Who is long married and how long to the same person

Almost 15 years of this year, and together for 5 years. The total of years is 20, ALMOST. :ugh3:

5 years, 7 moves, 1 brain surgery, and 3 babies. I think we're in for the long haul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Together for 8 years, married for a little over 2 years. Was previously married for 12 years.

Congratulations to every one that is married for more than 5 years!!!

second marrage first lasted about 18months and married over 40years to present husband.not the happiest marriage I live my life he his that way both jog on..I think you got be your own person not second half of someone else.we would gone our own way years ago but had a child special needs who needed two parents physical impossible on our own..When went deaf I tended to rely on him which he liked but realized that was mistake.
I had no intention of breaking up family my kids needed a dad and he good dad..we more like brother and sister and that not bad relationship after 40 years

second marrage first lasted about 18months and married over 40years to present husband.not the happiest marriage I live my life he his that way both jog on..I think you got be your own person not second half of someone else.we would gone our own way years ago but had a child special needs who needed two parents physical impossible on our own..When went deaf I tended to rely on him which he liked but realized that was mistake.
I had no intention of breaking up family my kids needed a dad and he good dad..we more like brother and sister and that not bad relationship after 40 years

Yours sounds like a good match, and I agree the long marriages do turn into a helping, symbiotic, each do your own thing, yet come together for the good of the lasting relationship. The romance is gone but the love remains!

I think there's still a bit of romance with my parents. Dad does little stuff and gifts at Christmas (and sometimes birthday) does show a bit of romance. Interestingly he's the more romantic of the two lol.

I think there's still a bit of romance with my parents. Dad does little stuff and gifts at Christmas (and sometimes birthday) does show a bit of romance. Interestingly he's the more romantic of the two lol.

:aw: I like that! We do a daily hug and kiss, that's romantic! Gifts sometimes, sometimes not. Guess I was comparing to the early years.

dating my husband for 3 mths, got married in 6 mths and been married for 30 yrs. i mean total of 9 mths is really weird. we don't believe in divorced, we have our up and down but we managed it. have 2 kids and love them.

Yours sounds like a good match, and I agree the long marriages do turn into a helping, symbiotic, each do your own thing, yet come together for the good of the lasting relationship. The romance is gone but the love remains!

25 years ago he told me he was gay so all these years he was never true to himself therefore to me.the day he told me he was gay I booked ticket to Australia got back pack spent two months Australia nz and America came back empowered we each do our own thing I don't ask him that part of his life I not privy to or want to be.
I in 60's he over 70 no time for recriminations or' what if's' and brother/sister relationship not bad one my age

25 years ago he told me he was gay so all these years he was never true to himself therefore to me.the day he told me he was gay I booked ticket to Australia got back pack spent two months Australia nz and America came back empowered we each do our own thing I don't ask him that part of his life I not privy to or want to be.
I in 60's he over 70 no time for recriminations or' what if's' and brother/sister relationship not bad one my age

Interesting story, thanks for telling me, lots of marriages around like that.

I loved the part about your backpacking, much like the movie 'WILD" that's out right now.

yep was in my late 50's old deaf gal buggered off around the world do that do anything..it opened my eyes to many things..i make it sound like I went next day I didn't I stayed mostly with different Quakers in Friends Meeting house made many mistakes got lost more than once but found people on the whole are nice helpful came back to England after thinking time away got diagnosed with breast cancer one week after coming back that when I needed his help and he was very good..we both realize life is short it can throw you a lot of curves you live for the day we both have separate lives even live in different parts of house but he is there when I need him and visa versa and having Downs syndrome girl put much pressure on both of us,having daughter like her brings the best and worse out in a person I went deaf not long after she was born and he took all the pressure it took it out of him mentally I would say he had breakdown but never gave into it and he should have..my husband is a good good man it just great shame he not come out years ago many men of his age suffered...real love is not romance or 'fifty shades'(thank god)it respect kindness generous and geuin

Back