Why are you deaf?

i THINK i AM hoh BECAUSE gOD HATES ME FOR SOME REASON AND CURED ME WITH THIS AWFUL DISABILITY

You might like how god designed you - I sure dislike how he disigned me! this is a HEARING WORLD!!!!!

You might like how god designed you - I sure dislike how he disigned me! this is a HEARING WORLD!!!!!

God did not make you lost your hearing. No, God love you no matter what disability you have. This is not your fault nor your parents's faults. God did not punish you and your parents. It just happen that way. It is nature and that is something you have to adapt to getting use your hearing loss and accept it. Be immerse in your journey and just learn to sign with ASL. God did not design us. Geeze. :roll:

When did you lose your hearing? :hmm:

If you say this is hearing world, then what about other disabilities like blindness, Down syndrome, handicapped (wheelchair bounds) and other defects? We are not in the perfect world. What do you expect? :roll:

I love being Deaf (meaning that I am deaf and can sign ASL). I would rather be immerse into Deaf Culture and the Deaf community especially Deaf events. Being with Deaf people is my whole life and I enjoy it very much. So stop complaining about God being punished us. Not true. You have to face reality. :cool:

It is not a hearing world....it is our world too. We all share this world.

Up to you to live as a miserable person trying to be someone you cant or adapt and enjoy life. We only have one life to live.

that's exactly why he designed you that way. keep on hating yourself and you'll never understand God's intention.

After years and years of people asking me why I was deaf or "what happened?"....*sigh*....I just replied several times that I had that terrible ear infection.....and change the subject....

Now that I'm older, people just assume it comes with age...so I don't have to deal with the question much anymore...*thank goodness!*
No shit? Now that you are old, people stop asking that stupid question. I think that's funny. :laugh2: "You lost your hearing, oh, because you are old", even though that's not a fact. Nobody asked me anything like that in my lifetime. Does that mean that they don't care about me? :lol:

No shit? Now that you are old, people stop asking that stupid question. I think that's funny. :laugh2: "You lost your hearing, oh, because you are old", even though that's not a fact. Nobody asked me anything like that in my lifetime. Does that mean that they don't care about me? :lol:

So many hearing people...when they get older..... lose some of their hearing....and people do assume it's because they're geting old....and yeah, when I was "younger"...asked so many times..."what happened?"...*sigh*...

I dunno if people don't care about ya, CrazyPaul...

Were you born deaf, did you have glue ear, did you hit your head in an accident like Dr. Irving Jordan did, etc.. what exactly made you deaf?

Heredity + industrial machinery.

It's possible they never ask you because typical hearing people always ask other hearing people if they're with that deaf person and start asking questions.

I lost my hearing because I played my music too loudly. lmao At least that's what my mom tells me. lol Gotta love her.

I was born profoundly deaf because I have a cochlear malformation (Mondini Syndrom). That's life ;-)

I was born hard-of-hearing. 60% deaf in both ears. I'm nerve deaf; my eardrums are fine. Don't know why it happened - it just did.

I lost about 70 % in each ear when I was 2 and a half, due to the mumps. I remember sitting on my mother's lap while she read a book, and I could hear her.

I'm hard of hearing. I have Turner Syndrome, which caused my ears to be shaped abnormally. That caused chronic ear disease and tons of drainage and ear infections. The infections destroyed the bones in my ear and my eardrum.

My entire life I have had severe chronic Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, always destroying my eardrums (i've had several eardrum grafts), eroding my ear bones and resulting in mixed hearing loss. I was also born premature but it is unknown whether or not it is linked.

I had many severe head injuries from domestic violence as a young child, one of them landing me in hospital for weeks because something tore and the fluid around my brain leaked out my nose. They say my hearing loss is from that although there is probably a genetic component as my brother's loss is very similar but much milder and he never was hit and grew up with the other parent.

Chronic ear infections as a child in my right ear caused a moderate to severe hear long loss. Then when I was 18 I had a cholesteatoma that went undiagnosed for many many years and destroyed the bones on my left ear. I'm deaf in the left ear.

Back