Where to buy reputable and safe hearing aids? Coupons?

ShermanPearson

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Currently I want to buy a hearing aid for my brother, the one in use is broken and old. In this regard I have absolutely no information, could someone please tell me about it and where to buy it?
Thank you so much for sharing me.

An audiologist can make a referral for a program called Starky. The hearing aids are high quality but discounted because an audiologist in training is the one to make the molds. Similar to a dental hygiene student being cheaper for a cleaning. They are generally based out of local universities. (Here in Missouri) I hope this helps.

A Licensed Audiologist is the path to a good properly fitted hearing aid or aids. They are similar to eyeglasses. There are very few devices that the FDA qualifies as prescription hearing aids and used as such. They have built in safety paths within them. You cannot go "Buy" whatever out there on the open market as that will put all Audiologists out of business. You want medically prescribed hearing aids to MATCH the person's specific hearing chart and that is generated within a soundproof inside a formal Audiology Office for that purpose.

They do offer hearing aids that are somewhat cheaper than retail due to insurance, medicare part C etc. Otherwise they can go all the way to 7000 dollars retail. OR more when you get into surgically implanted hearing aids. (Cochlears etc)

What I want to caution against is just walking into walmart for example and picking up a sound booster device. Those generally have a very small range and are generally too weak to be any good. I have used a set of 20 dollar disposibles from Walmart in the past as a workaround until the prescribed hearing aids waiting for me on the Doctor's shelf can be paid in full and thats where the stimmy is going. Its about a thousand dollars for two on my end. My previous set was 3200 dollars and tied to a company that finally went out of existiance 10 years ago and no longer is involved in hearing aids at all. That set lasted me about 10 years in trucking. They get more wear and tear and 24/7 use than most people not involved with that kind of work and all weathers. Sometimes when it's -60 outside, they just fail. Its pretty delicate as happened to mine.

I play music in the form of organ in the old songs and hearing aids work way better than your generic boosters advertised as such on TV. You run into ear problems with chafing, loss of skin and too much wax trying to use those devices too long. Its not worth it. So take your relative to a proper audiologist and go from there. Bring some money as it will be expensive. But in the end its a proper fit for that specific person medically.

An audiologist can make a referral for a program called Starky. The hearing aids are high quality but discounted because an audiologist in training is the one to make the molds. Similar to a dental hygiene student being cheaper for a cleaning. They are generally based out of local universities. (Here in Missouri) I hope this helps.
Thanks you so much

A Licensed Audiologist is the path to a good properly fitted hearing aid or aids. They are similar to eyeglasses. There are very few devices that the FDA qualifies as prescription hearing aids and used as such. They have built in safety paths within them. You cannot go "Buy" whatever out there on the open market as that will put all Audiologists out of business. You want medically prescribed hearing aids to MATCH the person's specific hearing chart and that is generated within a soundproof inside a formal Audiology Office for that purpose.

They do offer hearing aids that are somewhat cheaper than retail due to insurance, medicare part C etc. Otherwise they can go all the way to 7000 dollars retail. OR more when you get into surgically implanted hearing aids. (Cochlears etc)

What I want to caution against is just walking into walmart for example and picking up a sound booster device. Those generally have a very small range and are generally too weak to be any good. I have used a set of 20 dollar disposibles from Walmart in the past as a workaround until the prescribed hearing aids waiting for me on the Doctor's shelf can be paid in full and thats where the stimmy is going. Its about a thousand dollars for two on my end. My previous set was 3200 dollars and tied to a company that finally went out of existiance 10 years ago and no longer is involved in hearing aids at all. That set lasted me about 10 years in trucking. They get more wear and tear and 24/7 use than most people not involved with that kind of work and all weathers. Sometimes when it's -60 outside, they just fail. Its pretty delicate as happened to mine.

I play music in the form of organ in the old songs and hearing aids work way better than your generic boosters advertised as such on TV. You run into ear problems with chafing, loss of skin and too much wax trying to use those devices too long. Its not worth it. So take your relative to a proper audiologist and go from there. Bring some money as it will be expensive. But in the end its a proper fit for that specific person medically.
Thanks for your advice

Back