Where I've been...

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a comment on my profile that I wanted to address publicly. CCsinned simply asked me how I was doing.

Well, not so great. I'm dealing with another wound that got infected. This one is on my left baby toe and it's deep like the other one. I've been taking care of it. I've been seeing the doctor and been on antibiotics. I'm also on pain meds. The infection is gone now, but the wound remains. No idea on timeline for healing, but I'm looking at weeks to months.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I'm praying that you will get better soon.

Hang in there. :hug:

Sorry about your health problems, OB. Take care of yourself.

Thanks, everyone.

Jillio and Arkiegal, for your benefit:

Three years ago, I had a pressure wound on my upper thigh that was to the bone. I spent nearly 18 mos recouperating and had two surgeries. I also nearly died during this ordeal. The wound on my toe started as a bruise. Apparently, I bumped my foot on something and it bruised. I have little feeling below the knees, so I didn't know it. About two weeks ago, I went into take a shower. I looked down and the bruise had broken down to an open wound due to poor circulation and it was infected. I made my way into the doctor's and I've been undergoing treatment since. I just hope and pray this darn thing doesn't require surgery. It's been my track record in the past that that's been the end result.

Last edited:
I am sorry about your foot. I will pray for you.

I am sorry to hear this. I will pray for you, Oceanbreeze. :hug:

Oh no! I hope u get better soon!

Thanks, everyone.

Jillio and Arkiegal, for your benefit:

Three years ago, I had a pressure wound on my upper thigh that was to the bone. I spent nearly 18 mos recouperating and had two surgeries. I also nearly died during this ordeal. The wound on my toe started as a bruise. Apparently, I bumped my foot on something and it bruised. I have little feeling below the knees, so I didn't know it. About two weeks ago, I went into take a shower. I looked down and the bruise had broken down to an open wound due to poor circulation and it was infected. I made my way into the doctor's and I've been undergoing treatment since. I just hope and pray this darn thing doesn't require surgery. It's been my track record in the past that that's been the end result.

I understand. Due to the neuropathy from diabetes, my brother went through the same thing on his right foot. A bruise that opened, and resulted in an antibiotic resistant staph infection. Two years from injury to healing.

(((((Oceanbreeze))))) Get well! Prayers going UP!

I soak my feet in the ocean often, works wonders for me.

I understand. Due to the neuropathy from diabetes, my brother went through the same thing on his right foot. A bruise that opened, and resulted in an antibiotic resistant staph infection. Two years from injury to healing.

Sounds oh, so familiar! Thankfully, the culture came back MRSA-negative. I've been on cipro and the infection is nearly gone. I finish the script on Wed and have had no further signs of infection. I go back to the Dr on March 10th. I've had resistent infections in the past. One made its way into my blood stream and I nearly didn't make it.

I'm no stranger to these things. This is something like my 6th sore? I am losing track of how many I've had over the years, but I've had several. Thankfully, most have healed on their own, but I have needed 3 surgeries on wounds that wouldn't heal in my lifetime. It's something I know well, but it's never something I would consider "fun" by any means.

Sorry to hear that, Ocean. I'll be crossing my fingers that your wound starts to heal soon.

I'm sorry about your health problem. I hope everything goes smooth for you and take care... :hug:

What in the world did you do to wound your toes? Try not to let them come into cpntact with outside water or dirt, and let them breathe in socks minimizing shoe wear. Also, it may help to pour a little peroxide over the toes after showering to keep them free of any lingering bacteria.

I pray for your quick recovery and to be comfortable through this - given the degree of the pain. Do take it one day at a time. :)

What in the world did you do to wound your toes? Try not to let them come into cpntact with outside water or dirt, and let them breathe in socks minimizing shoe wear. Also, it may help to pour a little peroxide over the toes after showering to keep them free of any lingering bacteria.

I can't say specifically what I did, except that I bumped it and it bruised. From there, it broke down into an open wound. I have been to the doctor and was told NOT to use peroxide. It actually will damage healthy tissue that's starting to regenerate. In lieu of peroxide, I've been treating the wound with Silvadene or Silver Nitrite. It's an antimicrobial ointment that also promotes healing by tissue regeneration. I'm also finishing up a course of cipro.

I pray for your quick recovery and to be comfortable through this - given the degree of the pain. Do take it one day at a time. :)

Thank you, Jolie. Giving my lack of sensation, you'd think I wasn't in alot of pain, but i am. The pain travels up my leg and I feel it in places that have full sensation like my knee and hip. :(

Oceanbreeze,

I am sorry to hear about that, I do hope you will get better soon and hope everything will go smooth for you and take care. :)

oh man! I am sorry about your health issues. I hope you feel better soon. Take Care Of Yourself as well. :)

Back