Which one good BMW, LEXUS or Jag

Ahaha! this is Great! I am sure Police gave up and went donuts shop to tell stories about E30 the beast escape from OINK! I would rather have porsche GT3 than Hemi V8 lol

Since Phillips wants a car to last a long time, Lexus is a best choice. They are very reliable cars according to Consumer Reports. They use Toyota products so I don't think the parts are that expensive. I see a lot of Lexus sport sedans around here. I heard that car insurance is very high on Lexus but how expensive, I don't know.

If i were you, I would buy Beamer with affordable maintenence. My uncle have 2004 M5 that are nicest but expensive though
no such thing as affordable maintenance for BMW unless you know a mechanic as friend or you know how to do it yourself. Any European cars are AUTOMATICALLY expensive to maintain and to repair. Everybody knows this.

OFC Saab is most expensive with gas require super unleaded gas. That are not many of Saabs around here.

huh? I own a Saab and I use regular gas.

dude.... do you know anything about car? sounds like you're a teenager reading from Cars & Drivers magazine....

no such thing as affordable maintenance for BMW unless you know a mechanic as friend or you know how to do it yourself. Any European cars are AUTOMATICALLY expensive to maintain and to repair. Everybody knows this.

huh? I own a Saab and I use regular gas.

dude.... do you know anything about car? sounds like you're a teenager reading from Cars & Drivers magazine....

:laugh2: Yes, European cars ARE expensive to maintain, period. My friend has a VW Passat, it wasn't cheap for him but now it has 150k miles now.

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy either Toyota or Honda. They are very reliable cars, according to my brother because of less repairs. He's the manager of the foreign car company. He advised me to buy this car or that car. I teased him how about if I buy a KIA car. He said no, KIA is bad because of the oil leaking, etc. So, I ended up buying a new car - Toyota Corolla with S. I still have it for 3 and 1/2 years. Also, I have a 7 years warranty. Two weeks ago, I took my car to the shop for a tune up, etc, at no charge because I have a 7 years warranty. My car runs very well with 120,000 miles in it. So, I think it's worth it.
Phillips, did you find a used car yet?

this is the car that my ex has, 2006 M3 but in interlagos blue. it's like a bluey purple...it is a reallyyyyy nice car...fast too;)

my ex has a bmw '99 323i and it has about 160,000 km on it which is more than miles and it's only now starting to have probs every once in awhile. If you take care of a german or import car than cost of maintenance will be low. but things do happen and then thats where it can get expensive cuz parts and labor for imports are more expensive esp with vw, beemers, audi etc

mmm! yea true.. but i wonder my toyota tacoma 98 is cost more on maintenace than other or same or what? i dont know much about this.. but i know older parts to put on is more cost !

Isn't this topic kinda getting out of date, since Philips posted it like 4 months ago? Anyways.. for prospective future readers

^ What some people already said:
BMW - European, high class but repair will cost you a ton. Mostly due to the fact that the parts are so high they are insane, if you aren't rich that is. Can last a long time, takes care.
Jaguar - see above, I believe its even more exotic than the BMW - Can last for some time, but definitely requires maintenance.
Lexus - Toyota+1 versions of their cars, import parts are generally cheap to repair, depending on what really. Can last a LONG time AND take a beating.

You could use yahoo's cost guide to see the differences. Taking the 3 general eyeballed cars on the 2008 USA market, for say the average person aged 20-30.

Cost to own - 2008 BMW 328i
bmw_3seriescoupe_328i_2008_120x60.jpg

2008bmw328i.jpg

Cost to own - 2008 Lexus IS 350 6spd (manual) (note: This is the highest you can get in the 350 line, 250 prices are going to be much much lower, by ~$5-10K US i would estimate)
lexus_is350_6speedsequential_2008_120x60.jpg

2008lex350.jpg

Cost to own - 2008 Jaguar XK-Series
jaguar_xfseries_luxury_2009_120x60.jpg

2008jagxk.jpg

These are all prices based in California.. so YMMV for other states.

It shows that it's more expensive to manitian a Lexus than a BMW in there.

Jaguar has higher problem. Not cheap cost at service and very poor mileage (gas).
BMW's dashboard is easy to crack by sun/heatwave.
All german cars at dealership's service is very expensive!!!

If, gas will go over $4. You will have hard time to sell car with poor MPG.
NOT WISE to buy car with poor MPG. Our local, they have hard time to sell Hummer, SUV, etc. That's hugh drop value of car with poor MPG.

I own(ed) germany cars for 25 years (VW Scirocco, VW Jetta, Porsche and Benz). I still have 1980 Porsche in garage.

Mercedes Benz require to use Premium fuel.

4 years ago, I gave up my Benz because costly to repair sunroof (won't closed) and higher $$$ fuel. Let my Benz go then bought GM's sport car (use unleaded fuel).

I know a person run his private business (Repair shop) in New Jersey. He grew up in Czeh. He is excellent repair on germany car. He always gave me excellent price for repair.

I know a person run his private business (Repair shop) in New Jersey. He grew up in Czeh. He is excellent repair on germany car. He always gave me excellent price for repair.

can you PM me that mechanic's info??

It shows that it's more expensive to manitian a Lexus than a BMW in there.

Yeah, but that's a high line lexus vs the standard line bmw. 328i is a 4spd and entry level based, the is350 is the top of the line you can get. If it was a IS250, i'm sure the prices would be much lower.

Go with a BMW. You can get either 1-series, 3-series, 5-series, 6-series or 7-series. All of them are great cars. The most popular model is a 3-series because they are more affordable.

If you bought a newer BMW car (like 1 year old), it comes with 4 year, 50,000 mile free maintenance. I have a 2007 BMW 335i (twin-turbo, inline 6 engine) and I took it to nearest BMW dealer for free oil change & brakes.

When the free maintenance expired (Sept 2011), I plan to do my own maintenance. I can replace brake pads & rotors, change the oil, etc, they're not that difficult.

You can't go wrong with a German built car, they are reliable (but not as reliable as Japanese cars). I think Japanese cars are okay, they are great for people who are worried about repairs etc. Keep in mind, BMW's steering system is far superior to Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar, etc. I don't know too much about Audi.

The M3 is a very nice car, very fast (current generation M3), it comes with 400 horsepower. My 335i comes with 300 horsepower and it's pretty fast. The Car & Driver magazine tested it, they were able to achieve zero-to-60 in 4.8 seconds (BMW claims 5.3 or something seconds).

You will never regret if you bought a BMW. It's the Ultimate Driving Machine. I visit BimmerPost: The most popular BMW forum, news, picture and video site frequently to learn more about my BMW. Lots of people weren't happy with their Lexus, they sold them and bought themselves a Bimmer.

Well, a Jaguar car has some major problems with axis and other a few parts. It's hard to buy the foreign parts.

BMW is good especially trucks.

Both these cars are not gas saver.

You have to decide which one you have to pick:

junkBMWcar.jpg

or

smallcar.jpg

I think that you might consider to buy a hybrid car or electric car. I think that Honda Civic Hybrid might be a good one. The street price for this car cost $24,000 that runs 40 city and 45 Hwy. Actually, all cars are still not perfect. President Obama wants to require all automakers to increase to 40 gpm (gas per mile). Oh boy, I hate the word - "Gas." I don't even want a gas for my "future" car.

Back