• Rayovac

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • iCellTech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Energizer

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • ZeniPower

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Something different (post below what it is!)

• I don't know/care

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Whatever is the cheapest one!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • None of the above applies to you.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're awesome!!!

• Total voters
I either order mine online, or get them at Walgreens or CVS whenever they are on sale. They often have 2 packs for the price of 1 sales. So I'm not super-choosy on what brands they are, but if the packaging looks old or odd/dirty, then I would pass and look elsewhere. Check expiration dates too.
Yeah. Some places are pretty dumb when it comes to trying to sell expired stuff.

One time, I went to Albertsons (grocery store) and they had a bunch of hearing aid batteries on clearance. I saw blue stickers and immediately went to check. They were 50% off! Whoa! Then I checked the expiration dates. They expired 2 years ago!!! Seriously? I'm not gonna spend $3 (50% off of $6) on batteries that expired 2 years ago! :roll:

I feel sorry for whoever was dumb enough to buy those without checking the expiration date.

well expired batteries still have some power, just shortened, hence the clearance/discounts. But yeah, I always check the expiration dates first before buying, even when they're marked down for clearance. I once found HA batteries several years ago at Walgreens that had just expired like 2 months ago (and still at its regular price, not discounted), so I kept digging until I found the fresher batteries.

Whatever works...fortunately, I get my batteries for free by my audi.

Laura

Stop and think! They are not free. Undoubtedly the audi figures what battery demand is going to be when setting the prices for other services. A better way to say it is no separate charges for batteries.

for some reason i was thinking of belt, whiplash, whatever. My mind is clay right now from nicotine withdrawal.

I don't really need battery, but I'd pick ultracell or energizer.

Stop and think! They are not free. Undoubtedly the audi figures what battery demand is going to be when setting the prices for other services. A better way to say it is no separate charges for batteries.

The price is always the same regardless of the hearing aid center, so I can either get them for free, or go out and pay more. I'll stick with the audi, she's the best....

well expired batteries still have some power, just shortened, hence the clearance/discounts. But yeah, I always check the expiration dates first before buying, even when they're marked down for clearance. I once found HA batteries several years ago at Walgreens that had just expired like 2 months ago (and still at its regular price, not discounted), so I kept digging until I found the fresher batteries.
Yeah. Even if they expired recently, they should still be good for another few months.

I got batteries from Target that were on clearance and they were going to expire in 6 months... March 2013. I'm still using them and they're still as good as they were before they expired. :)

I've used batteries that expired more than 6 months ago and they had a shorter lifespan. :(

for some reason i was thinking of belt, whiplash, whatever. My mind is clay right now from nicotine withdrawal.

I don't really need battery, but I'd pick ultracell or energizer.

right,ive done this too, try NOT to have coffee (or tea) while you have a smoke...keep it separate, if you're cutting it down, (which would be easier, than cutting off straight away.

i did the cold turkey way from ciggies, but before i did that i did like 3 months of cutting down (steady rate and not mixing smokes with coffee)...it helped.

just ideas.

and no, i dont recharge homemade batteries i was only joking :giggle: but....
might be possible, and be quite dangerous too :lol:

i use zinc air batteries.

its hard to say -- I been buying retail batteries whatever looks like a good price for years and now I started buying online. My latest purchase was rayovac worlds longest lasting battery that is not a retail version. I was able to get a 10 pack and split with 3 ways with 2 friends with extra pack for me for doing the work and buying with my money first. We all use same size and have different HA's and different environment to use it in and own habits. This will be a good test to see if the battery does live up to its hype.

I've tried them all, Power One Cochlear is my favorite, as they last a long time and I love their packaging, just peel the battery out of the pack instead of peeling the stickers off each battery like most others.

(Cochlear Store's prices are hard to beat on Power One CI's)

Never paid much attention to HA batteries, as they lasted me a long time, got the cheapest I could find. My wife uses whatever 675 batteries I use in my CI's, and those things last her 2-3 weeks.

I'm amazed that some people can get 3 weeks or more with 675s. I've never been able to get that with my 675s.

I'm amazed that some people can get 3 weeks or more with 675s. I've never been able to get that with my 675s.

Same here. Mine last about a week each, regardless of brand. I kind of thought that was rather normal. No?

Whatever is cheapest for me. I just went to Walmart a couple days ago and didn't have much of a choice - there was only two packages of the size 13 left by Rayovac so I just took those and went on my way :)

I have used them before too and they have good life as well, so I'm happy :)

When I used to have hearing aids, they last about 2 weeks on average. I don't remember the brand of 675 size batteries I used. I stopped wearing aids in 2007.

its hard to say -- I been buying retail batteries whatever looks like a good price for years and now I started buying online. My latest purchase was rayovac worlds longest lasting battery that is not a retail version. I was able to get a 10 pack and split with 3 ways with 2 friends with extra pack for me for doing the work and buying with my money first. We all use same size and have different HA's and different environment to use it in and own habits. This will be a good test to see if the battery does live up to its hype.

that's really interesting!

please do keep us posted

Smiles (not using the smiles, its a smilies-free day here)

My size 13 batteries last me at least a week, maybe a day or two more sometimes.

i get about 2ish weeks.

That's how long I thought mine lasted, but my battery died recently, last week I think? I remembered I changed my battery last about week after I started and I'd been there 4 weeks, so it must have lasted about 3. That's wearing it between 12 and 16 hours a day (though some weekends I might weat it only a few hours or not at all) and my loss is profound, 90-110 dbs through various frequencies though most of them are around 100 and 105, for tha tear anyway. The other ear is worse so it might eat more power, but I don't wear it very often.

Back