who's Ddeaf,Hhoh and hearing here on ADforum?

are you Hoh, Deaf, Hearing?

• Deaf

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Hoh

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Hearing

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Hearing but involved with someone who is in option one or two

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Without my CIs, I'm deaf. With my CIs, I'm HoH. I'm also totally blind and know (tactile) sign. :)

deaf/blind here also.

I'm not sure with CI whether I am still deaf or HoH haha. I cannot understand speech with it.

I still see some, enough for careful reading of large or magnified text from close up... No central vision left eye and holes in vision of right eye. I can see what doesn't 'fall in the holes', if it is close enough to be somewhat clear.

Deaf, but my speech is very good. If a person was paying attention, they'd hear the deafness in my voice.

:giggle: Couldn't help but giggle...we've been there and done that, haven't we, my friend?

Profoundly deaf ..grew up oral with no sign language..have good speech skills but prefer ASL over speech.

I'm not sure with CI whether I am still deaf or HoH haha. I cannot understand speech with it.

You bring up an interesting point. :) Would being able to hear environmental sounds with a CI make you HoH or deaf? Hmmm. I guess it depends upon your perspective. For example, although I consider myself HoH with my CIs, I also know that they (my CIs) don't make me "hearing." In that respect, I'm deaf whether I can understand speech or not.

I'm deaf, can speak, read lips, and sign. ;)

Hi, I am Deaf, I can speak with a Deaf accent, love to use ASL a lot more than speech. I lipread but not that good lipreader. Usually I can talk to hearing people one way and if I could not understand what they say back, then it is a one way street. I have to make hearing people write down on notes for me.

I am profoundly deaf. Use HA's but still can't understand speech with them. I am a very good speech reader, and I use Spoken English to communicate most of the time. I also sign (PSE) and use that with my d/Deaf friends.

I consider myself deaf despite being able to speak well and function like a person with a very mild hearing loss.

I think my pitch on constants is slightly off because quite a few foreigners (usually from Asian countries) tend to get confused when I pronounce some of my constants; it's my understanding that pitch is important in many Asian countries. Most natives don't have a problem with my pitch.

I am HoH. I also work as an Interpreter. My student is HoH and what is funny is on days that I forget my hearing aid my student hears better than me sometimes.

I was born with otiosclorosis (spelling wrong I am sure). Had a stapedectomy (spelling bad I am sure) in1989 where they found nerve damage. I keep loosing more hearing.

I would prefer to be completly deaf. They are the only ones that have totally accpeted me. Well, not really totally. But they don't make fun of me like a lot of hearing people do.

Back