who's Ddeaf,Hhoh and hearing here on ADforum?

are you Hoh, Deaf, Hearing?

• Deaf

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Hoh

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Hearing

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Hearing but involved with someone who is in option one or two

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
hh/D here
(profoundly deaf on right, hh on left)
Spoken/written/speechread English & ASL

grew up "oral", and started learning ASL when I was a young adult- I prefer ASL, but don't get to use it nearly as much as I'd like :(

Was HOH since birth, but 3 months ago went totally deaf. I rely on trying to read lips and am learning ASL. Most people don't believe I am now deaf since my speech is still clear, but that's their problem.

Hearing and studying ASL and hope to eventually become an ASL Interpreter.

I am hearing.

I have completed three levels of ASL in University, although I would not say I am proficient.

And I shall be going to George Brown College in Toronto to become an interpreter.

Cheers! :)

I am HOH in both ears :cool2:

Speech is good since I lost my hearing at 5. People around here think I have a Boston accent (I am in Michigan). I can't do the letters S Z at all. So that is my speech level

I am hearing.

I have completed three levels of ASL in University, although I would not say I am proficient.

And I shall be going to George Brown College in Toronto to become an interpreter.

Cheers! :)
3 levels out of what?

I know that different colleges have different levels, semesters, and quarters for ASL.

3 levels out of what?

I know that different colleges have different levels, semesters, and quarters for ASL.
I took three courses of ASL at York University. They use the Signing Naturally curriculum. Each course uses one of the three signing naturally books. I took the first level during a 5 week summer session and the 2nd and 3rd courses during the regular school term (8 months).

hard of hearing -- moderate to severe sensorineural hearing loss
i wear hearing aids which are pretty effective in quiet situations but are horrible in background noise situations
i was pretty much brought up in the hearing world and i have few deaf/hoh friends
my speech for the most part is good but sometimes i tend to slur especially when i'm tired or drunk :P ...actually i find that if i'm not able to hear myself speak then my speech becomes impeded and other people misunderstand what i say

I took three courses of ASL at York University. They use the Signing Naturally curriculum. Each course uses one of the three signing naturally books. I took the first level during a 5 week summer session and the 2nd and 3rd courses during the regular school term (8 months).
Ah, I see.

Well, using it more often would help you improve. :)

Back