Where do you put the empty glasses Bottle?

Sunshinelady

Reaction score
I do want the collect in your opinion.

Where do you put the empty glasses Bottle?

In germany do have any the container for glasses near on their home.
we all do separate colors of glasses bottle. (brown, white, green glasses)
There do have the same colors of container (brown, white, green container)
i will show you the pics of container.

different colors of glasses bottles
t98ppl.jpg

separate container
23tjwg4.jpg

or another, too

21dr2mu.jpg

or

2427tcw.jpg

They will explain you, what is next with the empty glasses bottle to recycling?
sorry, it is only german language, but you will to get logic what the pics means.. okay!? :)

http://www.wdrmaus.de/sachgeschichten/altglas/
so is it...

in germany do have the separate trash bin. most in the city or on the train station or in the park. That is for plastic, canned, glasses, Food.

5ahy00.jpg

im usually recycle plastic bottle and pop soda cans often in recycle boxes but my mom wont wanted me to recycle boxes everyday! because save green grass for earth day every years its so important but i do recycle boxes include bottle.

Here we just have a little green box and all glass goes in it . Color doesn't matter. It is for each house and the recycle is collected same day as the garbage by a different truck. We don't have to take the recycling anywhere.

My bldg have recycle bins for newspaper, glass, alumium and cardboards in the underground tenant's parking garage. The truck have a sidearm looks like a robot arm to take a bin up to the overhead opening and other truck have a fork for large trash bins.

I am putting empty glass bottles in green recycles. I saw your pictures of recycles bins. I wish in American have one for organize the recycles bins like this. They should near to garbage bins.

Here in my country we used to have the green bins for glasses and aluminium and now change using the big blue and yellow to take on glass, tins and plastic all in the one bin. So much easier!! See the pic below the green one was old one and big blue bin we use now.

recyclingbins.jpg

we have recycle bins.. separate glasses, metal, aluminum, papers..

if you want recycle bins.. call your waste management to send you recycle bins.. sometimes they will send you one.. but ask for lists what not put in or put in.. :)

I always recycle the glasses, I usually tell the visitors to put the glasses on the counter, not the garbage so that I can recycle them. I have a small dark green plastic box outside which I bring over to the front of the yard every Friday for the truck to come by. I also recycle the papers, plastic, cupboard, etc. and actually I have three boxes that are recycle, dark green for glasses, metals, and plastic, white one is for cupboards, and the brown one is for papers. Other can is just for trash, but I am strictly recycle more than trash.

Here...green bin is for plastic, cans, bottles and blue is for newspaper..I can be wrong...I don't have them but I need to call and have them drop them off here.

For glasses, if it was from beer, wine cooler etc...I'll get 5 cents back. So I put them in my own 'bin' in my kitchen...whenever it gets full (cans, bottles etc) I'll just take them to grocery store and recycle them to get 5 cents.

3carts.jpg

Residentials have these choices of sizes above: 96 gallons, 64 gallons and 32 gallons.

Usually we have 3 cans with 3 different colors:

Trash Bin = can be one of the size of 3 above with color of Blue (depends of disposal company that uses other kinds of color code)

Recycle Bin = either 96 or 64 gallons bin with color brown

Yard Waste Recycling = Usually 96 gallons bin with color green.

Our disposal company is Allied Waste, and they uses automated side loader truck to pick up those bins. Old time there was men to all the work to load trash in rear loader truck. Now it changed to machinery arm to pick up trash bin into trash truck in most areas. Trucks can be either side load, rear load, or front load.

We in Michigan return glasses bottle to the store for 10 cents each a bottle back.

Example; you give 50 glasses bottles back to the store then the store will give you back 5 dollars for them.

That's what Michigan have for glasses, plastic and alumiun*sp*.

3carts.jpg

Residentials have these choices of sizes above: 96 gallons, 64 gallons and 32 gallons.

Usually we have 3 cans with 3 different colors:

Trash Bin = can be one of the size of 3 above with color of Blue (depends of disposal company that uses other kinds of color code)

Recycle Bin = either 96 or 64 gallons bin with color brown

Yard Waste Recycling = Usually 96 gallons bin with color green.

Our disposal company is Allied Waste, and they uses automated side loader truck to pick up those bins. Old time there was men to all the work to load trash in rear loader truck. Now it changed to machinery arm to pick up trash bin into trash truck in most areas. Trucks can be either side load, rear load, or front load.

The larger bin one. It's my mom have one. But not same as your like small bins. The brown bin is for papers and newspapers and other yellow bin is for plastic, metal, aluminum and glasses. Unlike your small bins one. They don't have lids on it. I like Sunshinelady's bins from in Germany. It's great organize.

Glass isn't too important to recylce.(very little that they can be turned into) I recycle the glass bottles and cans, but for non redemables, I smash them in a rock in my yard and then put them in the ocean so they can become beachglass. I recycle everything else thou.......like plastic, paper and metal.

Hey, ya all!!! I am happy and thanks for posts. Now i can collect to your opinion. very interesting!!! I know in America and Germany are different. that is fine with me, but i don't know the same rules in each state or some different. that is what, i saw the motorcycle with helmet in CA, but in AZ don't need carry with the helmet. Surprised me!!!!
anyway, I do care about environment. I am happy in Germany do care environmental, too...so, I hope in America do more care environmental, too like in Germany. :)

I recycle glass bottles along with other recyclable items. They can be mixed up and they sort it out at the warehouse, it's like that in many areas here in WA state.

I never heard of recycling glass bottles, sorting by their colors...how odd.

Glass isn't too important to recylce.(very little that they can be turned into) I recycle the glass bottles and cans, but for non redemables, I smash them in a rock in my yard and then put them in the ocean so they can become beachglass. I recycle everything else thou.......like plastic, paper and metal.

Any materials thats throw into the garabage. That really hurt the environment ! Surely, glass are important to recycle that can be reuse ! Factory burning the air! Recycle doesn't burn into the air ! So, you are saying the glass isn't important. You break the glass and put into the ocean ! Its can be harmful to sea animals or persons. How long the glass can turn into sand ? Thats takes years! Where is your brain? Go back to college ! That's my husband wrote this.

Any materials thats throw into the garabage. That really hurt the environment ! Surely, glass are important to recycle that can be reuse ! Factory burning the air! Recycle doesn't burn into the air ! So, you are saying the glass isn't important. You break the glass and put into the ocean ! Its can be harmful to sea animals or persons. How long the glass can turn into sand ? Thats takes years! Where is your brain? Go back to college ! That's my husband wrote this.

:gpost: I agree with you! Yes, glass is very important for recycles. It sound she is careless about the environment!

Back