Which next state to legalize the gay marriage?

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think about Oregon, Colorado and Nevada - possibly repeal the constitution ban on ballot.

Pennsylvania - it could be possible by court order, similar to California, by strike the statue down.

New Jersey - not happen until Christie is out of office or get voters to approve the gay marriage (I believe that on ballot will be very successful).

Virginia and Arizona - the poll suggested majority support gay marriage so repeal the constitution ban is possible, but more difficult to predict than other 3 states above.

Illinois - possibility by state legislature.

Minnesota and Rhode Island will have gay marriage on August 1.

7 days to left.

It definitely won't be my state... Florida was one of the very last to get rid of slavery... -_- They'll be holding onto their conservative hopes and dreams for years to come... -_-

It definitely won't be my state... Florida was one of the very last to get rid of slavery... -_- They'll be holding onto their conservative hopes and dreams for years to come... -_-

And Texas too.

Yes, Florida require 60% to change the constitution so it will be more hard to repeal it.

No, it won't. But I'm almost looking between, Missouri, Oklahoma, Florida and Texas... WHO WILL BE THE LAST!? Stay tuned for the results! When you're 110... =P

No, it won't. But I'm almost looking between, Missouri, Oklahoma, Florida and Texas... WHO WILL BE THE LAST!? Stay tuned for the results! When you're 110... =P

What about No? 110?

In Texas, simple majority (50.1%) is required to amend the state constitution - known as change in state constitution.

Florida only require 60% so it is more challenge to change than in Texas.

There are more gay marriage supporters in Florida now but issue is pretty divided in both states (Florida and Texas).

Last? I have say Oklahoma, easy.

Oklahoma dead last easy? Most definitely... LOL

I have only been to Oklahoma once. It was for about 2 months, I stayed in OKC, and visited Tulsa for a bit. All I know is in that time, I have never seen the F bomb ( and we're not talking about the 4 letter F bomb, the 3 letter one ) dropped on me so many times. Even at one point in OKC, I had it keyed into the hood of my car, and my rainbow stickers ripped off and a nasty note telling me I was going to hell. I left, and never went back, nor will I ever!

Missouri, they have the college towns so I suppose they have that going in their favor hoping that the majority of the younger generation might provide some tolerance. So maybe that's not TOO far off in sight...

Florida, well I've lived here just about my whole life. We do have quite the gay community around here, and I've never had an issue being screamed at ( lol not that I can hear it anyway ) or any of that. As a matter of fact, I got a note the other day on my car saying they loved my stickers! =D Which is much appreciated being I just bought my car and it's newer, I'd be very upset with a keying... =/ However, all the retirees that come down here... *sigh* I see no end of relief for the state of Florida... I don't really watch politics often, but I don't believe our governor is too keen on the idea either...

VIRGINA?!?!?!? Always thought Virgina was wicked conservative.....
Hawaii needs to get it........I remmy back in the 90's they said that Hawaii was gonna be one of the first to get it.

Don't forget Utah. One of the last states to support gay marriage. at least 50% of the population in Utah are Mormons.

Oklahoma dead last easy? Most definitely... LOL

I have only been to Oklahoma once. It was for about 2 months, I stayed in OKC, and visited Tulsa for a bit. All I know is in that time, I have never seen the F bomb ( and we're not talking about the 4 letter F bomb, the 3 letter one ) dropped on me so many times. Even at one point in OKC, I had it keyed into the hood of my car, and my rainbow stickers ripped off and a nasty note telling me I was going to hell. I left, and never went back, nor will I ever!

Missouri, they have the college towns so I suppose they have that going in their favor hoping that the majority of the younger generation might provide some tolerance. So maybe that's not TOO far off in sight...

Florida, well I've lived here just about my whole life. We do have quite the gay community around here, and I've never had an issue being screamed at ( lol not that I can hear it anyway ) or any of that. As a matter of fact, I got a note the other day on my car saying they loved my stickers! =D Which is much appreciated being I just bought my car and it's newer, I'd be very upset with a keying... =/ However, all the retirees that come down here... *sigh* I see no end of relief for the state of Florida... I don't really watch politics often, but I don't believe our governor is too keen on the idea either...

Yes, Oklahoma is pathetic, similar to Mississippi. I'm sad to hear about you were victim of vandalism with hateful message. I don't put pro-LGBT rights on car because I don't want deal with vandalism and insurance claim.

I think Florida is one of most progressive state in southern state, along with Virginia. I agree with you about government in Florida is meh right now.

Do you know about Disney World is very strong LGBT supporter and they do have LGBT Week in June.

I didn't know about Disney being a supporter until I heard about a movie they're releasing soon where there will be 2 moms! I was very excited! I can't remember the movie or when but I've seen it all over facebook and the hate groups are LIVID! Lol I think it's so funny such a little thing could upset people so much... jeeze.

I haven't had any jerks touch my car in Florida, thankfully.

I completely forgot about Alabama and Mississippi! Lol! Omg, they'll be neck and neck with Oklahoma!! Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not so sure about Kentucky either. O.o

I am praying for Virginia... I want to get married. My partner and I have not been together that long, 6 months strong next month, but I know he is the one.

Back