Wheat Bread good for birds?????

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
This a.m. I did throw some left over wheat breads to my yard.. Wonder if wheat bread will harm to birds??? :confused:

I dunno...I would toss out left over old bread in my front yard for the birds to eat. Let them enjoy! LOL!

This a.m. I did throw some left over wheat breads to my yard.. Wonder if wheat bread will harm to birds??? :confused:

Dont worry!!..

Wheat is part of grain.. birds do eat grains.. :) but will fat them up nicely lol
hehe :)

The squirrels will probably steal it first anyway. :)

Whew.. Glad that i am not murderer! :giggle:!!

Thank you!!!! :D

yes its fine... BUT remind... throw them out early morning... do not throw out in afternoon.. birds need all day to digest foods .. if not enough time .. they will blow up and die.. so its best idea to throw bread out in morning time... OK? so keep that in mind! :)

Also do not feed birds rotting breads. make sure they are fresh... ok.. :)

Rice ARE bad idea to throw to birds.. rice are consumed and it swollen their stomach and kill them hence why we dont throw rices at wedding anymore.. its bird seeds now. :)

yes its fine... BUT remind... throw them out early morning... do not throw out in afternoon.. birds need all day to digest foods .. if not enough time .. they will blow up and die.. so its best idea to throw bread out in morning time... OK? so keep that in mind! :)

Also do not feed birds rotting breads. make sure they are fresh... ok.. :)

Rice ARE bad idea to throw to birds.. rice are consumed and it swollen their stomach and kill them hence why we dont throw rices at wedding anymore.. its bird seeds now. :)

Very interesting!! Thanks post!!! ;):):)

Often see birds eat french fries in the parking lot so I do not think whole wheat bread will harm them.

How about feeding those birds a bunch of Alka-Selzter... and watch them explode?

(No, they won't really explode.) ;)

Interesting thread, I never thought about this...

As I notice that birds eat anything what they spot...

I own elderberry tree at garden... The birds love to pinch top of elderberries tree... arrgghhh... It's large tree... Every September I collect elderberries for make jellies and juices.. and leave top for birds to eat...

I went Google and see what elderberry looks like. It looks like blueberries! It look yummie to eat! I love any kind of berries! YUMMIE! MMMM! But I never try that kind though!

Interesting thread, I never thought about this...

As I notice that birds eat anything what they spot...

I own elderberry tree at garden... The birds love to pinch top of elderberries tree... arrgghhh... It's large tree... Every September I collect elderberries for make jellies and juices.. and leave top for birds to eat...

I went Google and see what elderberry looks like. It looks like blueberries! It look yummie to eat! I love any kind of berries! YUMMIE! MMMM! But I never try that kind though!

Yes, I agree that it look like blueberries but I would say blueberries is bit big balls than elderberries balls. I have 2 blueberries bushes in my garden.

You can see the difference between elderberries and blueberries.

Elderberries
elderberries - Google Bilder

Blueberries
blueberries - Google Bilder

Never, never eat raw elderberries unless you cook them. It will get you stomachache when you eat raw elderberries... I use elderberries for make jellies, jam, pies and pancakes, etc. mmmmhhhhh I put many juices in freezer... they are good for prevent from cold, flu, influenza, virus, etc.

Yes, I agree that it look like blueberries but I would say blueberries is bit big balls than elderberries balls. I have 2 blueberries bushes in my garden.

You can see the difference between elderberries and blueberries.

Elderberries
elderberries - Google Bilder

Blueberries
blueberries - Google Bilder

Never, never eat raw elderberries unless you cook them. It will get you stomachache when you eat raw elderberries... I use elderberries for make jellies, jam, pies and pancakes, etc. mmmmhhhhh I put many juices in freezer... they are good for prevent from cold, flu, influenza, virus, etc.
As a kid my mom made elderberry jelly. It was good. I used to pull berries off the bunch and eat them. I never had a belly ache from them. BUT I'm not saying it won't happen, everyone is different. Could happen if eaten on an empty stomach.
That's great that you can make these homemade items! Elderberry jelly or jam are hard to find.

I raise chickens currently for eggs, been doing so for the last 3 - 4 years, now that I got the bigger property Im going to raise a bigger flock of egg layers and have a separate flock of meat birds. Means building 2 large coops soon, going to sell mt current heavy duty coop I built 3 years ago, still like new. And the new one will be simular to the saloon , only twice as big.

Back