• Advanced Bionics

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Nucleus Freedom

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Maestro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks everyone.

I just had my MRI last Friday. Now waiting for insurance authorization then I'll find out my surgery date.

I have to go in and talk to my Audi and tell my decision on what brand to get I'm still leaning toward the Freedom. If anyone has any advice or reason to consider one of the others I'd appreciate it. But so far I think I'll go with the Freedom.

I spoke to my Audi and SLT yesterday about this

SLT made good point that if there were the best implant the CI centre would have ONLY use one not all three...

I'm back and post it here.

The reason why I picked Nucleus Freedom standard

*It have LED to show the program level and sensitive volumes

*Standard have accessories connection on IPOD and tv aparter plug. I wish I have mini BTE but don't have accessories connection.

*It's perfect for my lifestyle as lifetime in 100 years

*The nucelus freedom have 6 colors with different colors microphone. I picked color is pink and black because pink is my favorite. Black is match on my hair.

*The BTE shape alike a hearing aid bte

*I'm impress contour advance electrode's body with silicone and 2 thin self-curling array. It's softip for minimal pressure. It have n22 to n24. This is comfort the design to sit on skull bone.

*earhook look like hearing aid's earhook

I touched and feel the Advanced bionics at ENT. In my opinion

*Not impress with HiRes 90k's design.

*The internal electronics comparison with nickel gold don't have silicone to sit on bone skull like a stone and have 16 electrode.

*The custom color are cool. Some are not my design as fashion. The BTE body only have 3 colors dark sienna, beige, silver. The dark sienna look like dark chocolate. They don't have black and pink bte. The color chart have different design and don't have pink.

*The harmony connection with earhook adjust all the times. T-Mic microphone, Direct connection, iconnect adopter and small t-mic are not my style. I don't like to adjust the earhook all the times.

*Don't have LED like Nucleus Freedom

I haven't feel or touch Medel yet. I saw someone's ci with Medel.

*I don't like the design of BTE

*The colors don't have black and pink They have dark grey, blue, red and beige. It's not my style

*I like the remote. It's improve than before.

Everyone are different opinions on CI brand.

I am confidence with nucleus freedom for reason.

Good luck on your decide for CI brand.

I chose AB for my daughter because of the HiFidelity 120 programming, the fact that each electrode has an individual power sourse, so they can fire at the same time, instead of only one being stimulated at a time (that is why they can do the 120) , because it has the largest dynamic range available, and the T-mic.

I sat on the phone for 2 hours with an AB rep and then a Cochlear. I asked all the same questions, and then the questions that the other brand had sparked. AB sent me over TONS of technical data so that I could read through it. Cochlear was more "friendly" oriented, but AB was all about the tech stuff. I felt like they were more "cutting edge".

I also never liked the LED screen with Cochlear or the remote with Med-El. AB just has a switch, for 3 programs.

I couldn't be happier with the customer service with AB either. We needed to swap out a broken headpiece, we got the new one the next day, and then sent the broken one. It took nothing more than a phone call.

Also, with the T-mic, Miss Kat and hear on a cell phone, without any kind of adjustments or assistive device.

I chose AB for my daughter because of the HiFidelity 120 programming, the fact that each electrode has an individual power sourse, so they can fire at the same time, instead of only one being stimulated at a time (that is why they can do the 120) , because it has the largest dynamic range available, and the T-mic.

I sat on the phone for 2 hours with an AB rep and then a Cochlear. I asked all the same questions, and then the questions that the other brand had sparked. AB sent me over TONS of technical data so that I could read through it. Cochlear was more "friendly" oriented, but AB was all about the tech stuff. I felt like they were more "cutting edge".

I also never liked the LED screen with Cochlear or the remote with Med-El. AB just has a switch, for 3 programs.

I couldn't be happier with the customer service with AB either. We needed to swap out a broken headpiece, we got the new one the next day, and then sent the broken one. It took nothing more than a phone call.

Also, with the T-mic, Miss Kat and hear on a cell phone, without any kind of adjustments or assistive device.

Nucleus Freedom have 4 programs. I have two sound processor for in case if it's broke. It's ready to use other processor instead stop wear for a week until new processor.

I love the LED screen. It's your opinion. :)

My third cousin has bilateral cochlear with nucleus freedom. He can speak on cellphone through his microphone and change to T.

Nucleus Freedom have 4 programs. I have two sound processor for in case if it's broke. It's ready to use other processor instead stop wear for a week until new processor.

I love the LED screen. It's your opinion. :)

My third cousin has bilateral cochlear with nucleus freedom. He can speak on cellphone through his microphone and change to T.

Change to T? What does that mean? Is it a program setting?

Why I'm planning on choosing AB when I get mine:

1. Temporal Resolution (stimulation rate, pulses per second, or pps) - Up to 83,000 pps
2. Spectral Resolution (spectral bands) - Up to 120
3. Input Dynamic Range (dB) Up to 80 dB
4. Simultaneous Stimulation Circuits - Multiple

Cochlear

1. Temporal Resolution - Up to 14,400 pps
2. Spectral Resolution (up to 20)
3. Input Dynamic Range (45 dB)
4. Simultaneous stimulation circuits - Single

IMO, Advanced Bionics wins hands down when it comes to processing the wide range of sounds available. That's why I will be getting Advanced Bionics when the time comes.

*I'm impress contour advance electrode's body with silicone and 2 thin self-curling array. It's softip for minimal pressure. It have n22 to n24. This is comfort the design to sit on skull bone.

I looked on Google and they indeed use silicone as a cover for the CI body. Does anyone know if one can get a CI with a different material besides silicone? I know how harmful silicone is and would prefer not to have any amount inside my body.

Back