Who has T-Mobile G1?

kevbo

Premium Member
Reaction score
You can call Tmobile and ask a representative to credit you worth of 12 months of voice plan ($19.99) which is about $240. All you have to say you are not happy and you want get credits and they will credit your account. :shock:

I love my G1!

I know this is not tech forum but I think everyone need to know about this. :dunno:

I'm deaf and I can't talk very well so the voice plan would be useless for me. I have a sidekick anyway and it has everything I need, anyway.

So you had to pay for a data and voice plan? I just signed up under the total internet plan for $40 a month.

You can call Tmobile and ask a representative to credit you worth of 12 months of voice plan ($19.99) which is about $240. All you have to say you are not happy and you want get credits and they will credit your account. :shock:

I love my G1!

Isn't this dishonest?

I love my G1!

I paid $30 for unlimited data, text, high speed internet and 5Gb per month for modem (I use it a lot) and 3G coverage way more than At&t/T-mobile in USA.

Coverage is more important to me.

Sprint rocks!

List an app that I need for business travel.

Garmin mobile, it's better than google maps.
http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gar1.png

Sorenson IP relay http://www.siprelay.com/mobile_solution.aspx (Quick than AIM relay)
Calendar Google sync.
Weatherbug direct
Modem bluetooth for my laptop.

Me too I am not happy to pay almost 80 every month for my G1. Anyone have idea how to make those price go down?

$80/month?! Whoa... I'm paying $55/month for mine. Here's what you need to do:

1) You need to log in my.t-mobile.com

2) On the top right, make sure the phone picture next to your name is G1. If it's not, click on it and find G1.

3) You'll have to "My Account" > "Change Plan", then change your current plan. The lowest voice plan as of now is: "National Bus/Govt Plan 60" with 60 voice minutes for $19.99/month.

So, you pay $34.99/month unlimited data plan plus $19.99/month voice plan, $55/month total. It worked for me last November, so I don't know if anything changed, yet.

$80/month?! Whoa... I'm paying $55/month for mine. Here's what you need to do:

1) You need to log in my.t-mobile.com

2) On the top right, make sure the phone picture next to your name is G1. If it's not, click on it and find G1.

3) You'll have to "My Account" > "Change Plan", then change your current plan. The lowest voice plan as of now is: "National Bus/Govt Plan 60" with 60 voice minutes for $19.99/month.

So, you pay $34.99/month unlimited data plan plus $19.99/month voice plan, $55/month total. It worked for me last November, so I don't know if anything changed, yet.

Yup look like it changed to 29.99 for voice plan. I am going call T-Mobile tomorrow and try get that plan on that my phone I am trying saving money. I rather 55 dollar than 80 dollar.

Me too I am not happy to pay almost 80 every month for my G1. Anyone have idea how to make those price go down?
If you're deaf, give them a call and complain that you're deaf and don't want to pay for a voice plan.

I am on phone with them! I will give you update what they have to tell me. I want answer direct from them!

I talked to three different people about this bullshit voice plan on phone. I talked to them for almost three hour and nothing changed. I am so angry with T-Mobile I am thinking about switch to AT&T. I almost got chance to talk to supersivor but they hang up before I got chance! So now I am thinking about get iPhone! I wish G1 made for AT&T instead T-Mobile that would be nice!

I talked to three different people about this bullshit voice plan on phone. I talked to them for almost three hour and nothing changed. I am so angry with T-Mobile I am thinking about switch to AT&T. I almost got chance to talk to supersivor but they hang up before I got chance! So now I am thinking about get iPhone! I wish G1 made for AT&T instead T-Mobile that would be nice!
Actually, you can use the G1 with AT&T... by having it unlocked. The only downside is that the 3G service won't be as good as it is through T-Mobile.

It's like the iPhone. The iPhone is AT&T exclusive. So, the 3G network on the iPhone is excellent with AT&T... but if you unlock it and use it with T-Mobile, then the 3G isn't as good.

Actually, you can use the G1 with AT&T... by having it unlocked. The only downside is that the 3G service won't be as good as it is through T-Mobile.

It's like the iPhone. The iPhone is AT&T exclusive. So, the 3G network on the iPhone is excellent with AT&T... but if you unlock it and use it with T-Mobile, then the 3G isn't as good.

I prefer switch service and do right thing but I am not sure about iPhone yet. Let wait and see. But keep me update about iPhone or whatever.

Back