Who can still remember their childhood phone number?

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do... 229-0988. :)

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.21.09 AM.png

Most of them despite moving often. Nobody in my family uses a landline anymore.

I still have the landline that was my parents! So, I not only know it but use it.

I do, believe it or not. 457-5340. That was also back in the days where we didn't have 10-digit numbers.

I do too. ***- 357-6496. Mom still has this number. Do not try to call her or I will come after you! To one_up ya'all, I still remember our PO box number. B47

Too many for me to remember. From birth to age 18, we lived in at least 14 places, with a new number each time.

Yes I remember our phone number. Only remember part of my grandparents because they still used letters for the first two numbers (i.e. AB-32020).

I also still remember every PO box from college- mine and my small group of friends'. Sadly I've forgotten all of the combos (I used to go to the PO to get everybody's mail- they did the same and they were amazed I had 'em all memorized).

Yes, but I got to repeat it often to call my dad until 2008, after which I started incorporating it in passwords. Dead number- who remembers but me and sibs?

Yes, but I got to repeat it often to call my dad until 2008, after which I started incorporating it in passwords. Dead number- who remembers but me and sibs?

That's the whole point I think. When I was a child, PE20768 worked.
Now it doesn't.
It doesn't matter, you know?

I moved a lot, but I still remember three of my phone numbers before this house. I don't remember the first one though.

i moved so much that I lost track of any phone numbers I had.

My mom still has it!! I remember when you only had to dial 5 digits in the area. 2xxxx or 3xxxx. The library put a lock on the number 2 (rotary dial) to keep people from making unauthorized calls; the lock blocked the dial from turning past the number 2. But you could still call time and temperature 21121.

Have any of you that don't still have that number (or have a relative that does have it) tried calling it to see if it is currently in use?

My aunt did something that I didn't know you could do. She had a landline when we were kids, so she's had the number for over 40 years. When she got a cell phone years ago, she asked them if it was possible to transfer the landline phone number to her cell phone and they were able to do it. So the number she had as a landline when we were kids is now her cell number.

I had friends that were on party lines but we never had one because my dad got a lot of calls from customers at home. I remember the times when it wasn't who I was looking for that was on the line but someone they shared the line with.

Remember it was "Roger" 777 ... the rest I forgot, Wow...was back in the 50's...(my mother's)...We did have a "party line" too...and listened to the other people talking...LOL...Seems there were no secrets back in the day....

Back