Where are you from?

There is an inner excitement I feel in Alaska that is for me unique and like nowhere else I have been. I was born there before statehood and what it was still lives inside me.
The reality shows and all that are a bunch of staged bs to make money. The place has a long history of being the land of opportunists and it still attracts that way. The place gets to people and they are held there by a kind of magic that is beyond the grubbing for dollars and they stay.
I love the other places of this awesome planet but Alaska has a special flavor all its own that energizes the insides....smiles here.

There is an inner excitement I feel in Alaska that is for me unique and like nowhere else I have been. I was born there before statehood and what it was still lives inside me.
The reality shows and all that are a bunch of staged bs to make money. The place has a long history of being the land of opportunists and it still attracts that way. The place gets to people and they are held there by a kind of magic that is beyond the grubbing for dollars and they stay.
I love the other places of this awesome planet but Alaska has a special flavor all its own that energizes the insides....smiles here.
I knew some women that lived in Alaska and they came to Massachusetts during the winter and they told me it was colder here than there . They said there winter was dry cold
and our was wet cold . Is this true ?

I knew some women that lived in Alaska and they came to Massachusetts during the winter and they told me it was colder here than there . They said there winter was dry cold
and our was wet cold . Is this true ?

yes
because you're closer to the water make the moist blow to you

Born in CT, grew up in CT, FL, RI, NJ, CA, NJ, CT, CA, CT, in that order. As an adult, lived in MD, IN, IL, FL, WI, and SC. Have been in SC since 1978.

I have visited Massachusetts in winter and found it to be really cold. It is colder in many parts of Alaska where there is the water influence and the higher latitude. Still like the winter cold that hits the Midwest it is a chill to the bone kind of cold on the Atlantic seaboard.
It is warmer in Alaska as a direct and increasing result of the rapid climate change that is happening. The numbers somehow do not impress like living where it is happening.
For instance as a small child in Anchorage, Alaska the Cook Inlet that city resides by was in the winter completely packed with large icebergs in the winter. Now there are none.

I'm from WA in the beautiful PNW. If you're going to Eastern Washington University hit me up! My ASL skills are getting rusty :/

Back