when you are on craigslist...

Glenn

Reaction score
What do you look at?

I like to browse cars & trucks by owner to see what kinds of old cars people are selling. Sometimes there are some nice finds. If I only had the money and a place to keep them... :)

Jobs, furniture, apartments...

And once in a while... Missed connections just for the laughs.

I wonder how often those missed connections actually connect.

I wonder how often those missed connections actually connect.

probably .05 % of the time only to break up 50% of time which is why we never hear about it? :cool2:

I look there as it got strangest things to say there at times. :lol:

I don't go on Craig's List. Sorry no stories to share here.

I check out the "Free"....Pets....garage sales...furniture, (and I've gotten some good buys)...General....and the jokes section...also the jobs section too....Also check out CL in my hometown of N.C., and if I see a good bargain, I let my sister know....The rants & raves section (sometimes).

Mostly on Free, kids/baby section, pet, lost/found, sometimes childcare (if I need $ and find a sitting job but not right now)

Sometimes I go on "wanted"...I do put "wanted" if I need something. Not often and of course I sell stuff..need to get rid of stuff out of house :)

I don't know if anyone have heard called "FreeCycle".

Here's the link: The Freecycle Network

This is like "free trading place" instead of going to landfill. There are many thing you can find for free. When my son or my daughter is looking for furniture for their apt, I collect very nice kitchen table and chairs, couch, TV stand, and so on. Then brought it up to Rochester, NY. All for free.

I used to have lot of stuff around here.. like our old treadmill, it still work and only need to replace the belt. I don't have to worry about hauling it out to the landfill cuz it weigh about 350 lbs. I just simply post it on freecycle and with in a minute, whoever sent me the e-mail first is the winner. One hour later, my old treadmill is gone. I used to give away many computers and tubed monitors I have here, still work fine for kids to use it. This was gone within 1 hour.

The only draw back is that you have to watch very carefully, whatever they post a new item or items, you have to e-mail it fast that you want it, or someone else will get it first. It's worth it and it's very nice, I hate to see workable thing going to the landfill to pollute the place.

There are funny posting.. some people are looking for BMW, or people looking for new laptop, or very strange thing of what they are looking for.

see it for yourself.

Oooh, thanks for the link! *Checks it out* I've been looking for free wooden picture frames everywhere to continue my projects!

NP! Yeah, if you are looking for picture frames, just simply say "Wanted" and then say... Looking for picture frames..with specific size or any size. I'm sure you will get good response depending on where you live. I applied 3 places, one my home town, one near my work and one where my wife work.. That way you will get a higher chance of what you are looking for or what you need. I live in metro-DC area so we easily get what we looking for or easily to get rid of...

Lights, pots, tubes, tanks, (stuff for hydroponics) and saddles, horse blankets, bridles. I don't go buy any of it, I just like to windowshop hehe

I browse through free stuff,children's clothing, furniture, and RV 's

I usually look through free stuff, general, household, and job listings.

Seven years ago my ex sold my couch and loveseat without my consent, which pissed me off. I recently moved to a new place (out of the state) this past fall and needed a cheap couch/loveseat...as I was browsing, I saw a set that was the kind I had before - the one my ex sold. So I bought it...and as I brought it in my place, I realized that there was a name written on the tag on the inside of the couch where the cushions cover it. MY name. I quickly looked at the loveseat, too. And there was MY name on the tag of the loveseat!!! THIS set was actually MINE! I had the names written on the tag because I lent the set for a school play one time.

Isn't this crazy!?!

Seven years ago my ex sold my couch and loveseat without my consent, which pissed me off. I recently moved to a new place (out of the state) this past fall and needed a cheap couch/loveseat...as I was browsing, I saw a set that was the kind I had before - the one my ex sold. So I bought it...and as I brought it in my place, I realized that there was a name written on the tag on the inside of the couch where the cushions cover it. MY name. I quickly looked at the loveseat, too. And there was MY name on the tag of the loveseat!!! THIS set was actually MINE! I had the names written on the tag because I lent the set for a school play one time.

Isn't this crazy!?!

Gosh! Talk about full circle. Also you paid for this couch two time!!

Dominatrices mainly......sometimes missed connections.

Actually sports tickets and stuff like that

Back