Who is single here?

Wirelessly posted

dereksbicycles said:
I'm currently single. If there are anything that I learned from last relationship, it's much easier to be with someone who is good with ASL rather than someone who learns as a relationship processes. Secondly, I'm not really looking for a long distance relationship. Local will be nice.

Are you deaf and her hearing? Just wondering.

Single parent here. But I'm also in the market for new friends as well :). Recently moved to a different town in OK to start a new life (the deaf community in Tulsa have way too much ridiculous drama). Anyways, like i said in my first post, I'm always up for a good intelligent conversation :)

Wirelessly posted

dereksbicycles said:
Wirelessly posted

Are you deaf and her hearing? Just wondering.

Yes, I am deaf. Profoundly deaf. She is hearing. No longer in relationship. Thank for asking.

Ok. Got it didn't know you were deaf. I am hearing, learning more Spanish to communicate with mio amor's family :)

Enjoy your freedom! You will be back in the dating scene when you are ready!

I am single as of one week and find I don't like it one bit. a 12 yr. relationship isn't something you just throw away but that is just what happened. There one day gone the next. Out looking for single deaf women right now. its sad it was a long range relationship. Cost a fortune to go see her family all 20 of them.

Single parent here. But I'm also in the market for new friends as well :). Recently moved to a different town in OK to start a new life (the deaf community in Tulsa have way too much ridiculous drama). Anyways, like i said in my first post, I'm always up for a good intelligent conversation :)

Damn, smh....same in Buffalo/Niagara Falls, Ny. Deaf drama SUCKS, period.

Wirelessly posted

Ok. Got it didn't know you were deaf. I am hearing, learning more Spanish to communicate with mio amor's family :)

Enjoy your freedom! You will be back in the dating scene when you are ready!

Oh my god, haha shit I thought you were HOH. Yes, i know especially when we first met in California.

Well, I am still single for 15 years. I hope to get a girl someday.

How much effort do you put into it? Are you on a singles site? Are you asking out at least three women a month? Are you hitting the gym and taking care of yourself?

Unfortunately, dating is work(without a boss telling you what to do).

How much effort do you put into it? Are you on a singles site? Are you asking out at least three women a month? Are you hitting the gym and taking care of yourself?

Unfortunately, dating is work(without a boss telling you what to do).

While we don't know his story...however from my own experience, and from what I see out there--sometime with one can make efforts, and still get rejected anyway even if she/he has great personality just because of his/her looks. For instance, perhaps a person have defect in his/her look and she/he is having hard time fixing it, or perhaps can't fix it?

Sometime a person can taking care of himself/herself very well and still end up having having medical condition(s), she/he looks sick, like myself right now, and other person want to avoid or to give chance to get know that person.

It is not his/her fault. I meant, some people would not look past the surface. it is sad.

While we don't know his story...however from my own experience, and from what I see out there--sometime with one can make efforts, and still get rejected anyway even if she/he has great personality just because of his/her looks. For instance, perhaps a person have defect in his/her look and she/he is having hard time fixing it, or perhaps can't fix it?

Sometime a person can taking care of himself/herself very well and still end up having having medical condition(s), she/he looks sick, like myself right now, and other person want to avoid or to give chance to get know that person.

It is not his/her fault. I meant, some people would not look past the surface. it is sad.

I'm not stating fault so much as lack of actions. I don't deny that deaf/Deaf get rejected more often, I've had more than my fair share. However, if you don't play the game it is certain you won't win.

You can do everything right and still lose, that's life. But, you won't know it until you try.

My advice is: Don't give up on it all together. You never know what life will bring.

I have no idea. But I mainstream school. Very few deaf people. That it... U know I normal person :/

I have been single for a long time. Six years, I think. Despite the fact that I'm actually handsome. I'm not really looking though. I don't mind to start over.

However I met an European girl at Key West. My "not yet" girlfriend, I guess... but I prefer to wait.

Back