Who is single here?

How are you my name is nancy..hearing woman and seeking for a deaf man for longterm relationship..Am sending you this to show my interest in you.

How are you doing...My name is nancy and am new on this site..i just wish to drop you a note for frienship.

I am personal open mind :D trust or worthly you know what I said I date you! Lol you think so wish be fun!
I don't care!

How are you my name is nancy..hearing woman and seeking for a deaf man for longterm relationship..Am sending you this to show my interest in you.

Why are you "SEEKING" for a deaf man? You should go for the person who he/she is regardless of their hearing level.

This man has made it clear he's interested in dating deaf women, not hearing ones.

nancycute - who are you? What brings you to AD? I'm curious.

This man has made it clear he's interested in dating deaf women, not hearing ones.

nancycute - who are you? What brings you to AD? I'm curious.

I just thought of something interesting...

In some ways, I think it is ok for Deaf people to prefer dating Deaf people over hearing people because of communication issues. However, I think it is a bit over the top if hearing people aim to seek for a deaf parnter? Am I being a hypocrite? :hmm:

It depends why they want a deaf partner. If it is because they are established in the deaf world then fine, if they expect to take advantage then no. I am quite cynical! :lol:

I just thought of something interesting...

In some ways, I think it is ok for Deaf people to prefer dating Deaf people over hearing people because of communication issues. However, I think it is a bit over the top if hearing people aim to seek for a deaf parnter? Am I being a hypocrite? :hmm:

I'm inclined to agree with you. I mean, if a hearing woman and a deaf man meets and falls in love, that's their business but for a hearing woman to sign up on AD just for the purpose of meeting a deaf man, it does raise a big question mark.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I mean, if a hearing woman and a deaf man meets and falls in love, that's their business but for a hearing woman to sign up on AD just for the purpose of meeting a deaf man, it does raise a big question mark.

May or may not be the case. For some people this may be the first time being able to attain knowledge from the deaf/hoh community. Some people just don't know where or how to find local events etc. It's a new world for some. I know it is for me. I would have loved to know about this website years ago. So, in short it can be something genuine or disingenuous, but I do see how the lack of info comes of a little :hmm:. I think people hearing or not trying to hook up on a forum page a little out there. PM's are way better.

May or may not be the case. For some people this may be the first time being able to attain knowledge from the deaf/hoh community. Some people just don't know where or how to find local events etc. It's a new world for some. I know it is for me. I would have loved to know about this website years ago. So, in short it can be something genuine or disingenuous, but I do see how the lack of info comes of a little :hmm:. I think people hearing or not trying to hook up on a forum page a little out there. PM's are way better.

Totally with you Stiletto - just that I looked at her stats and her only posts are to this guy (other than "hi, I'm new") so yeah, question mark is still there.

It depends why they want a deaf partner. If it is because they are established in the deaf world then fine, if they expect to take advantage then no. I am quite cynical! :lol:

Often, I see sign language female students dating deaf men. As soon as they become fluent, they dump them. This bugs me!

Totally with you Stiletto - just that I looked at her stats and her only posts are to this guy (other than "hi, I'm new") so yeah, question mark is still there.

Some people just get straight to it?? :giggle: Like the guy above her, I didn't check his stats but are his similar? Who knows. Sometimes people go straight to the threads that interest them... We shall wait and see. :popcorn:.

I agree with you but nancy stated: "How are you my name is nancy..hearing woman and seeking for a deaf man for longterm relationship..Am sending you this to show my interest in you."

So it is obvious her reasons for being in AD.

Often, I see sign language female students dating deaf men. As soon as they become fluent, they dump them. This bugs me!

I think in cases like this people need to slow down before jumping the gun. Getting to know each other before a commitment. She what one's motives are.

Back