Why Can't We Be Like the Dutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jingoism is alive and well in France.

France is the odd egg. They always have been, it's just how it is. However, they do live pretty well there with all the vacation time and healthcare they receive there. My family tree traces back to France.

I recall a friend of mine saying he was going to Amsterdam...when I quizzed him about it...he said "all the Pot I want to smoke."....Legally.....Am wondering about the Lung Cancer over there?

Marijuana is a lot less carcinogenic than tobacco (and less - actually non - addictive). Nowadays, they're coming up with ways to get at the THC without the smoke.

France is the odd egg. They always have been, it's just how it is. However, they do live pretty well there with all the vacation time and healthcare they receive there. My family tree traces back to France.

The French government has much more of a healthy fear of The People than the U.S. government does. It's all backward here.

We a new Revolution, all of us fed up American citizens need to take DC by storm. Do it so fast the guard couldn't respond in time. Heck, that's how the French Revolution was won. A bunch of women stormed the Chateau and drove the royal family out.

Well, for starters, prostitution and naturally derived drugs are legal (pot, mushrooms, hash, etc). So that could explain why their prisons aren't stuffed with nonviolent offenders, but you'd think this would create problems in their society? Well, we'd be wrong on that. Holland has much lower incidents of drug addiction, STD's, teenage pregnancy, infidelity, divorce, etc.--basically any argument you can throw at why these things should be banned goes out the window in Holland.

Pot is not legal in Holland....it's tolerated and even with that they are cracking down.

Pot is not legal in Holland....it's tolerated and even with that they are cracking down.

actually it is legal. it's just illegal for stores to sell it to foreigners.

TXGolfer is right - cannabis is a controlled substance but cops tend to have a soft policy towards it, meaning harmless pot smokers are not persecuted usually, especially if they had five grams or less. it's almost the same policy here in Montreal. Cops turn a blind eye as long as you're not obvious about it and they're not going to waste their time arresting every day citizens for smoking a joint, be it a hippie or a banker. They rather spend their time, money and resources going after the Hell's Angels who dominate the drug trade in Quebec.

Meh, everyone here has the internet.....they can check for themselves. No need to quibble. :)

perhaps you're misunderstanding the scope of law regarding marijuana. it's legal for cafes to sell some muffins w/ cannabis inside and they're licensed to do so.

TXGolfer is right - cannabis is a controlled substance but cops tend to have a soft policy towards it, meaning harmless pot smokers are not persecuted usually, especially if they had five grams or less. it's almost the same policy here in Montreal. Cops turn a blind eye as long as you're not obvious about it and they're not going to waste their time arresting every day citizens for smoking a joint, be it a hippie or a banker. They rather spend their time, money and resources going after the Hell's Angels who dominate the drug trade in Quebec.

Yeah the Documentary I saw last month the cops said they tolerate it as long as it wasn't in the open. And even then it's pretty much just a citation as long as it is under 5 grams

one thing i like about the french , they tell the arabs to dress properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back