where the ASL men at?

I recall few years ago one of my good friend who is police officer ... he told me the kinda of funny story that what it has happen to him for his own experiences... when he was young and want to be police officer as he found out that he is require to take the forgien courses so he decide to take the ASL class as he thought it is nothing as he have cue ed (sp?)brother, he thought it is just same as ASL so he did and came in and brag about it as he know sign languages but he discover and embrassmented himself as he learn something new about ASL and found out how easy it is and learn and decide to force his family to take ASL and it turn out better commuicate bridges cross between his brother and family.... and now that brother is no longer use cue ed and become asl and that police officer told me that he just realize how his brother become so happy to use ASL and was able to talk to anybody ... I asked him (police officer) What make family decide to put him in Cue ed in the first place ??? the Police officer was very pissed off at the DR who is the one encourage them to take Cueed as it is best cross the american . but DR is very dead wrong and his family have seen how suffer thier deaf guy being frustarted to commuicate with anybody and everybody poke at him for make fun like that expression with hand all over face u know what i am talk about ... and the police officer was so grateful that his brother learn the ASL early ages and turn out he is very smart guy ....

Well, you sound like a smart guy too, but what does IQ have to do with it? I mean, I had to learn ASL at a LATE age thru classes at a community college.
And Yep, there are plenty more ladies than men in those classes, and I kinda think guys today are DUMB not to know that and to take advantage of it, because it is like Sex Anonymous meetings, there are a lot more women than men in those meetings, hee hee (HEY, stop looking at me, fool!) and so forth.
It is not true that the ladies taking the ASL classes are "easy", whaaaaa.
Lol.
But seriously, I notice that the requirements are getting tougher and tougher to be certified as interpreter and that is turning away a lot of guys because they think maybe rightly that the lady interpreters are getting all the jobs.

I am currently taking ASL in college. This is the second level that I am taking right now. Friday is the last day, since it was a Maymester class...I'm gonna miss it :( In this class, we have 10 girls...no guys. But the teacher is a guy, but he's 41...darn...cuz if he was 20 yrs younger...hehe!! ;) He's a cutie and really funny. Anyway, in my first level of ASL in the spring, there were only two guys in the whole class of about 20 people!

Luis, I wanted to say that I think what you are doing is really awesome! :)

Back