bedroom, a 5 inch 1983 AM/FM/TV boombox in the kitchen and a 5 inch 1982 AM/FM/TV boombox in the bathroom. (In case you're wondering why I have a TV in the bathroom, I like to listen to TV news programs while I'm getting ready for school in the morning.)

I've only seen one deaf couple in my whole life that has more than one television in one room next to each other. Hmm...

Agreed with several in here - after reading the posts I can understand why there are multiple TVs in the same room. One for TV use and the other for VP/gaming.

I personally would have it set up slightly different - a TV in the living room and a TV in a private office room set up for VP/gaming.

Two TVs in the same room for me is visually distracting, but I guess if I had to I would get used to it over time.

The two that I saw were not for VP. They were for watching two different programs at the same time, with full volume on. This was a few years ago, and no one had VP.

Back