Where are the captioned movie trailers?

syounger64

Reaction score
I google to find where are the captioned movie trailers and didn't find much. Wondering why?
I'm not talking about movie trailers for months old movies but movies that are coming out soon. I also wonder why captionfish stopped doing this. If you know a good website, let me know!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any options on that front. Some movie trailers on YouTube may have closed captioning support, but they're quite rare. Enabling closed captioning in iOS settings and using the Apple Movie Trailers app does nothing. Someone has to pay to put them in and apparently the movie studios don't want to.

I've been pushing for closed captioning ever since video streaming sites came out. I used to send emails imploring Netflix and Hulu to push for CC support, and would link to them just how many deaf/HH people out there online would use their service if they had CC support. It took them years to finally make a respectable showing on that front, but now they need to do so for movie trailers and other areas where we're left out when trying to enjoy media content.

This is why I watch foreign films....

Laura

European foreign or ...? I've enjoyed some South Korean films, even though their culture and humor is quite different from our's. They are also really big on tearjerkers, moreso than Americans.

European foreign or ...? I've enjoyed some South Korean films, even though their culture and humor is quite different from our's. They are also really big on tearjerkers, moreso than Americans.

Korea and Thailand make very good horror films and I'll sometimes watch the action films. A Bittersweet Life (Korea) Tidal Wave (Korea) The Host (Korea) Beautiful Boxer (Thailand) Dorm (Thailand) Chocolate (Thailand) are a few films that jump out that I've loved.

I prefer Hong Kong for the majority of movies I watch: Johnny To especially. I love Lau Ching Wan and Louis Koo. Naturally Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung for action...

I also watch a lot from Argentina - anything by Cecilia Roth and Ricardo Darin. Spain makes good films too and I loved The Orphanage and The Baby's Room to name a couple.

For European films, over all, I don't know many beyond the films of Sophia Loren. I did enjoy Das Boot, Run Lola Run, and Man from Beijing - all German. I do love Jeanne Moreau in just about anything she's done, especially The Summer House aka The Clothes in the Wardrobe. One of my favorite English films is Queen of Hearts (1989), a story about an Italian family building a new life in England to escape their past...which I have closed captioned.

When you need a film with subtitles, foreign films are your best bet, I think.

I don't do horror, too much of a wuss. I did see Oldboy, which was pretty depressing and terrifying in a way.

The Host and Bittersweet Life were awesome, haven't seen the others, though. I'll have to check them out. My Sassy Girl is a funny comedy that I thought was pretty good (but the American version, as predicted, was horrible.) Have you seen Ong Bak and the sequel, yet? That's a great martial arts movie, and I think it's Thai. I've also seen some Donnie Yen and Sammo movies, as well as some Jackie Chan stuff from overseas.

I'll look into those Spanish films, I have heard they do make good movies, too. Overall, I have very little experience with European films. Most of it would be British historicals, as I'm a sucker for anything historical fiction from England's past.

Old Boy I saw (Korean not the remake) and it was hard to watch; those aren't the kind of films I go for either, although Kang Ho-Song is my favorite actor from Korea. I've seen everything with Tony Jaa and he's great. Poetry and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring (Korea) are the type of films that I prefer. IMO, I don't think the Asian Horror films are scary in general but they are extremely well acted with solid stories so that's why I like them. The Eye from Hong Kong is the only possible exception; horror stories are the Achilles heal of China/Hong Kong thanks to the government censors. The Wishing Stairs and Nightmare from Korea are excellent dramas (supposed to be scary, I guess).

Rough Cut from Korea is entertaining for an action film; I enjoyed the Marrying the Mafia comedies too (Korea) Sanda Ng of Hong Kong is an excellent comedic actress (and much to my surprise a very good dramatic actress), All's Well Ends Well 2009 remains my favorite. I obviously prefer Asian films but anytime I see something from Argentina on Netflix, I'm on it. Still waiting for Everybody has a Plan with Viggo Mortensen....Sadly, Netflix is pretty lacking in it's foreign film selection....particularly for Hong Kong and Argentina. Overheard (2009) from Hong Kong isn't available on Netflix yet and it's now on it's third sequel..... :(

Nice, I've been meaning to find a way to discover more quality Asian films but never could find a site with good recommendations. I'm adding many of the ones you listed to my To Watch List. I wish Netflix had a greater foreign selection too, but I can see why they'd have a hard time negotiating the rights with other countries and their studios.

Nice, I've been meaning to find a way to discover more quality Asian films but never could find a site with good recommendations. I'm adding many of the ones you listed to my To Watch List. I wish Netflix had a greater foreign selection too, but I can see why they'd have a hard time negotiating the rights with other countries and their studios.

If you're interested, this is where I buy, they're a reputable company that I've done business with for years:

YESASIA: Online Shopping for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese Movies, TV Dramas, Music, Games, Books, Comics, Toys, Electronics, and more! - Free Shipping

That's cool about Asian horror films...Im a horror/sci-fi fan. Yes the Host was awesome. ...anyone seen the same director's recent film Snowpiercer? It's on demand and plan to watch it sometimes soon.

A movie theatre near my home always has all the movies captioned with rear view tech so I'm lucky. Some of the trailers in the theatres even have captions which is cool too.

Back