Why deafies have two TV sets in one room??

I have two TV in my room. But one is never in use and it's not even close to my other TV that I was using.

But I would find two TV very distracting, I wonder how those guys managed to watch with two TV so close to each other?

im not really using two tv in same rooms!

but we have each television of own rights so i have tv combo with vcr/dvd and also CC but im wishes i would get another television one days!

im really like my Aunt's tv have HDTV best for me im wishes i would get that one same my Aunt had one!

I have seen (and heard) it myself, once. I visited a Deaf family for a social chat. They had two large TV's on in the living room while I visited. It was really hard for me to concentrate on our conversation. The two TV's were on different stations, with loud volume on both. They kept both TV's on the whole time that I visited.

Isn't that just rude, Reba? I know it would be in my house. Do you think they just didn't realize it?

My parents are hearing and they have a 52 inch TV and an itty bitty TV in a room. There's no walls dividing the room into the kitchen and the living room. You can see the big TV from the kitchen part. My mother likes to watch the itty bitty TV while she's cooking something. The first time I saw it i mistook it for a computer screen. *blush*. :lol:

Technically, you could say it's actually three rooms but from my vantage point it's one big room that is divided into 3 sections.

I got 2 TVs in my living room cuz of football season!!!!!! During off season of football, I dont need use 2 TVs till NCAA March Madness!!!! After NCAA MM done, then I dont need use 2 TVs till any special sports then put 2 TVs on...

wow interesting thread... I never seen in my life that anyone have 2 TV in same room...

I do have 2 TV in each living room. One is living room (winter garden) and one is TV room. (Dinning room is the middle between 2 living rooms).

In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time.

Do you have two TV sets together in one room?

Very wierd!

Yeah, thats weird if two TV sets are sitting together side by side
like that, both on and with the sound on, whoa! very distracting,
alright! It would make me dizzy trying to watch both at same time,
lol! I have seen a very large TVs with a tiny screen on a
corner of TV in case they want to watch a different football game
that happens to be playing at the same time, heh.

I have seen two different TVs in living room especially in deaf families,
not in hearing families, cuz how can the hearing people watch 2 TVs
with SOUND on in the same room? :dunno2:

In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time.

Do you have two TV sets together in one room?

Very wierd!

Did you know? In America, there are more television set than people in house.

I have seen one of my friends have three TVs before. She said it helps three of them to watch their shows on three TVs in living room.

I not have two TVs in living room but I have a TVs in each rooms.

Bedroom (blue and green)
basement
living room

That means I have 4 TVs but will buy flat screen tv install in pink room for DreamDeaf during her surgery in Jan/Feb 2008..

last year, in my dorm room, my roommate and i each brought our own televisions. initially, she brought hers in the beginning of the year, but it was an old model and didn't have closed captioning. so i decided to bring an old one that was stored in the garage that has CC. so we set our televisions side by side, and she watches her tv with sound and then i mute my tv and just watch it with CC. it worked out great! :)

Isn't that just rude, Reba? I know it would be in my house. Do you think they just didn't realize it?
It seemed rude to me, too, but I didn't say anything. They were an adult couple with a teenager, so they were old enough to know better.

I've also visited families that have the kids in the same room with us playing video games on the big screen TV while the grownups are chatting.

If anyone comes to my house (hearing or Deaf), I turn off the TV or radio, I don't answer the phone, and I don't use the computer. My guests get my full attention.

In my early college years. I was crazy over college football and I'd watch the games all day Saturdays and I had 4 tv sets up for it. I'd invite my apt neighbors who'd bring in food ( was poor and hungry back then ) and beer.

Richard

Here at our house we have a TV in the living room, my dads study, and my mom's office. Thats it.

Now when I was younger there was also a TV in my bedroom as well as my brothers bedroom. I am considering purchasing a TV/DVD/VHS combo set for my bedroom for the sake of watching late night TV on weekends when I am able to sleep in until 7:00 or 8:00.

I have never used VP and not really sure how it works, but it sounds interesting.

I do have a large computer monitor but I use it mainly to surf the internet and make vlogs.

Here at our house we have a TV in the living room, my dads study, and my mom's office. Thats it.

Now when I was younger there was also a TV in my bedroom as well as my brothers bedroom. I am considering purchasing a TV/DVD/VHS combo set for my bedroom for the sake of watching late night TV on weekends when I am able to sleep in until 7:00 or 8:00.

I have never used VP and not really sure how it works, but it sounds interesting.

I do have a large computer monitor but I use it mainly to surf the internet and make vlogs.

Do u want me to put your name down in the VP registery so u can get VP or go to Sorenson Communications to register for your VP? U can get it for free if u are deaf or hoh.

With VP, u can contact me or other AD members if they dont mind and practice your ASL skills? Would be cool.

I have a 36inch t.v. and a 13 inch t.v. in my living room but they're 20 feet apart. one for watching t.v. and the other is for vp (which I hardly use my vp) Its just sitting there with full of dust.

Do u want me to put your name down in the VP registery so u can get VP or go to Sorenson Communications to register for your VP? U can get it for free if u are deaf or hoh.

With VP, u can contact me or other AD members if they dont mind and practice your ASL skills? Would be cool.

Sure that would be awesome, but what are the exact requirements for getting it set up? I will look on your link and get an idea of it. I would love to chat with some ADers on VP as well as gain some much needed ASL skills.

:ty:

Sure that would be awesome, but what are the exact requirements for getting it set up? I will look on your link and get an idea of it. I would love to chat with some ADers on VP as well as gain some much needed ASL skills.

:ty:

U need high speed Internet and an extra TV or computer monitor.

Shel I just looked at it and its pretty damn easy looks like.

is there a way I can have cable hooked up to the TV as well as the VP??

Also we might be getting IPTV where everything, Internet, TV, phone all comes throug the phonelines so we may be getting off cable altogether soon enough. Can I use the VP along with the IPTV??

ah OK you just answered my question.

I may go to wal-fart after I make my SL payment this month and see about getting a TV to use the VP on in the bedroom. Plus its incentive to keep it clean, :lol:

Back