Who's HOH here and dont sign often?

WilGecko

Reaction score
I am hoh and dont sign often cuz grew up w/ hearing people mostly but do like to chat w/ deafs and hohs but dont seems to be enough going around lately. I am curious if there's other like me here in AD:dunno:

do you mean people who do like ths --->
wazzup_sg.gif
???

<---100% deaf and using sign alot... Ofc u met me before and I had to using voice alot around ya :lol:

I understand, irish dog but anything to make me understand, and sorry I am not able to understand your signing, but I tried! :)

Originally posted by WilGecko
I understand, irish dog but anything to make me understand, and sorry I am not able to understand your signing, but I tried! :)

It's no plms, man :D

i'm profound deaf, and yes i can talk pretty well,, some people thought i'm hoh, but really I'm not. I had speech therapists since growing up until h.s. So, I'm used to both signing and talking

I'm profound deaf and don't wear any hearing aids at all. I still speak well enough and most people thought I'm hoh or hearing, because I speak well enough... I told them that I'm very deaf and they were like :shock: and asked me "How can you speak so well if you can't hear yourself?" :lol:

I sign all the time with my immediate family, but speak with my distance families (parents/siblings/aunts/uncles/etc). :thumb:

I am profoundly hearing and sign with my Deaf friends. When I sign to my hearies, they always say "We are not deaf! You don't have to sign"

I'm hard-of-hearing and usually sign when I'm around other deaf people. If I'm around hearing people, I rarely sign and usually voice for myself.

HOH.....dont sign alot. Grew up around hearing peeps. Gonna sign more often now. :( I'm losing it.... VERY bad.

Originally posted by funnybebe78
I'm 100% deaf but it's scary that some people does think I'm hearing :eek:

:laugh2: I know what you mean.. First thing some deafies asks me is "Are you hearing?" I'm like, no..then they'll tell me from the way I'm communicating with them that I look like I'm hearing and I had to explain to them I grew up in mainstream schools and oral..sometimes its a pain in the ass when people asks me that :roll:

<<full 100% deaf..and used to sign at all like always...

oh yea, speak not so well ... and a little read lips. that's all ..

I think that the question was, "Who is hard of hearing and does not use sign language but relies on oral skills."

I do listen too, but w/ hearing aids to go w/ lip reading that helps alot but about 1/2 the time I still wouldn't understand depending on different hearings, cuz some of them mumble and have low voice tone, but not too bad at reading the signs and can sign that I am still learning forever LOL to any people that knows sign whether or not hearings or deafs :D

I am more like HoH.. I do speak very well, I used to hear/listen music or phone & etc.. till I was 15, I lost more hearings, I wore hearing aids till 10 years ago, I threw them away.. It's gives me migrainte.. :dizzy:...
My signs are ok-ok but less ASL and more PSE.

HOH and oral. I rarly sign. In matter fact i havent for 6 yrs so im forgettin. Trying to remember what my friends taught me :o

Back