Why are guys so "forgetful" and "absent-minded"?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
I dunno if I solved this dilemma or not....but if sleeping on the porch didn't do it, then nothing else will....
My 19 yr. old keeps forgetting his house keys...I woke up to let the dog out early this AM..and there he was, sleeping in a chair. He got a rude awakening from me!.."What the heck/hell are you doing sleeping on the porch?"...

Twice before, he forgot his keys, we were all sleeping, and he had to bang on the front door to get in. So he caught hell from me.....this time, he knew better than to knock or bang!

He's looking pretty "rough" this AM...and before he left last night, I said "don't forget ur key!"..He said, "I've got it, Mom..."...to find his key was still on his dresser. My other 2 boys wear their key around their necks, along with their school ID....it's mandatory with me...but my oldest son is 19, and said he feels like a "jerk" doing this, so he keeps it in his wallet (so he says)...He even forgets his wallet.....

Thats why I am a pro at breaking in houses... Without doing any damage at all. Yup I have even removed a panel of window from a door to gain access and put it back together with no visual evidence of it being taken apart. Cars too.

:) If you think you feel secure, think again.

Hope your friend didn't sleep outside during the snow storm.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

my hub lost his processor after he realizes he did not have it 4 hours later. Wish he told me earlier then i would search for it!

Hope your friend didn't sleep outside during the snow storm.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

He's my son...and no snow in Florida....our days have been beautiful! Was in the 80's today and should be 75 tomorrow....but it does cool down at night....He did say that early in the AM, he woke up to find a stray cat on his lap, scared him to death!

He's my son...and no snow in Florida....our days have been beautiful! Was in the 80's today and should be 75 tomorrow....but it does cool down at night....He did say that early in the AM, he woke up to find a stray cat on his lap, scared him to death!

ROFL!!!!! stray cat is so clever!!!

Ugh, men.

They're so oblivious. I don't know what it is with them. They forget everything from people's names to keys. They even forget that they already asked me the same question 5 minutes before. :shock:

Ugh, men.

They're so oblivious. I don't know what it is with them. They forget everything from people's names to keys. They even forget that they already asked me the same question 5 minutes before. :shock:

It shows that you are too pretty for them that the idiot guys forget your name. :giggle:

Men

Well I applaud your sticking to your guns and letting him sleep outside, geez he is 19. To tell you the truth when I was married I had a theory that married men thought the wife knew immediately where every item they owned was..He would ask me a dozen timed a day " have you seen my.." to which I would respond..."no, but I do know where all my things are I put them back in the same place after i use them, hint" But I also have to say that I had a female friend that everytime a bunch of us would go out and she drove she would lock her keys in the car...I mean sometimes 3 times in the same night. Duh! I do know for sure that men do not forget the things that are really important to them..OH NO! my husband always remembered to send his mom in Florida a Birthday card.. I would ask and sure enough with a big smile he would respond "already did it". and he always knew the time and date of the local Harley drags..:wave:.who knows...Laughing..take the chair of the porch or anything he could sleep on..lol.. see what happens..smile

:lol: Well at least he had someone to protect and care for him! You should adopt the poor cat.

On the contrary, my roommate who is female has lost her keys, wallet, phone, and various other things while I (male) have yet to lose anything. She even put up on the front door "DID YOU REMEMBER YOUR... keys? wallet?" etc and she lost those items AFTER she put that on the door... sad.

I would rather find a stray cat on my lap instead of a stray rat!!
I woke up in my bed once in Boston to find both of my cats fighting over a rat!! I bet you guys heard me yell! LOL!
At least your son did not break a window to get back in the house like my ex husband did!

I am tyring to solve this issue with my hubby who constantly forgets to do things around here.

Son is forever forgetting his wallet when we go out.

My mother tells me that her baby brother forgot his house key once, during a blizzard in Indianapolis when he was a teenager. He was also out later than he was supposed to be and my grandfather, the preacher, locked the house up tight when it was 2 hours past curfew. Uncle tells me he managed to get into the crawl space under the house and found some loose boards and got into the basement. He huddled up with the quilts until morning, then pounded on the basement door since it was locked. He was sick with the flu for days afterward and got a good grounding by my grandfather, but to this day, he has never forgotten his keys or anything again. :giggle:

Well I applaud your sticking to your guns and letting him sleep outside, geez he is 19. To tell you the truth when I was married I had a theory that married men thought the wife knew immediately where every item they owned was..He would ask me a dozen timed a day " have you seen my.." to which I would respond..."no, but I do know where all my things are I put them back in the same place after i use them, hint" But I also have to say that I had a female friend that everytime a bunch of us would go out and she drove she would lock her keys in the car...I mean sometimes 3 times in the same night. Duh! I do know for sure that men do not forget the things that are really important to them..OH NO! my husband always remembered to send his mom in Florida a Birthday card.. I would ask and sure enough with a big smile he would respond "already did it". and he always knew the time and date of the local Harley drags..:wave:.who knows...Laughing..take the chair of the porch or anything he could sleep on..lol.. see what happens..smile

I once could not find my reading glasses and combed the whole home looking for them and I asked my husband if he saw them. He was reading the news paper and had his head buried in it he and said" NO"!. I asked him are sure you didn't see my glasses? I finally when up to my husband , he has not only seen my glasses the fool was wearing! He said no wonder I was having a hard time reading! Our glasses look something alike but mine where smaller!
I could had killed the fool, he should had realize that he was wearing my glasses if they where not strong enough for him! MEN!! GRR!!!

I once could not find my reading glasses and combed the whole home looking for them and I asked my husband if he saw them. He was reading the news paper and had his head buried in it he and said" NO"!. I asked him are sure you didn't see my glasses? I finally when up to my husband , he has not only seen my glasses the fool was wearing! He said no wonder I was having a hard time reading! Our glasses look something alike but mine where smaller!
I could had killed the fool, he should had realize that he was wearing my glasses if they where not strong enough for him! MEN!! GRR!!!

Hahahahah
I've had the good ole search for my sunglasses to find them on top of my head!
Then I had a panic attack once, couldn't find them anywhere!!! Oh yeah, cos I was wearing the blasted things!!

Ahh we all have dumb moments!!! Hahahah

Maybe the men, even young men, are probably having Alzheimer's disease or just plain senile. My husband is going through his trouble with his memory. I think it has to do with his medications that is causing him to lose some of his memory. :dunno:

To MidnightSun. "My husband always remembered to send his mom in Florida a Birthday card."

I wish my son would remember to send me any greeting card like birthday, Christmas, and Mother's Day. But he made excuses like he had to work long hours and don't have time to buy the greeting cards. That is sad. :( You are lucky that your husband did that. Good for him. :thumb:

Maybe the men, even young men, are probably having Alzheimer's disease or just plain senile. My husband is going through his trouble with his memory. I think it has to do with his medications that is causing him to lose some of his memory. :dunno:

To MidnightSun. "My husband always remembered to send his mom in Florida a Birthday card."

I wish my son would remember to send me any greeting card like birthday, Christmas, and Mother's Day. But he made excuses like he had to work long hours and don't have time to buy the greeting cards. That is sad. :( You are lucky that your husband did that. Good for him. :thumb:

Don't feel bad. I have always done the card and gift buying for my husband's parents, but my daughters do remember me. I think it is just a thing that men are bad at.

Back