Who Likes Hummingbirds?

Watching the battles between Hummingbirds is pretty interesting . It's like a WWII dogfight. All over sugar water. Good times! :D

^Either way they'll get to it. They can hover for Pete's sake. :D
yeah they're like a little helicopter ! I love the way they hover . They use to come
Watching the battles between Hummingbirds is pretty interesting . It's like a WWII dogfight. All over sugar water. Good times! :D
I would love to had seen that ! I see bird fight while they're in flight and boy do they attack with their beaks !

I have not seen that yet. Matter of fact, I have only seen one at a time. By the way, they did find the new feeder by my backdoor.
You wait my friend. It'll happen. :D

We get little brown ones around our house. I've never gotten to see a ruby-throated hummingbird. They'll dive bomb us if we're late on putting out a feeder, or if it's empty.

We get little brown ones around our house.
Do you know its name? You can google your state and hummingbirds. Come back and post pix please. The female Ruby hummer does not have the read throat and appears brown, but if the light hits it just right, you can see that the brown=irradiant green.

Last edited:
Do you know its name? You can google your state and hummingbirds. Come back and post pix please. The female Ruby hummer does not have the read throat and appears brown, but if the light hits it just right, you can see that the brown=irradiant green.

I did try to Google, but no luck so I'll try to snap a picture today or tomorrow. I guess they could be ruby throats but since our feeder is on the shady side of the house the females wouldn't shine and we're under a nice tree canopy so I may have missed the males.

Hummingbirds are afraid of bees I've noticed. Well at least they avoid them on the feeder. You'd think one poke with that beak and goodbye bee. Nope. :D

I believe I found a Hummingbird nest while working on my property. It had fallen down with a tree. I'll try to post a pic. Sort of cool. :D

Back