Who Likes Hummingbirds?

I do ! My daughter's mother in law has cabin in Maine right next a lake and sometime humming birds feeder are put out and there will be 3 or 4 birds at the feeder at once. They're jewels on wings!

I have various plants to feed them around my porches instead of feeders... it is fun to watch them.

My son in law like them too! He set up the feeders for them . I tried to grown some flowers they like but I think the squirrels ate all the seeds and left only one
for the humming birds ! So I only got one flower from the whole package . We have a lot of ants here and I am concerned about them going after a humming bird feeder.

I do too. Had a feeder outback last year, but never seen any hummingbirds feeding there. Maybe I put it out too late in the year? Anyway, that one sprung a leak and I have a new one back there now. Hopefully I get better luck this time around.

It has been 3 weeks since the install of a new hummingburd feeder out back. Nothing yet. Arghhh...maybe I should fill it w/beer and see if they come. :dunno:

Let's see. 6' 4", 220, ride a Harley, REALLY like females. yada yada.. And, NO, I don't feel like I have to overcompensate!! LOL Have three feeders out. FINALLY have three birds here. Live way out in the country. Fascinating birds. Had five birds last year. Maybe more but that's how many I saw at one time.

Love raptors too. Of which there is a lot around here. Nesting pair of Red Tail Hawks on my property. Barred owls every night asking "Who cooks for you" HA!

I'm well over 30 species seen at my feeders (other feeders, not hummingbird). I LIKE nature. One misses sooooo much without it.

Recently a lady listening to a conversation between me and a friend... We were talking about Red Bellied woodpeckers. The lady said she thought there was only one kind of woodpecker. She's miissing so much!! Also have a nesting pair of pileated woodpeckers here.

Watching what they can do in the air is fascinating to me. Especially when the mix gets fermented. :D

Watching what they can do in the air is fascinating to me. Especially when the mix gets fermented. :D
I once saw a huge flock of birds flying and they had a small hawk trapped in the middle ! The birds were flying all around the hawk as if it was in a big net and it couldn't get out ! I was driving and had no where to pull over to watch this some more. It was amazing to see ! I once saw a bird get attacked in midair and the bird fell to the ground right near my feet . :(

I'm pretty sure I saw a flock of Pelicans today which is extremely rare in Washington. I pulled my truck over and was like "WTF." They were circling to gain altitude and then off they went. :D

I'm pretty sure I saw a flock of Pelicans today which is extremely rare in Washington. I pulled my truck over and was like "WTF." They were circling to gain altitude and then off they went. :D
That too bad you couldn't have gotten a photo of that ! I have to be carful when driving b/c I love watching birds and I see a lot of birds fights this time of year when there are babies birds to protect.

You know what's interesting fact? Hummingbird goes in hibernation-like state called Torpor (pronounces TOR-per). This is a really deep sleep. Their metabolism went to 1/15 than normal, during activate, these is overly-hype than use with redbull!

Back