Which is the best game for a........

JeepGirl

Reaction score
10 year old girl to have.....

Nintendo DS
Gameboy Advance SP
PSP

I just don't know which is the best for my child to have for xmas. Help me out... please...

Find out which games your daugther likes to play or wanted, then go from there, that what I do for my boys, sometimes there's games for Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance SP and PSP that can be used to any game machine...All my three boys have Gameboy Advance the only one that play with it is my little one inculding the game cube, since my other two are so into the Xbox and Xbox360....

10 year old girl to have.....

Nintendo DS
Gameboy Advance SP
PSP

I just don't know which is the best for my child to have for xmas. Help me out... please...

How about 360? There's some good games, such as Viva Pinta.

I'm looking for the hand games.. ya know.. not the big box to leave at home .. that's for pacman...

i was wondering which one is the best?

Find out which games your daugther likes to play or wanted, then go from there, that what I do for my boys, sometimes there's games for Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance SP and PSP that can be used to any game machine...All my three boys have Gameboy Advance the only one that play with it is my little one inculding the game cube, since my other two are so into the Xbox and Xbox360....

yeah i took my daughter to Walmart to look around and she ended up playing the nintendo DS and said i want that for xmas.. so i just wanted to make sure it was compatible for a 10 year old to play.

Hand held games? Hmm...how about a deck of cards and a few of her friends and play some o' Texas Hold 'Em? :D (aww...shucks, I had to say that-- :lol:)

Last year, I got my younger daughter a Nintendo DS...I know she loves it (she's 14, will be 15 in a few weeks from now)--although, the GameBoy Advance seems to have more games, games that more youngsters are more inclined to play. As for PSP...I know the graphics is pretty cool. Sooo..flip a coin? :lol:

By the way, is there any chances that you know what some of her friends play with more or talk about often? That might help you out to decide which one to get....good luck! ;)

~RR

I'm looking for the hand games.. ya know.. not the big box to leave at home .. that's for pacman...

i was wondering which one is the best?

For sure... I will find out...

Harvest Moon DS is good game and fun to raise the family.

By the way, is there any chances that you know what some of her friends play with more or talk about often?

Yeah, that's a good idea.

A DS Lite is definitely great for a 10-year-old girl. There are so many games available that are totally appropriate for that age level. For example:

Animal Crossing (you interact with the animals who live in your town, catch fish and bugs, design your house...very addictive for kids AND adults!)
Big Brain Academy or Brain Age (puzzle games to help develop the mind, but fun too)
Cooking Mama (you learn to make recipes, but you have to be fast and accurate)
Elite Beat Agents (a rhythm game sort of like Dance Dance Revolution)
Nintendogs (train and take care of very realistic puppies)
Clubhouse Games (dozens of card and board games)
Mario Kart (racing game with Mario and his friends)
New Super Mario Bros. (great new version of the old game)

And many of these games can be played with other people as well, through wireless or DS to DS connection.

The PSP is more for hardcore gamers, I think. Yes, the graphics are better, but the games just aren't as good. There's one really good PSP game I can think of for a 10-year-old called Loco Roco. Other than that, I think the DS is the way to go.

Last edited:
My son who is 11 has them all, mostly he would play with Nintendo DS, and he would take it everywhere he goes.. ;)

Depend what the children really likes.

My both sons choose PS2.

First they choose Nintendo, few years later then Play Station 1 and few years later then Play Station 2. Now they want Xbox game (sp). I reject it. I said to them if they want Xbox games then pay themselves from their pocket money.

Depend what the children really likes.

My both sons choose PS2.

First they choose Nintendo, few years later then Play Station 1 and few years later then Play Station 2. Now they want Xbox game (sp). I reject it. I said to them if they want Xbox games then pay themselves from their pocket money.

Liebling,

Rebelgirl is speaking of hand games not game boxes, Hand games that her daughter can take with her anywhere she wants to go just like Rebelgirl had listed them on her very first post, something light and easier for her to carry. ;)

i think better for her play with Nintendo DS cuz of keep her busy go with u anywhere so wont bore her... i know her way too lol!

Liebling,

Rebelgirl is speaking of hand games not game boxes, Hand games that her daughter can take with her anywhere she wants to go just like Rebelgirl had listed them on her very first post, something light and easier for her to carry. ;)

Oohhhh sorry, I misunderstand Rebelgirl's post. I read Rebelgirl's first post and thought what she mean is big box until I saw what Rebelgirl talking about after read your remind post... oooccchhh...

Oh yes hand games... My both sons have only gameboys but they lost their interest in hand games.

Like what I say before, depend what the children likes as what Rebelgirl said that her daughter likes nintendo DS then go for it but mainly important is no voilence in hand games.

Nintendo DS is great for kids, definetly.

pick up some games like the new mario bros. and nintendogs. ;)

Gameboy Advance is for starter to learn how to play and take care at less cost.

When your kid become :

13 years old and up - DS

16 and up - PSP and iPod

18 and up - iPod2 - Xbox720 - PS4 - Wii2 :D

My kids will get DS and PSP this xmas due they are over 13 years old as well care of their PS, Xobx, Gameboy Advance and Gamecube last few years as I taught them to take care.

There's Cars on PSP and graphic is much better than DS, also more features.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

A DS Lite is definitely great for a 10-year-old girl. There are so many games available that are totally appropriate for that age level. For example:

Animal Crossing (you interact with the animals who live in your town, catch fish and bugs, design your house...very addictive for kids AND adults!)
Big Brain Academy or Brain Age (puzzle games to help develop the mind, but fun too)
Cooking Mama (you learn to make recipes, but you have to be fast and accurate)
Elite Beat Agents (a rhythm game sort of like Dance Dance Revolution)
Nintendogs (train and take care of very realistic puppies)
Clubhouse Games (dozens of card and board games)
Mario Kart (racing game with Mario and his friends)
New Super Mario Bros. (great new version of the old game)

And many of these games can be played with other people as well, through wireless or DS to DS connection.

The PSP is more for hardcore gamers, I think. Yes, the graphics are better, but the games just aren't as good. There's one really good PSP game I can think of for a 10-year-old called Loco Roco. Other than that, I think the DS is the way to go.
:gpost:
I agree, DS is great for a 10 year old. Just be sure that your daughter understands not to talk to strangers on Pitochat(a chat/draw instant messenger system that is in all DSes), and to only talk to friends on it. Any one can "IM" your daughter if she is in Pitochat mode from about 50 yards(?) around.

One other great bonus about the DS is that if your daughter wants a GBA game, these are compatible with the DS, so you are in fact getting two systems in one.

Gameboy Advance is for starter to learn how to play and take care at less cost.

When your kid become :

13 years old and up - DS

16 and up - PSP and iPod

18 and up - iPod2 - Xbox720 - PS4 - Wii2 :D

My kids will get DS and PSP this xmas due they are over 13 years old as well care of their PS, Xobx, Gameboy Advance and Gamecube last few years as I taught them to take care.

I dont think it has anything to do with age as long as they are trained to take care of the gaming stuff properly.

Back