Who got snow?

MD is very very low on salt now so the roads wont get salted like they did with the last storm. We are under a crisis emergency due to the winds that will hit us hard later this morning.

Better ask Bloomberg to donate some salt for ya'all. We've got a huge warehouse of salt.

Better ask Bloomberg to donate some salt for ya'all. We've got a huge warehouse of salt.

I think we would rather donate all that snow to the Olympics..lol

How much snow are you getting?

Unconfirmed reports say 6 inches so far with another 10 to 20 inches more throughout the day. We got close to 30 inches from Sat's storm. There probably will be no place to put the new snow due to all 7-feet piles of snow from all the digging out. The sky is very very white right now...

Unconfirmed reports say 6 inches so far with another 10 to 20 inches more throughout the day. We got close to 30 inches from Sat's storm. There probably will be no place to put the new snow due to all 7-feet piles of snow from all the digging out. The sky is very very white right now...

That is awesome. Lemme pull up a few pics if I can.

(edit) Eh, they're on a memory stick somewhere.

Just to give you an idea of how much was on the ground when this storm hit.

100_2685.jpg

My friend just paged me saying that a pipe broke and flooded her driveway while they were sleeping...all the flooded water is frozen solid on their driveway. She said her driveway got flooded because the Sat's snow blocked all the drainages. Ouch!

My friend just paged me saying that a pipe broke and flooded her driveway while they were sleeping...all the flooded water is frozen solid on their driveway. She said her driveway got flooded because the Sat's snow blocked all the drainages. Ouch!

Oh dear. :(

Your friend got a bag of salts or de-icing pellets for the driveway?

the numbers don't mean anything to me but it is said we got ten inches

wow, those pic's, Shel
ya know when I was a kid we had snows like that but until recently hadn't had quite the same for long time.
sorry to read about your friend's driveway...basement ok?

speaking of environmental things....Illinois got earthquake this morning -

Oh dear. :(

Your friend got a bag of salts or de-icing pellets for the driveway?

She didnt say. I paged her back but no reply so I guess they are too busy trying to take care of the problem.

The funniest thing about the winter is that places south of me have more snow. Here in NY we have had only 2 bad snowstorms. The first just before Christmas and the one I am going through right now. I have approximately 3-5" out there right now.

Back