Whitman's housekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitman said this morning that she would be willing to take a polygraph test to demonstrate she did not know Diaz Santillan was in the country illegally. Asked if Diaz Santillan would do so, Allred said she does not need to.

Says it all right there.

I wonder why they don't check the SSN before they put them on the payroll... hmm...

"It's not an obligation of the employer to turn in illegal employees and I just thought 'I'm not gonna make an example of Nicky,'" Whitman said.

As I have stated before.....that really doesn't help much.

I've heard of people getting stolen SSN and fake ones, etc. However, shouldn't they be able to find out if these SSN are valid or not?

Not sure if the hiring agency actually ran the numbers before she started the job. Not sure if this is exclusive to just employment agencies or other workplaces...

I've heard of people getting stolen SSN and fake ones, etc. However, shouldn't they be able to find out if these SSN are valid or not?

It takes months....or at least it did 2 years ago.....doubt it's changed. You can of course run their credit and this will catch fake cards but not stolen cards.

again? Former NYPD Commissioner Kerik and now this? what's with Republicans and their illegal housemaids?

I don't like Whitman, but honestly, I could give a rat's ass that she hired an illegal immigrant knowingly or unknowingly. You know how many people hire illegal immigrants in California? You know what shape the state would be in without them?

The part that I take umbrage with is if she is lying and trying to defend her lie. That's political suicide. She should just admit it and move on. Nobody in CA cares. Really.

I don't like Whitman, but honestly, I could give a rat's ass that she hired an illegal immigrant knowingly or unknowingly. You know how many people hire illegal immigrants in California? You know what shape the state would be in without them?

The part that I take umbrage with is if she is lying and trying to defend her lie. That's political suicide. She should just admit it and move on. Nobody in CA cares. Really.

Yup, I learned about that and I agreed with you.

If I live in CA so I'm going vote Jerry Brown and hopefully he will find way to deal with massive debt in CA.

:roll: at Gray Davis for a big mess up.

Agreed. It is the lying and the defensiveness that is most objectionable. Speaks volumes to character.

do you think that illegal housekeeper looks like the type that would do crimes?

does she live on the river "denial"

Ah....turns out Little Nicky DID lie. (DL, SS Card and I-9 form are at the bottom)

http://media.nbclosangeles.com/documents/Diaz+Forms.pdf

Oh and the SSA "letter" turns out to be an SSA form for asking for additional info on an employee.......It's a simple form that many people who run a business receive.

http://www.visaserve.com/CM/Articles/Request for Employer Information.pdf

Note the sentence

Moreover, this letter makes no statement about your employee's immigration status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back