Where to find hoh dating connections?

3sweetsouls

Reaction score
Hello!! I'm totally new to this site. Was born with profound hearing loss but have succeeded in the hearing world professionally but not personally. After 2 failed relationships, marriage included, I am thinking of venturing into the HOH culture and try dating a man that has and actually understand deafness. Where can I look to meet such people since I live in a small town. Preferably in Ohio as well. Any help, advice or wisdom? Thaaaaanks! :)

Hello, lady.
I am HOH, too.
You wanna date with a HOH guy? Try it! :)
How old are you?
Okay, first of all, most men and women are in the Deaf Community.
it means that you have to look for deaf social groups and normally most of them can use ASL, speak and hear so you can try looking in your area. This is the most effective manner to reach to 'HOH people' and meet them around your area.

I'd like to listen to what made the 2 relationships failed. I'd great to share your experiences and the reasons that the relationship failed.

Last edited:
Hello. I am 31 with 2 kids. The closest that I live to a deaf community is about 2 hours away. I've looked online, but I cannot find anything related to specific regions to date. How do I get integrated into this community? And my ASL is terrible. I lip read. I can finger spell haha. If that counts for anything?

Rarely is your perfect match going to live next door. I know for some 2 hours seems far but I sometimes drive that far or farther for some Deaf events. It is usually worth the effort to meet other people with shared experiences. Sometimes you find that others also came from a long distance and they actually live closer to you if you strike up a friendship.

I suggest taking an ASL class or use the online sites (like Bill Vicar's site) to brush up on your ASL skills so Deaf socials are an option for you. If there are classes or a college nearby, see if there is an ASL club that has some events.

Another option is if there isn't anything happening locally, create something yourself. Create a group on meetup.com and see if people will come to you.

First, you can talk with hoh people, so you can ask them for help to learn ASL if they're friendly and patient. Another way to talk to deaf people who can't hear and talk anything, you can take notes so everything will flourish! You need to learn ASL; it will help you so much for better communication.

Last edited:
Back