Where are you from??

naive in Nu Yawk and now living in the almost 3rd largest city of USA

I was born and raised in Montana and worked there most of my life but have retired to Albany, Oregon.

The largest face-to-face deaf community in this state is twenty-five miles to the north in Salem, the capital city where Oregon School for the Deaf is located.
However, because I don't know many deafies locally, my deaf community is here at AllDeaf. :grouphug: :gossip: :applause::h5:

San Francisco

giphy.gif

Charlotte, NC. I have lived at Ft. Bliss-El Paso when my dad was training there prior to the first Gulf War. Welcome! :wave:

I grew up in Ohio but moved to Missouri for graduate school and lived there for a number of years. I live in Illinois now.

I was born and raised in Montana and worked there most of my life but have retired to Albany, Oregon.

The largest face-to-face deaf community in this state is twenty-five miles to the north in Salem, the capital city where Oregon School for the Deaf is located.
However, because I don't know many deafies locally, my deaf community is here at AllDeaf. :grouphug: :gossip: :applause::h5:
I live in salem oregon and it is great for deaf to Deaf interaction. but there is A LOT of hearing asl students that can be a bit annoying. Since asl is a second language at most of the school on salem, all the hearing students will go to the deaf school and try to fit in.
I use to really be part of the deaf community here but it was extremely hard to keep up with all the events and meetings that I have kind of distanced myself for it all. I do talk with others often but I don't have a group of people I personally know that are hoh or deaf. I was raised in the hearing world, so all of my friends are hearing.

In my life have lived in 24 different places mostly in Massachusetts not very deep roots but oh well such is life

I'm from the beautiful city of Chicago where there are Deaf events going on practically every week.

Back